Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Hard not to take the 22 year old proven commodity when comparing two players similar in value.
No it isn't. Canadiens know everything about Suzuki - personality, desire to win etc. They have no way to know if Dubois is a problem in the dressing room or is a team player. When value is similar you stick with the known commodity.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
No it isn't. Canadiens know everything about Suzuki - personality, desire to win etc. They have no way to know if Dubois is a problem in the dressing room or is a team player. When value is similar you stick with the known commodity.
I dont think value is similar

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Ok so since this is the argument I see about PLD > Suzuki, how is PLD more "proven" than Suzuki at this point of their careers?
PLD has ONE season (out of 3) that really surpasses Suzuki's one season in terms of offensive outputs.... and he was centering Panarin on the FIRST line.

Suzuki on the other hand started with 12-13 mins per game last season and earned his 1st line duties (18-19 mins per game). One could argue that PLD is bigger than Suzuki and prefer that physical style, but I don't think anyone can state "AINEC" or either side, both also being heart and soul players. I see a lot of people stating the PLD is a "future superstar"... well what do you see in him that is head and shoulders above Suzuki?

I don't think Columbus traded PLD 1 vs 1 for Suzuki, I don't think Montreal does the same trade. My pick is Suzuki because he elevates the players around him, but PLD is a really strong player too, and if we could snatch him without losing Suzuki, I think we would be set at center for the first time in my lifetime.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Must have missed Dubois scoring 80 pts.
Did you actually read what i responded to? 9r just proceed to type this without a clue? I dont see him becoming a 90 point centre but a kittke improvemebt from his already 60ish piints with his style of play is pretty dominant.

Getzlaf himself was roughly ppg but a guy that keads your team in both pounts and pims because he is so punishing is a different animal. Take PLD and put him on a top team with some offense and how many does he score?

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
One sided poll as it should be.

It will be interesting to redo this poll at the end of this season.

Just to put some fuel on the fire, I wouldn't trade Suzuki for Dubois straight up. :naughty:

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yes you said Dubios scoring 80 pts like Getzlaf.
Yes but i was responding to a post saying he diesnt suddenly become an 80 to 90 point centre. Getzlaf was roughly point per game on average. He scored 90 once but that was enough to make him a top 5 centre because he was so physically imposing. PLD is similar. At his peak he maybe scores 70 to 80 (because lets face it, its doubtful he reaches getzlaf heights), that kind of scoring on a big body that plays a nasty game is a valuable commodity. Toss in that he hes a decent 2 way player and you have a very good centre that dies everything.

I dont care if another snallish centre scores 10 more, i want the PLD type as my number 1.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes but i was responding to a post saying he diesnt suddenly become an 80 to 90 point centre. Getzlaf was roughly point per game on average. He scored 90 once but that was enough to make him a top 5 centre because he was so physically imposing. PLD is similar. At his peak he maybe scores 70 to 80 (because lets face it, its doubtful he reaches getzlaf heights), that kind of scoring on a big body that plays a nasty game is a valuable commodity. Toss in that he hes a decent 2 way player and you have a very good centre that dies everything.

I dont care if another snallish centre scores 10 more, i want the PLD type as my number 1.

If PLD projects into Getzlaf, I will gladly say he is one of the top five C in the league. I’m a huge fan of Getzlaf.

Nothing I’ve ever seen in PLD’s game makes me think that will happen.

Getzlaf was basically an 80 pt guy from day 1 once he was placed in the 1C role.

Reactions: MD93

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
If PLD projects into Getzlaf, I will gladly say he is one of the top five C in the league. I’m a huge fan of Getzlaf.

Getzlaf was basically an 80 pt guy from day 1 once he was placed in the 1C role.
Ive already said i dont think he reaches getzlafs heights, but PLD has already scored 60, on a lesser team than getzlaf had. Getzlaf was a rare breed, most players that play that game take some time to develop into it.

If dubois develops a little more, which is expected, you have a 70 point player of the getzlaf type. So yeah, i take that every day of the week and twice on sunday. Even if some other centre scores 10 more points.

And dubois can be nasty in the very same way getzlaf could be. At his peak i think you see a lesser version of getzlaf. And bybkesser i mean like 10 points ish. Thats not THAT much lesser.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec

From what I've seen from Dubois so far (in the NHL and the Q) he clearly doesn't have Getzlaf's hockey sense. Doesn't make him a bad player.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ive already said i dont think he reaches getzlafs heights, but PLD has already scored 60, on a lesser team than getzlaf had. Getzlaf was a rare breed, most players that play that game take some time to develop into it.

If dubois develops a little more, which is expected, you have a 70 point player of the getzlaf type. So yeah, i take that every day of the week and twice on sunday. Even if some other centre scores 10 more points.

And dubois can be nasty in the very same way getzlaf could be. At his peak i think you see a lesser version of getzlaf. And bybkesser i mean like 10 points ish. Thats not THAT much lesser.

Dubois scored 60 points running shot gun with a top five player in the league.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm leaning Suzuki. PLD has the higher floor, but a lower ceiling, imo. Suzuki is tracking very well. He's the most talented Habs forward since Kovalev, imo. Maybe Radulov, but that was short lived.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would take Dubois but ever since the trade rumours popped up the hype train has left the station for him a little too strongly. I think hes a potential first line center but its not like hes ripping it up to the point where its a sure thing.

Watching him play reminds me a lot of a young Ryan Johansen at time as well. Hes become a great player in his own right but hes no Getzlaf like people were predicting either

Reactions: Just Linda

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Did you actually read what i responded to? 9r just proceed to type this without a clue? I dont see him becoming a 90 point centre but a kittke improvemebt from his already 60ish piints with his style of play is pretty dominant.

Getzlaf himself was roughly ppg but a guy that keads your team in both pounts and pims because he is so punishing is a different animal. Take PLD and put him on a top team with some offense and how many does he score?

Yeesh man... spell check. :laugh:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Suzuki IMO. Just put up close to what Dubois did in his rookie year in his own rookie year.

I see Dubois peaking as a Schenn type. I don't really know if I have a grasp on what Suzuki's high end would be.
Suzuki would be blessed to end up a Schenn type while PLD has potential to be a more complete version of prime James Neal. 40-40-80 with good defense.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As Mike Babcock would say, Dubois is 6'3" every time he hits the ice.

No but i actually think these two guys will be in a similar tier throughout their careers.

Reactions: Kojo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad