Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev 1 Year ELC

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
This is all very interesting but is he actually in play (potentially), or does the bull**** about the contract and Mother Russia and what not make this moot?

International tournaments are much bigger things for Russians than for NA.
Vladimir Putin is from St Petersburg. CKA St Petersburg is his favorite team, and he has a relationship with the front office. It was rumored that he pulled strings to get the team loaded up with talent a couple years ago. Emphasis that it was rumored, but that he has a relationship with the team isn't debated.

All one can do is make inferences from all this....but the inferences seem pretty strong to me.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Who would be a better addition right now, Gusev or Glass? I'm not sure Gusev is ready to play with new teammates in playoff hockey without a preseason to adjust. Glass feels like a great plug in for playoff hockey, his two way game translates so well. Really sad he had to stay in Portland thanks to the stupid rules he should have been in the AHL and NHL this year

Reactions: derriko

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
giphy.gif

I know we don’t have to pay him a lot quite yet but does this early signing all but seal Mr. Wild Bills walking papers? :(

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Vladimir Putin is from St Petersburg. CKA St Petersburg is his favorite team, and he has a relationship with the front office. It was rumored that he pulled strings to get the team loaded up with talent a couple years ago.

lmao

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So apparently, CKA has released Gusev, and Vegas has agreed that if they dont make it to the next round, Gusev can join his national team. Source: Russian news via my wife.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Good move here as Vegas had to do this. It would have been nice to see how he adjusts to the NHL for a year but Vegas has to roll the dice here and lock him up. I doubt they keep him as an UFA; he would probably go to a place like FLA that has tons of Russians.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So are we getting him for nothing this playoffs and low 1 million next year then he's gone? Or we would need 6 million or something.
As far as payments, I'm guessing he'll get some bonuses if he plays. I'm guessing next season is low money since it's an RFA deal, but if they're just setting themselves up for a tough negotiation trying to be cheap, I dunno.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
As far as payments, I'm guessing he'll get some bonuses if he plays. I'm guessing next season is low money since it's an RFA deal, but if they're just setting themselves up for a tough negotiation trying to be cheap, I dunno.

We would have to offload Holden, Miller on the blue line and Eakin up front and Clarkson LTIR to give him 2 something next season and hope a rising cap helps us sign him after that. We would also need to sign Karlsson for low 6 million.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
How much time it may take to get him a visa and contract? When is he expected to play? Game #3?

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How much time it may take to get him a visa and contract? When is he expected to play? Game #3?
Contract should take like 1 second since he's getting an ELC max. Visa seems he already has one as he's joining Vegas this weekend. When he's expected to play we don't know, we'll see what Turk(who barely knows anything about Gusev) says after he has had a practice with the team, up to him when/if Gusev plays or not.

Reactions: derriko and Hint1k

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Let's look at last night's lineup. Who do you take out if you play Gusev. My vote would be either Carrier or Reaves and move Nosek to the 4th. I don't think we can afford not to play Nosek since we seem to like to give these guys so many power plays. They almost spent an entire period on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad