Nico Hischier

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I know there's a lot of back and forth, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. In the end, the kid is 19, just had a pretty solid rookie season, and the jury is completely still out on if he can improve from it or if it was a flash in the pan. It's much easier to say he'll top out as a 60 point player than an 80. There's not a lot of evidence from his rookie season that he'll gain 30 points on average to be considered with the top centers in the league.

However I'm sure everyone in the thread agrees that it's likely he has the potential to improve upon his season and become a better player, especially as he matures and his frame fills out some. We can all go get upset in two years if he continues to put up great numbers and people continue to naysay him, but talking down about a rookie who had one season in the books so far isn't super unheard of. I'm sure many people will also say the jury is still out on if someone like Barzal is going to be super legit or if it's just a one year wonder.

Think we need to pump the brakes a bit on this thread in general.
there is zero reason to think Hischier's rookie season was a flash in the pan

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Wow a lot of very harsh critics on here. He's shown so much potential at such a young age, if he keeps improving i don't see why he won't be a top 5-10 C when he enters his prime. I look forward to seeing how he develops, it just sucks it has to be with the devils!

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Wow a lot of very harsh critics on here. He's shown so much potential at such a young age, if he keeps improving i don't see why he won't be a top 5-10 C when he enters his prime. I look forward to seeing how he develops, it just sucks it has to be with the devils!

Mcdavid, Barkov, Matthews, Barzal, Eichel, Couterier, Mack, Point, Scheiffle will be around and in the primes.
Tavares, Sid, Geno and Bergeron will likely age gracefully and still be around.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
You get harsh critics from this thread? I think people are questioning moreso he will be a 80 pt Selke player that was floated earlier in this thread (which is better production than Kopitar most years FYI). Lot of posts have him pegged around a 65ish pt Selke player which is not harsh at all.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
feel like you have to look a bit deeper because of circumstance. When you predicted 51 points did you think he wouldnt be getting powerplay time? did you expect him to be playing against top competition every night? i feel that generally speaking hischier exceeded the expectations of most. I think this rookie class being saturated withtalent is why he doesn't get much credit
I didn't think that he would receive any PP or PK time.

FWIW, I thought that Nolan Patrick would have a better season than Hischier, and that just didn't happen.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Find me where I said this? I mean I get it man, being a red wings fan would suck. If Hischier isn’t that good, what exactly do you think your teams futute is like? Cause there isn’t one player on your team or in your system close to his level.

Guessing you thought the wings had a pretty good chance at grabbing him, and now you’re upset? Saying a 19 year old has like peaked in his development is ignorant and should not be taken seriously. You’re either stupid or jealous.
LOL.

Rasmussen and Zadina aren't at Hischier's level? If you want to be a total blind rat, sure. Hischier has played in the NHL, and they haven't, but your statement is absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously you have no interest in having a level-headed discussion, because there is no chance that Detroit was ever going to select Hischier at #9. Maybe put some thought into your posts.

Anyone with a 1st-grade reading level can understand that I didn't say Hischier has "peaked" at 19 years old. How ignorant of you.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
LOL.

Rasmussen and Zadina aren't at Hischier's level? If you want to be a total blind rat, sure. Hischier has played in the NHL, and they haven't, but your statement is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m sorry I was trying to be nice but this is gold. Especially Rasmussen :laugh:

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
LOL.

Obviously you have no interest in having a level-headed discussion, because there is no chance that Detroit was ever going to select Hischier at #9. Maybe put some thought into your posts.

Anyone with a 1st-grade reading level can understand that I didn't say Hischier has "peaked" at 19 years old. How ignorant of you.
Can you make everyone’s Monday a little better and give us an explanation on the whole Rasmussen thing? I’ll wait

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Can you make everyone’s Monday a little better and give us an explanation on the whole Rasmussen thing? I’ll wait
I think you've said enough. You obviously don't watch players and prospects play outside of NJ property. It's okay.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I think you've said enough. You obviously don't watch players and prospects play outside of NJ property. It's okay.

Hmm, you've insinuated that Rasmussen is on par as a prospect with Hischier and I see you're in another thread claiming Veleno has 100 point potential. Maybe you're a tinyyyyy bit of a homer yourself

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Hmm, you've insinuated that Rasmussen is on par as a prospect with Hischier and I see you're in another thread claiming Veleno has 100 point potential. Maybe you're a tinyyyyy bit of a homer yourself
Lol what? You must be reading the wrong posts or making some severely incorrect inferences.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
LOL.

Rasmussen, he's not at Hischier level, or else he would be in the league with a 50+ points at the age of 18

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Lol what? You must be reading the wrong posts or making some severely incorrect inferences.

Really?:

LOL.

And in the Veleno thread you explicitly stated that he has Backstrom level 30g/100 point ceiling.

So again, you might want to take the homer glasses off yourself too.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Really?:

And in the Veleno thread you explicitly stated that he has Backstrom level 30g/100 point ceiling.

So again, you might want to take the homer glasses off yourself too.
Exactly as I expected. Completely incorrect inference based off of taking something out of context. Try again.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Rasmussen, he's not at Hischier level, or else he would be in the league with a 50+ points at the age of 18
Right now, you're right, because one player is an NHLer and the other is a prospect. In the grand scheme, however, I think they'll both be relatively equal impact players for their respective teams.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Exactly as I expected. Completely incorrect inference based off of taking something out of context. Try again.

How is it out of context? This is literally copy and pasted from your comment about Veleno:

"His ceiling is probably Nicklas Backstrom, sans 30 goals/100 points." There is no ambuigity to that comment, no context needed. You're saying that if all goes right, Veleno has that potential.

And you have yet to address how Rasmussen is even in the same league as Hischier, but I see how you work.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Right now, you're right, because one player is an NHLer and the other is a prospect. In the grand scheme, however, I think they'll both be relatively equal impact players for their respective teams.
you just got ended lol. Just an ultra homer whose jealous his team didn’t luck out in the draft lottery like NJ. Zadina is good, Nico is better. Even implying Rasmussen is on that level is a joke. Just go man

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
How is it out of context? This is literally copy and pasted from your comment about Veleno:

"His ceiling is probably Nicklas Backstrom, sans 30 goals/100 points." There is no ambuigity to that comment, no context needed. You're saying that if all goes right, Veleno has that potential.

And you have yet to address how Rasmussen is even in the same league as Hischier, but I see how you work.
Do you understand the definition of "sans"..?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

do you know what "sans" means? I followed the thread, that segment of the post was talking about his play style and Velenos smarts/IQ. Way to take an excerpt of it out of context.

Reactions: TwoPiece

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
you just got ended lol. Just an ultra homer whose jealous his team didn’t luck out in the draft lottery like NJ. Zadina is good, Nico is better. Even implying Rasmussen is on that level is a joke. Just go man
No need to restate that you don't watch players or prospects outside of NJ. That's already well-established.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
do you know what "sans" means? I followed the thread, that segment of the post was talking about his play style and Velenos smarts/IQ. Way to take an excerpt of it out of context.

I do...and it's a contradictory sentence in itself. You cannot state a player's ceiling is Nicklas Backstrom but then say without 100 points. That's not their ceiling then.

Read his entire post and you tell me. Page 1 on Veleno part 2.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

Do you have an idea what the word "Sans" means?

Reactions: TwoPiece

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad