Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev 1 Year ELC

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
After seeing how the Avs did after playing Makar, I'm hoping he plays. As happy as we were for the result last night, we only had one line score and he might be the most offensively skilled player on the roster. Maybe he makes the PP pop?

But my guess is that they lineup does not change after a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightmare

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I would replace Smith with Gusev and drop Smith to the 3rd line replacing Nosek. Marchy and Karlsson are better shooters and would benefit with a better playmaker and scorer on their line. And I'm a huge Reilly Smith fan too. I just think that their line needs a shakeup and Gusev would bring back needed scoring from that line. Gusev would improve the Eakin line too, but I think that line doesn't need a huge boost in scoring that the Karlsson line desperately needs.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Will and Reilly are great together and better than Jon presently, the issue with this line is him (he had several occasions to score last game and missed them all, this plus a very bad TO, thanks MAF for the beautiful puck check) but first i would try Gusev on 3rd.
We could see in game 3 that not having Nosek in the pk could be an issue, he missed 1 pk and Vegas took a goal, i don't think it's a coincidence, so Carrier or Reaves out (my interrogation is the same that the other day, Carrier is better but Reaves is the big man who can fight).
In this physical serie the decision is complicated to take. Stay the same as today, maybe win, maybe not.

I would not like to be Gallant, because Gusev didn't come so fast to stay on the bench, if we could avoid the Shipachev's situation it would be nice.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Will and Reilly are great together and better than Jon presently, the issue with this line is him (he had several occasions to score last game and missed them all, this plus a very bad TO, thanks MAF for the beautiful puck check) but first i would try Gusev on 3rd.
We could see in game 3 that not having Nosek in the pk could be an issue, he missed 1 pk and Vegas took a goal, i don't think it's a coincidence, so Carrier or Reaves out (my interrogation is the same that the other day, Carrier is better but Reaves is the big man who can fight).
In this physical serie the decision is complicated to take. Stay the same as today, maybe win, maybe not.

I would not like to be Gallant, because Gusev didn't come so fast to stay on the bench, if we could avoid the Shipachev's situation it would be nice.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like he wants to be here for a playoff run, not just earn a big contract. I don't really buy that he stands to make more money burning off his ELC. He left bonus money from SKA on the table to leave early. I read a while back he was in town last summer checking out houses.

I think he watched the team last year and he wants to be a Golden Knight. Specifically.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
This is most likely a huge steal for you guys. I am pretty excited about Gusev, he's a gamer.

Curious where you put him, 3rd or 4th line, i know things are going pretty good for you now so there's no need to change anything really but he can spark a line. Smaller ice and new system but still.

Great story in the making.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

My beef with Marchessault is that he seems to play like he's alone. Almost always takes the shot, rarely passes to an open linemate. He has something like 100 shots on goal more than the next highest Knight in the regular season, IIRC. Also the reason I'd like to see him be the trade to make cap next year.

Reactions: Emrasie

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This is most likely a huge steal for you guys. I am pretty excited about Gusev, he's a gamer.

Curious where you put him, 3rd or 4th line, i know things are going pretty good for you now so there's no need to change anything really but he can spark a line. Smaller ice and new system but still.

Great story in the making.
3rd line in place of Nosek. No way he's playing on the meat grinder line.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
My beef with Marchessault is that he seems to play like he's alone. Almost always takes the shot, rarely passes to an open linemate. He has something like 100 shots on goal more than the next highest Knight in the regular season, IIRC. Also the reason I'd like to see him be the trade to make cap next year.
He goes through phases. Always shoot, even if passing is the better option, and Always pass and turnover the puck so revert to the first one.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He goes through phases. Always shoot, even if passing is the better option, and Always pass and turnover the puck so revert to the first one.

Crazy talk I know, but "shoot when you're the best option and pass (without turning it over) when you're not" would be an amazing compromise....

Reactions: hangman005

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't really want them to use him. As exciting as it seems to say he's the best player not in the NHL, keep in mind he's not in the NHL. He will have to prove his skills translate against much better opponents especially guys who are paid to play defense. Remember he's a first liner in a league with mostly mediocre opposition since SKA usually has most of the best players. So he's facing inferior first liners who are paid to try to score. He hits the NHL against third liners, those guys mostly are paid to be two way players and stay within a good structured system. They will be much tougher to score on than KHL first liners or non NHL Olympians. Nothing about his physical skills says he will be elite in the NHL, hes going to have to regularly produce with his play making skills. Lets see him do that in preseason and early regular season first.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't really want them to use him. As exciting as it seems to say he's the best player not in the NHL, keep in mind he's not in the NHL. He will have to prove his skills translate against much better opponents especially guys who are paid to play defense. Remember he's a first liner in a league with mostly mediocre opposition since SKA usually has most of the best players. So he's facing inferior first liners who are paid to try to score. He hits the NHL against third liners, those guys mostly are paid to be two way players and stay within a good structured system. They will be much tougher to score on than KHL first liners or non NHL Olympians. Nothing about his physical skills says he will be elite in the NHL, hes going to have to regularly produce with his play making skills. Lets see him do that in preseason and early regular season first.

Gusev is better, than Makar and Texier, who've already scored goals in the playoffs...

Reactions: Pirate Deadpool

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Gusev is better, than Makar and Texier, who've already scored goals in the playoffs...

First of all, what does scoring in a small sample size mean? Is Crosby not as good as those guys since he didn't score? Is Texier a better player than Stamkos since he outscored him? And what makes you so sure Gusev is a better player than Makar? One guy got drafted 4th, the other got drafted 4th round.

Anyways that's the whole point, we have worked ourselves into a frenzy over a guy who hasn't proven anything in the NHL. Pirri was killing it in the AHL last year and the AHL is nearly as good as the KHL, so is Pirri as good as Gusev?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Right now the Knights are 1 line + defense + goalie team. It works (so far) vs Sharks, but will it work vs the next opponents? They need to get other lines going as well.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Right now the Knights are 1 line + defense + goalie team. It works (so far) vs Sharks, but will it work vs the next opponents? They need to get other lines going as well.

You think they aren't trying? Did the other lines forget how to play hockey? Stuff evens out, the key is to still be playing so the other guys have a shot to get going. Can only make progress on winning a Cup one game at a time, makes no sense to worry about how you are going to beat the next opponent when you haven't finished off the team in front of you.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

I’m with you on playing Gusev but I don’t know how you can say he is better than Makar. I guarantee you that McPhee would trade him for Makar in a NY minute.

Makar is only 20 years old. He is going to be a dominant, elite D-man, top 3 n the league in a few years I would imagine.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If you’re not going to play Gusev, send him to Columbus

Thx

tenor.gif

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad