Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev 1 Year ELC

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Let's look at last night's lineup. Who do you take out if you play Gusev. My vote would be either Carrier or Reaves and move Nosek to the 4th. I don't think we can afford not to play Nosek since we seem to like to give these guys so many power plays. They almost spent an entire period on the PP.
I wouldn't touch the 4th line, I'd put him with Eakin and Tuch and sit Nosek.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Nosek is too important for the PK, so Gusev on the 3rd line and Reaves or Carrier out?
Carrier is a better player overall but Reaves is the intimidating presence. I would prefer Carrier in.

Another unlikely possibility, Jon is bad to me, so could he be replaced by Gusev?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Nosek is too important for the PK, so Gusev on the 3rd line and Reaves or Carrier out?
Carrier is a better player overall but Reaves is the intimidating presence. I would prefer Carrier in.

Another unlikely possibility, Jon is bad to me, so could he be replaced by Gusev?

If you mean Marchy they is zero chance they will sit him for Gusev. But come next year, could Gusev take his spot on that line? I don't see why not if the Goose is as good as advertised.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016

I think our PK can get by with Bill, Smith, Bellemare, Stastny, Stone and Eakin. I don't think we require Nosek on the PK all that much.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From VGK announcement. GMGM has press conference at 5pm (two hours before tonight's puck drop). Guessing Gusev will be in attendance and introduced.

Gusev will be practicing with team tomorrow (so not in tonight). Will wear #17.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Based on Turk's comments...we can live without Nosek on the PK.

I really hope we don't sit the best player not in the NHL past tonight for Tomas f***ing Nosek.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.

Think Turk in a tough spot. Says he's happy with the lineup he's got now, but I imagine GMGM didn't hurry to bring Goose over to be a healthy scratch.

What has Turk said? "George gets the players, and I coach them."

Will be interesting.

Reactions: derriko

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gallant's gonna sit Gusev for the whole playoffs and Shipachev will be saying "I told ya so, idiot."
Well we get a free year of ELC contract pricing if that happens.

I would expect if Vegas drops a game they'll probably try Gusev eventually. But hand to god we may not know exactly what Gusev will be but I'd bet quite a lot of money that he's at least a better offensive option than Tomas Nosek.

Reactions: derriko

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Well we get a free year of ELC contract pricing if that happens.

I would expect if Vegas drops a game they'll probably try Gusev eventually. But hand to god we may not know exactly what Gusev will be but I'd bet quite a lot of money that he's at least a better offensive option than Tomas Nosek.

No we don't. Because of his age he's going to be an RFA this summer whether he plays or not.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’d like to see him skate with the team prior to freaking out over Gallant sitting him for the remainder of his contract. See if he can adjust to the ice and the game and if he’s good (and he is) then he’s good.

When you’re got actual loyalty to your players and team like Gallant feigning loyalty in situations like this comes off as weird. I wouldn’t read too much into anything unless you start seeing Tuch as the extra on the third in practice with Nosek, Eakin, and Gusev.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
giphy.gif

GOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I doubt there was a way he could have both earned full KHL bonuses and burned the ELC year in the NHL. It was a sacrifice he had to make in order to become an RFA this summer.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I think he's playoff insurance, in case 1 of the big guns goes down to injury. This is a physically brutal series, and there's always injuries in the playoffs. Hopefully he's not needed for a while. If they can get to 3-1 vs sanjose, they might slot him in for a game to get his feet wet. I don't want a potential defensive liability in there, in a big game if I can avoid it. Needs some practices first to get used to the system, and the guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad