Nico Hischier

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Primarily contractual obligations, secondarily playing position. They didn't want to stick him on the 4th line.
Well if he couldn't crack the top 3 lines, that says something.

Your argument is backed by nothing. You have one guy who posted 50+ points in the NHL, and the other one was in the minors.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Well if he couldn't crack the top 3 lines, that says something.

Your argument is backed by nothing. You have one guy who posted 50+ points in the NHL, and the other one was in the minors.
Not really, considering that I just told you why this wasn't a favorable scenario. Just because the Devils didn't have any centers doesn't make Rasmussen any worse of a commodity.

Your argument is also backed by nothing, because only 1 full season has been played since both players were drafted. My prediction, not "argument", is based on player profiles. If you haven't seen Rasmussen play, and just make a blank judgement on players by draft position and stat-watching, then you're not capable of making an informed decision. I'm making an informed opinion that I suspect both players will provide equal/similar value to both teams throughout their careers. If you want to be a homer, or ignorant, about it then that's your prerogative.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Not really, considering that I just told you why this wasn't a favorable scenario. Just because the Devils didn't have any centers doesn't make Rasmussen any worse of a commodity.

Your argument is also backed by nothing, because only 1 full season has been played since both players were drafted. My prediction, not "argument", is based on player profiles. If you haven't seen Rasmussen play, and just make a blank judgement on players by draft position and stat-watching, then you're not capable of making an informed decision. I'm making an informed opinion that I suspect both players will provide equal/similar value to both teams throughout their careers. If you want to be a homer, or ignorant, about it then that's your prerogative.

That's a lot of bs, I'll save you the time.

Have a great day

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I'm not going to scout a prospect for you. Do your own work. If you haven't seen Rasmussen play, then you literally have no comparison between the players other than watching highlight reels on YouTube. The only definitive response will be, "one plays in the NHL and the other hasn't (yet)", which is just a cop-out for being unable to evaluate one of the player's potential impacts. Stop attempting to "bail" yourself out with personal attacks just because you lack any knowledge.
Well clearly you’ve already scouted him since he’s on hischiers level. Explain why or shut up dude. Hischier definitely banged your girl or something when the devils were in Detroit lol.

Note: I have seen him play. He is nowhere near as dynamic as Nico. Multiple levels behind him.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
That's a lot of bs, I'll save you the time.

Have a great day
Hey @TwoPiece since you’re such a great scout, how come your opinions differ so Much from the actual professionals that get paid to scout? I mean cause how many people had Rasmussen over Nico in their draft rankings? Oh wait nobody? How could that have changed after last year?

Or... and Hear me out... IS IT POSSIBLE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT? OR JUST A MAJOR HOMER?

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

The devils have solid centers in Zajac and Boyle and also hischier was good enough for them to trade Henrique

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Lecavalier, Thornton, and Stamkos all had very underwhelming rookie seasons so it’s not very impressive out scoring them. All of the other recent 1st overall forwards had a higher ppg in their rookie seasons (even Yakapov). Hischier didn’t get much pp time but he also played almost entirely with the Hart trophy winner so that more than offsets his lack of pp production. He’s a good player but more of a Duchene than what you normally would expect to get out of a 1st overall pick.
Stammer could have had a great rookie season if not for his coach trying to make it a point to prove he wasn't NHL ready.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I have him around 65-75 points as well, with some PPG seasons sprinkled in. He'll get Selke consideration during the higher scoring years.

I would love to see him bulk up and get quicker which should happen as he gets older. Last season, much of his goals came from around the crease whether it be from rebounds or deflections. That's pretty impressive for an undersized rookie. He also scored a chunk of goals in transition.

I don't ever see him being a dynamic player such as the likes of Hall, Barzal, MacKinnon, etc.. but I could see him being a Crosby-lite/Parise type of player.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Hischier is much better and it’s not even close, I can’t believe you’re calling others homers cause they don’t share your ignorant opinion

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Only one player wins the selke a year and it becomes a reputation reward, I don’t see hiescher becoming that player
I don't know how one judges a players defensive game down the road like that or say for certainty he can't win it when defense might have been his most impressive part of his game his rookie year. If a 18-year-old kid is that aware about the defense end of the ice, then sky is the limit.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

Lmao

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Well clearly you’ve already scouted him since he’s on hischiers level. Explain why or shut up dude. Hischier definitely banged your girl or something when the devils were in Detroit lol.

Note: I have seen him play. He is nowhere near as dynamic as Nico. Multiple levels behind him.
You literally said, "You're right, I haven't watched Rasmussen play..." Now you're pulling a 180, eh? I'll move on to a conversation with someone else who has a brain and sticks to their convictions.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
The devils have solid centers in Zajac and Boyle and also hischier was good enough for them to trade Henrique
They're not the worst centers in the world, but they're not as good as Larkin, Zetterberg, and Nielsen. It's why Hischier made his team and Rasmussen didn't. There's no argument to be made for who is better right now. It's Hischier. To pretend that Rasmussen had the same roster competition as Hischier and to use that as some sleight against Rasmussen, though, doesn't hold any water. It doesn't make sense.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Hischier is much better and it’s not even close, I can’t believe you’re calling others homers cause they don’t share your ignorant opinion
Hischier is better right now. Say it "isn't close" right now, but the conversation is regarding long-term impact and value. That won't be definitive for multiple years. I think in a few years time, it will easily be "close". I'm not being ignorant, or a homer. I watched both players play before they were drafted, and hated that DET selected Rasmussen. A lot of things have changed in a year. Most people haven't watched the prospect play, and are just stat-watchers. Those are the ignorant ones.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
You haven't watch him play. Dude has very good understanding on how to play defense. Very surprising for a 19 year old.
His CA/60 was very high. He didn't put up defensive numbers you think match what you saw. His instincts are very good, but he got outmuscled a lot.

And yes, I watched every game he played

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
His CA/60 was very high. He didn't put up defensive numbers you think match what you saw. His instincts are very good, but he got outmuscled a lot.

His numbers do match up with what he saw (not that the Devils even care about corsi, they have been focusing on high danger chances), for an 18-19 year old playing against the top players in the league every night, his numbers and defensive play are damn impressive. He definitely got out muscled a lot early in the season, but that will improve as he bulks up and did during the season.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Your post made me look at his deployment numbers and I was a bit surprised at how typical they were. 60% o zone starts. Middle of the road QoC. Little PK time.

There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s pretty standard rookie forward deployment. But considering the praise on his defensive game, I was expecting that he was leaned on a bit more defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->