Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev 1 Year ELC

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I would be hesitant to question a player's effort. especially one who is fully aware that his spot on any line is not guaranteed.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'd put him in for game 6 and take Carrier out (although Carrier has done nothing to deserve being taken out)
Gusev on the 3rd line
I'd take out Nosek, or even Tuch, before I touch the 4th line. I mean neither has done anything to warrant being taken out, and despite his PK accuman I value Carriers physicality more, along with Reaves they get under the sharks skin and we are successful where the bash brothers are going.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
If you don't include the Stone line, this team has pretty much sucked this post season so far. We have only 3 guys on the team not on that line to score a full-strength goal. We are also playing a team that scored a lot more goals than we did during the season. There is no doubt San Jose has more firepower than we do.

So it seems to me that it might be smart to start Gusev if he is ready. Perhaps he could provide a spark for us similar to what Stone did when he was added? Eakin and Tuch are 2 or the 3 not on the Stone line to score an even-strength goal. Why not put perhaps the best set-up man on the team on their line and maybe they can score some more and take some pressure off the Stone line? Gusev may be more effective on the PP than Nosek on the PK anyway.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
If you don't include the Stone line, this team has pretty much sucked this post season so far. We have only 3 guys on the team not on that line to score a full-strength goal. We are also playing a team that scored a lot more goals than we did during the season. There is no doubt San Jose has more firepower than we do..

Another thing that bothers me is there has been a lot of talk about how the Sharks defense and goaltending has been trash. So how will the other lines do if we make it past this round and face teams that are tougher to score on?

We may not even win this series if the other lines don’t get it going.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Another thing that bothers me is there has been a lot of talk about how the Sharks defense and goaltending has been trash. So how will the other lines do if we make it past this round and face teams that are tougher to score on?

We may not even win this series if the other lines don’t get it going.

The Avs have the same problem

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I assume the agent would use their own translator in negotiations, but I think the team generally provides the translator for the players.

Probably, I wonder because Milstein himself was Datsyuk's interpreter and built his agent career from that position.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Hi, my dear SC Final friends. I come in peace.

Surprised your team does not need Gusev in the top6. In Washington we have a good history with Russian elite forwards, and his KHL stats seem to be promising.
How much do you want for his rights? Picks? Caps prospects?

PlayerGames played with SKAGAPP/GP
Nikita Gusev (LW) 206761742501.214
Ilya Kovalchuk (LW) 2981381893271.097
Vadim Shipachyov (C) 227761712471.088
Yevgeni Dadonov (RW) 16572861580.958
Artemi Panarin (LW) 10846571030.954
Alexei Yashin (C) 1083364970.898
Vladimir Tarasenko (RW) 461922410.891
Pavel Datsyuk (C) 13532791110.822
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So if he doesn't play in the 7th game, and Vegas Loses, his ELC will start the next season, and he's UFA in 2020? Not the worst thing for Nikita. I think, if the team's GM isn't happy about such a scenario, he'll force Gallant to play Gusev, though.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hi, my dear SC Final friends. I come in peace.

Surprised your team does not need Gusev in the top6. In Washington we have a good history with Russian elite forwards, and his KHL stats seem to be promising.
How much do you want for his rights? Picks? Caps prospects?

PlayerGames played with SKAGAPP/GP
Nikita Gusev (LW) 206761742501.214
Ilya Kovalchuk (LW) 2981381893271.097
Vadim Shipachyov (C) 227761712471.088
Yevgeni Dadonov (RW) 16572861580.958
Artemi Panarin (LW) 10846571030.954
Alexei Yashin (C) 1083364970.898
Vladimir Tarasenko (RW) 461922410.891
Pavel Datsyuk (C) 13532791110.822
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

As much as I'd like to see him in the playoffs for his offense, the coach isn't going to insert him in the middle of a series where one mistake as it happened tonight can cost you the game. If vegas can win game 7 then maybe you'll see him get the start in game 1 vs the avs and go from there if he looks like he isn't making any mistakes.

Vegas has a real cap problem for next season so it is very likely that he will be on the roster and 2 to 3 starters will likely be traded to create cap space. But if the caps can send over a legit top 4 DMan prospect, I'm sure that will be the starting point of any trade. I could see a Gusev-Glass-Tuch line being pretty good and I'm sure GMGM knows what he's got so he isn't going to give him away.

Last edited:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Why didn't Gusev play tonight?

Pirri was terrible out there for you guys and it should have been easy decision to play Gusev over him

Tough for a coach to put in a guy who has never played with that team or the nhl in a game 7 situation. Pirri had some sketchy moments, but he also backchecked and broke up a few potential breakaways and had some decent shots as well. Overall I thought he did fine especially since he hasn't played in weeks. I thought he did better than Tuch and everyone on the 4th line.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Pirri was pretty good considering the circumstances. I'd have a hard time seeing Gusev in his first taste of NA hockey doing any better. He'll get his shot next year with Haula and Tuch.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So if he doesn't play in the 7th game, and Vegas Loses, his ELC will start the next season, and he's UFA in 2020? Not the worst thing for Nikita. I think, if the team's GM isn't happy about such a scenario, he'll force Gallant to play Gusev, though.

No, because of his age the ELC is expiring regardless so he's RFA this summer and UFA then next summer or whenever his next contract expires. Vegas will have to pay him fairly well or risk offer sheets.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No, because of his age the ELC is expiring regardless so he's RFA this summer and UFA then next summer or whenever his next contract expires. Vegas will have to pay him fairly well or risk offer sheets.

I say explore the trade market and/or let someone offer sheet him and take the draft picks. The guy was a throw in to a deal that could yield some real good futures without being a cap problem now. His trade value probably will never be greater than it is right now. Keep him around a year on an RFA and you lose that theoretical excess value. Plus if he does decently well you risk the wrath of the fan base complaining about not keeping him even though his cost goes way up.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
And he does have arb rights too. (So weird without having played one NHL game.)

Guessing he'll be getting a seven digit salary for upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad