Player Discussion: Nikolaj "Probert" Ehlers Pt. 2

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Really happy to see the development in Nik's all-round game (we saw a big jump last year IMO) and excited to see him emerge as the top winger he's threatened to be for a while. And hopefully all of those things together plus some PP1 time will remove him from the trade block permanently!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
OK, now that he's on PP1 he will light it up. Ehlers would have some PP assists if PP2 had any goal scorers.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Love to see the Flying Dutchman on PP 1. Watch out for Goal Lamps flashing. :nod:

Reactions: hn777

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Interesting post game interview with Maurice after the San Jose win. He would have Ehlers on the first power play unit but Ehlers wanted to stay on the second unit!
Reason: He could play his preferred position on the second, didnt like to play the position he was asked to play on the first unit.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Interesting post game interview with Maurice after the San Jose win. He would have Ehlers on the first power play unit but Ehlers wanted to stay on the second unit!
Reason: He could play his preferred position on the second, didnt like to play the position he was asked to play on the first unit.
Does this make any sense?

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Oh boy, this is really embarrassing for Maurice. Apparently, he wanted Ehlers on PP1 "out of respect, as he is our leading scorer", and it seems he would put Ehlers in the slot position!

Has he no clue about his players talents. Ehlers is a sniper, and has a pretty good one-timer from a distance. If we didn't have Laine, Ehlers would be our *shooter* on the PP.

Talk about putting players in a position to succeed. Or not.

/rant

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I disagree.

He is more than that:sarcasm:
Give him PP1 time in a position, where he can succeed, and I could see him have an even higher ceiling.

I have to agree with you here --if he had a lot of PP time, he could likely hit up around 90 points, or maybe more. I've always said, Ehler's is one of our most talented players -- maybe the most talented and he's young and still getting better. There should never be talk of trading him.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Oh boy, this is really embarrassing for Maurice. Apparently, he wanted Ehlers on PP1 "out of respect, as he is our leading scorer", and it seems he would put Ehlers in the slot position!

Has he no clue about his players talents. Ehlers is a sniper, and has a pretty good one-timer from a distance. If we didn't have Laine, Ehlers would be our *shooter* on the PP.

Talk about putting players in a position to succeed. Or not.

/rant

I thought he was asked to play the half-wall in practice on PP1? Connor was in the slot.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I thought he was asked to play the half-wall in practice on PP1? Connor was in the slot.
I am not sure about practice, but Maurice just said in his post-game presser, they wanted Ehlers to play the slot, and he didn't feel it was a position for him to succeed, so they put Perreault in the slot instead.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Ehlers was asked to play on PP 1 -- but declined because they wanted him to play on his off wing -- where Laine would play, and Ehler's is a lefty, and it wouldn't work for him --he needs his stick "inside" to get off quick shots -- on "right wing" -- where Wheeler plays, because he shoots left.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

Ehlers was asked to play on PP 1 -- but declined because they wanted him to play on his off wing -- where Laine would play, and Ehler's is a lefty, and it wouldn't work for him --he needs his stick "inside" to get off quick shots -- on "right wing" -- where Wheeler plays, because he shoots left.

Hmm I'm getting two different answers from you and hn777 (slot and left-side half-wall)....I'm too lazy to look for the interviews so I'll just let it go. :)

Reactions: GNP

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I think Ehler's is an 80 point forward -- I wonder if other fans agree with me.
Depends of usage
With current usage I think his ceiling is about 70 points.
We will see some regression. Its a long season
How many ppg players was out there with no PP1 time past seasons? Probably not many - if any at all!

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
What a year this guy is having

He has been very promising the first 14 games. Season is 82 games long (and most likely no more than that) and he still have to proof that he go thru a season without significant droughts. If he can do that, he has moved himself into the groupe of elite players.
So far so good.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
He should take Wheeler's spot on pp.

I hope that Chevy is waiting Minny to fire Bruce. Bruce is a wizard when you compare him to this Puppet coach. Inmates are running the show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad