Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak: Scherby-Dooby-Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hard not to be pessimistic when Julien does not appear to be willing to give him a serious chance

his injury was real bad timing for him. If we're not winning, Scherbak will get a shot on the 4th line.

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Yep, Julien will try other options first. But if those don't work Scherbak will get in.

With Byron back soon and Armia a bit later, some decisions will have to be made. Who do they keep & Peca , Hudon or Scherbak ? And what about Chaput and Agostino ?

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Byron back soon and Armia a bit later, some decisions will have to be made. Who do they keep & Peca , Hudon or Scherbak ? And what about Chaput and Agostino ?

I expose Deslauriers and Peca to waivers before Scherbak.

Chaput and Agostino are proving to be all around reliable 4th liners, so it's more complicated with them. If push can to shove, I'd probably risk losing them to waivers than Scherbak.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Jul 6, 2016

Chaput and Agostino are proving to be all around reliable 4th liners, so it's more complicated with them. If push can to shove, I'd probably risk losing them to waivers than Scherbak.

I agree about DeLo and Peca.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree about DeLo and Peca.

I highly, highly doubt d-lo and his contract would get claimed. Peca's a center so it's possible he would. We're already thin at center after losing Pleks and DLR. I would have liked to have had Pleky in Laval, working with the kids in an almost player-coach role, and there if we needed him in case of injuries. We should have tried to get DLR through waivers at the end of training camp when every team had a surplus of bubble players they had high hopes for.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

I have no problem putting Scherbak on waivers. He is a bust, there is something clearly missing. I think it is a safe bet that he will be in the KHL in 2 years. One would think with all the openings this year he would have come to camp with a fire in his belly but instead another brutal pre-season

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This look like the Tinordi situation all over again. If we are lucky we might get John Scott in return,

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
This look like the Tinordi situation all over again. If we are lucky we might get John Scott in return,

Getting a player of the caliber of someone who could end up being MVP of an all-star game would indeed be a nice return for Scherbak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This Org. capable of miracle with their magic tricks/voodoo. Transforming the Prospects one by one into a Bust...

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Funny enough, the only two first round picks that haven't completely busted for us yet are both our youngest player and our longest tenured player. Juulsen's borderline.

Reactions: bsl

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Way too much rumbling for a player who doesn’t have the skill to be an nhl top 6 player nor the intelligence or drive to even be a bottom 6 player.

Literally a player of zero use.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sherbak got injured a bunch and resisted coaching. He was also slow. That it isn’t the organizations fault.

Definitely the .org.’s fault for drafting him. Can’t be that they just noticed how slow he is.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Bear in mind, I'm not a hockey professional, but how can a coach evaluate what a player can do without playing time? Are guys like Julien that supremely skilled at evaluation that they can see that at practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad