Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I would take Dubois but ever since the trade rumours popped up the hype train has left the station for him a little too strongly. I think hes a potential first line center but its not like hes ripping it up to the point where its a sure thing.

Watching him play reminds me a lot of a young Ryan Johansen at time as well. Hes become a great player in his own right but hes no Getzlaf like people were predicting either
Its funny though because i see a major hype train leaving montreal on suzuki right now. Theyre getting way over exhuberant right now.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
PLD but your still not getting Suzuki for him lol

Watch summer trade with KK being the main piece.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This would be the best for Suzuki this year. There’s something Rotten in the State of Ohio this year, and we could very well see PLD with a poor season.

PLD in the long term though. Big centre that can kind of do everything are not a dime a dozen.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
One has just started their 4th NHL season and the other just started their 2nd season, and the OP is asking about their careers...Who the F knows!

Both guys should have a lot of hockey in front of them and they are both great. My crystal ball is broken today, so I'm going to refrain from voting and posting in absolutes.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Right, that's why he has 7... 5... 3...a Norris trophy? No? Couldn't even get one?

Give your hear a shake, rafalski was better, Lindstrom was in a different stratosphere and would be the best defender in Canadiens history.
You are the cluelss one. Rafalski was not even in the same leqgue. Markov could do pretty much everything. Rafalski was a pp specalist mostly. And trophies voted on don't mean
shit.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Right, that's why he has 7... 5... 3...a Norris trophy? No? Couldn't even get one?

Give your hear a shake, rafalski was better, Lindstrom was in a different stratosphere and would be the best defender in Canadiens history.
Guess you never watched Markov like the rest of HB did. Markov was better than Rafalsk ...PERIOD.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You are the cluelss one. Rafalski was not even in the same leqgue. Markov could do pretty much everything. Rafalski was a pp specalist mostly. And trophies voted on don't mean
shit.
How bout stanley cups then? Rafalski has 3, Lidstrom has 4.
I see Markov has as many of those as he does Norris trophies.

Guess you never watched Markov like the rest of HB did. Markov was better than Rafalsk ...PERIOD.
Do you agree that hes in the same tier as Lidstrom as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sasso09

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Do you agree that hes in the same tier as Lidstrom as well?

The original take you responded to was correct in calling him Lidstrom-lite. You don't need a Norris to be the lite version of someone, just like Plekanec was always Bergeron-lite without ever having a Selke win

Calling him Rafalski-lite was just ridiculous

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

Maybe you should stick to your own teams history. Don't trash talk on a player and especially an organization and its history. When you don't even know who is our best defenceman of all time. Lidstrom is amongst the greatest in history but you don't need to downplay on legends like Doug Harvey or Larry Robinson. If you had the littlest idea of what Doug Harvey did for the game of hockey and the NHL, maybe you'd be more humble. Just calm down on these stupid attacks.

https://thehockeywriters.com/best-nhl-defensemen-ever/

Wonder who's that defenceman next to Orr at top 2 best defencemen in history.

We're talking about Nick Suzuki vs PLD. Suzuki is special and we will have to let time and starting this upcoming season show how he can dominate this game. PLD vs Suzuki will be one that we'll follow closely. Except if PLD comes to the Habs and play with Suzuki,

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
The original take you responded to was correct in calling him Lidstrom-lite. You don't need a Norris to be the lite version of someone, just like Plekanec was always Bergeron-lite without ever having a Selke win

Calling him Rafalski-lite was just ridiculous
Hes closer to Rafalski than he is anywhere near Lidstrom, then he doubled down to say Lidstrom's 7 norris trophies dont even matter.

Plekanec was always Bergeron lite to habs fans, doesnt make it true, just like habs fans thinking markov is Lidstrom-lite isnt true. Its an insult to Lidstrom who was one of the greatest defenceman of all time.

What would you say if a leafs fan called Morgan Rielly "Ray Bourque-lite!"? It would be ridiculous.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I don't really think this is a debate. This is easily Dubois until Suzuki proves otherwise.

Reactions: Sasso09

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Maybe you should stick to your own teams history. Don't trash talk on a player and especially an organization and its history. When you don't even know who is our best defenceman of all time. Lidstrom is amongst the greatest in history but you don't need to downplay on legends like Doug Harvey or Larry Robinson. If you had the littlest idea of what Doug Harvey did for the game of hockey and the NHL, maybe you'd be more humble. Just calm down on these stupid attacks.

https://thehockeywriters.com/best-nhl-defensemen-ever/

Wonder who's that defenceman next to Orr at top 2 best defencemen in history.

We're talking about Nick Suzuki vs PLD. Suzuki is special and we will have to let time and starting this upcoming season show how he can dominate this game. PLD vs Suzuki will be one that we'll follow closely. Except if PLD comes to the Habs and play with Suzuki,
I can respect Harvey and Robinson, i dont hold the same esteem as that one particular article and he does in fact also have 7 norris trophies to his name. Different era means there would always be a conversation about it for sure.

Now what if i said those trophies dont mean shit because he got voted for them and that means it doesnt count, therefore he cant be the second best ever?
Thats what that Hab fan said about lidstroms 7 norris trophies. Its a terrible comparison, markov would never be allowed to hold Lidstroms jock strap let alone should he be in the same sentence with him. They dont even play anywhere remotely the same game.

As for PLD becoming a Hab, hard time picturing that without Suzuki + or KK + going the other way. Even then, i would think they would try and acquire more proven players since they want to contend now.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Suzuki is on the cusp of stardom it appears. I'll bet on him being more valuable longterm than Dubois who I like a lot. When you consider contract and cap situation it's clear why Montreal simply cannot trade Suzuki for Dubois under any circumstances as well.

If they make a deal it's gonna be KK+.

Reactions: Jabba11

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I can respect Harvey and Robinson, i dont hold the same esteem as that one particular article and he does in fact also have 7 norris trophies to his name. Different era means there would always be a conversation about it for sure.

Now what if i said those trophies dont mean shit because he got voted for them and that means it doesnt count, therefore he cant be the second best ever?
Thats what that Hab fan said about lidstroms 7 norris trophies. Its a terrible comparison, markov would never be allowed to hold Lidstroms jock strap let alone should he be in the same sentence with him. They dont even play anywhere remotely the same game.

As for PLD becoming a Hab, hard time picturing that without Suzuki + or KK + going the other way. Even then, i would think they would try and acquire more proven players since they want to contend now.

I understand your opinion. But I'll make this clear and simple.

I do not agree with comparing Markov to Lidstrom. Absolutely. I can't speak for other Habs fans, but I wouldn't even put Markov in the same sentence as probably one of the best players of all time.

However, would Lidstrom be the best defenceman in Canadiens history? I wouldn't think so. Doug Harvey paved the way for players like Orr. First defenceman to play a PMD game, a skilled defenceman type of game. As for Larry Robinson, what he did against the Flyers dynasty was probably unseen before. For one defenceman, to change the way the NHL thought would be a winning formula, he put an end to the Broad Street Bullies. Again, it is very hard to compare players from different era.

As for PLD vs Suzuki, we can agree that the best is yet to come for these two young promising players. For Montreal Canadiens fans, as a Quebecois, to say that I wouldn't trade Suzuki for PLD, who for me is the second coming of Vincent Lecavalier, says a lot about how we feel about Nick. To put it in terms of style of play, Nick Suzuki's style reminds me a lot of another Red Wings great, Pavel Datysuk. His take away game, his dangles, his vision and IQ, it's fun to see it unfold in front of our eyes.

Again, I am not saying Nick Suzuki will ever be as good as Datysuk. I am saying his game gets me nostalgic of Datsyuk's. Nick Suzuki is not the next Datsyuk, I repeat, NICK IS NOT GONNA BE LIKE DATSYUK. Thank you

Reactions: Namikaze Minato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad