Nico Hischier

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hischier is better right now. Say it "isn't close" right now, but the conversation is regarding long-term impact and value. That won't be definitive for multiple years. I think in a few years time, it will easily be "close". I'm not being ignorant, or a homer. I watched both players play before they were drafted, and hated that DET selected Rasmussen. A lot of things have changed in a year. Most people haven't watched the prospect play, and are just stat-watchers. Those are the ignorant ones.
By a lot of things, you mean he was drafted by your favourite team

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Your post made me look at his deployment numbers and I was a bit surprised at how typical they were. 60% o zone starts. Middle of the road QoC. Little PK time.

There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s pretty standard rookie forward deployment. But considering the praise on his defensive game, I was expecting that he was leaned on a bit more defensively.
While he could have been, our team is flush with defensive talent up front. I do think however Hischier's defensive abilities are being overblown a bit

Reactions: tucker3434

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Your post made me look at his deployment numbers and I was a bit surprised at how typical they were. 60% o zone starts. Middle of the road QoC. Little PK time.

There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s pretty standard rookie forward deployment. But considering the praise on his defensive game, I was expecting that he was leaned on a bit more defensively.
There's really no need to lean on Hischier for defense when Travis Zajac is on your team.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Krejci hit 70 points once in his career. Nico will be a much more consistent player than Krejci.

Not really a good comparison at all.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Really dont understand the argument in the thread at all. Nico has met right around where expectations were set and people are getting criticized for saying pretty much what the majority have expected from his career.....you can start well and not have a much higher ceiling by comparison. Some players just have more talent that they can utilize.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Really dont understand the argument in the thread at all. Nico has met right around where expectations were set and people are getting criticized for saying pretty much what the majority have expected from his career.....you can start well and not have a much higher ceiling by comparison. Some players just have more talent that they can utilize.
Except for the fact that the expectations most people here set for him before the season was 25-30 points if he even made the NHL.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hischier has 19 in 23 with more TOI while Hall has been out

A plus player with 31 of 40 EV points on a Devils team that is bottom of the barrel in the standings and has an over -30 goal differential

Hopefully this dispels the idea that Hischier was dependant on Hall. Hall even said Hischier was a major reason he won the MVP. Hischier is also pretty clutch, with three OT GWG

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Hischier has 19 in 23 with more TOI while Hall has been out

A plus player with 31 of 40 EV points on a Devils team that is bottom of the barrel in the standings and has an over -30 goal differential

Hopefully this dispels the idea that Hischier was dependant on Hall. Hall even said Hischier was a major reason he won the MVP. Hischier is also pretty clutch, with three OT GWG
Shout out to the guy who said Rasmussen was better

Reactions: MC2D and vtdevils2k

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hischier and Bratt have taken their games to a different stratosphere recently. Johansson has to stay at this point unless a team overpays. If NJ can get Hughes you have the following:

Mojo-Hischier-Bratt
Hall-Hughes-Palmieri

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Hischiers been our best player without Hall. The devils are trash and teams have been targeting the top line. Nico is going to be a consistent PPG player once the Devils utilize him properly on the power play.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Hischier and Bratt have taken their games to a different stratosphere recently. Johansson has to stay at this point unless a team overpays. If NJ can get Hughes you have the following:

Mojo-Hischier-Bratt
Hall-Hughes-Palmieri

I would rather just see Zacha moved to LW. He's coming around lately and earlier in his career he always produced more at wing. Now that he's using his body more, I think he would be perfect with Hischier and Bratt.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
6 points away from 100 in his career already.

His defensive and puck possession game has greatly improved. He rarely takes penalties and draws a ton. His overall game is so solid. It’s obvious he can drive a top line on his own. Amazingly Johansson is playing his best hockey on nico’s line. If palms wasn’t playing like trash they’d be a force

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad