Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak: Scherby-Dooby-Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can we just trade him know so we stop talking about him

Joel Bouchard says he sympathizes with him - didn't play for a month, had a good first game back, was sick the next two games, played a strong 4th game even though he didn't get on the score sheet, and then in his 5th game he scored before getting injured.

Bouchard says his stats don't look good on paper, but no way you can assess him based on that.

Reactions: Mrb1p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Joel Bouchard says he sympathizes with him - didn't play for a month, had a good first game back, was sick the next two games, played a strong 4th game even though he didn't get on the score sheet, and then in his 5th game he scored before getting injured.

Bouchard says his stats don't look good on paper, but no way you can assess him based on that.

that's 100% how I would have put it. Didn't play for a month, had a good 1st game back, then sick then comes back and plays well, then scored a beauty and gets injured in fact he ended up on his back with his skates over his head, I was worried he was going to cut someone the way he went into the scrum. But I still don't think he's going to get a fair shake from CJ, just can't see CJ liking his game at all.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

And ? He could had score 10 goals and I wouldn't want him more in the club

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Can i assess him based on him a bad player thus far in his career? Bouchard is a part of our organization, obviously hes not gonna be brutally honest about Scherbak when were trying to move him.. that would just reduce his value (if he has any at thi point).

I wish we could know which moron scout pushed us to draft Scherbak.

Reactions: Vachon23

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty sure they can put Scherbak on IR retroactively. One of the reasons day to day guys don't go on IR is because I believe there is a minimum amount of time a player must be out once on IR. I think 7 days.

Habs don't really need to recall anyone yet anyways. They have only one game left on this road trip and as long as the 12 forwards can all play that last game, they can leave it til Sunday when they're back in Montreal.

It would be good to get Scherbak into a game though. Maybe he could help our crappy PP.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
What happened with him where is he now ? Is he still injure ? why is he not playing with all those call ups ? I lost track

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What happened with him where is he now ? Is he still injure ? why is he not playing with all those call ups ? I lost track

yeah, I think he's still injured. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.

I still think it's possible for him to correct the non-offensive parts of his game, and be a top 9 NHLer. Just got to stick with him through this rough patch.

Reactions: Chr1s97

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He's about to come back, do we try him or he's being traded ?

Thing is, how do you trade a player who has sat/been injured so much this year and get any value for him? They have to play him or just throw in the towel and trade him for little and potentially watch him blossom into a decent player somewhere else.

Reactions: Agalloch

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Thanks. All good news, particularly Byron ... hopefully the can send Sherbak back for another conditioning stint.
Scherbak I doubt would agree to another conditioning stint. The handling of this kid has been substandard. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Scherbak I doubt would agree to another conditioning stint. The handling of this kid has been substandard. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere

I don’t see why he wouldn’t agree. He is put of game shape after his injury, he probably won’t be asked to play for the Habs, he gets paid the same, he has friends in Laval, and he won’t have to move.

Even if he is fed up and just wants to be traided, playing in the AHL and getting scouted is a faster way to achieve that then watching the Habs from the pressbox and practicing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's about to come back, do we try him or he's being traded ?

I've been saying since the summer I think he gets traded, unless their isn't much of a market for him and then maybe they carry him on the roster till they need to make room. If they can't get anything of value for him, maybe they could try to see if he would clear waivers but I don't think he would. But maybe with him being injured, not playing much this year, perhaps he would clear but I'd be a bit surprised if he did clear and not sure they would try it. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter as it's unlikely he'll ever be a player that CJ will trust and want to put out there unless it's with guys that are really strong in their own end.

Can we send him down again for conditional stint or its a one shot deal?

they can, the only thing they have to worry about is if the league thinks they are trying to circumvent waivers but I don't see how the league could say anything, the guy has barely played all year and just injured his knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany