Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I understand your opinion. But I'll make this clear and simple.

I do not agree with comparing Markov to Lidstrom. Absolutely. I can't speak for other Habs fans, but I wouldn't even put Markov in the same sentence as probably one of the best players of all time.

However, would Lidstrom be the best defenceman in Canadiens history? I wouldn't think so. Doug Harvey paved the way for players like Orr. First defenceman to play a PMD game, a skilled defenceman type of game. As for Larry Robinson, what he did against the Flyers dynasty was probably unseen before. For one defenceman, to change the way the NHL thought would be a winning formula, he put an end to the Broad Street Bullies. Again, it is very hard to compare players from different era.

As for PLD vs Suzuki, we can agree that the best is yet to come for these two young promising players. For Montreal Canadiens fans, as a Quebecois, to say that I wouldn't trade Suzuki for PLD, who for me is the second coming of Vincent Lecavalier, says a lot about how we feel about Nick. To put it in terms of style of play, Nick Suzuki's style reminds me a lot of another Red Wings great, Pavel Datysuk. His take away game, his dangles, his vision and IQ, it's fun to see it unfold in front of our eyes.

Again, I am not saying Nick Suzuki will ever be as good as Datysuk. I am saying his game gets me nostalgic of Datsyuk's. Nick Suzuki is not the next Datsyuk, I repeat, NICK IS NOT GONNA BE LIKE DATSYUK. Thank you
I agree with a lot of what you have to say, great post.

I may view Lidstrom ahead of Harvey and Robinson but thats not taking away anything from what they have accomplished and it's very evident to me that Lidstrom and Harvey are 2 of the top defenceman to ever play the game and Robinson is easily in top 10 and an argument could be made for him to place top 5 all time. When i said Lidstrom would be the best player in the Canadiens history, I should have said "could".

Also as an aside, are you telling me you personally guarantee Suzuki becomes as good as DATSYUK?! The nerve.

Reactions: Jabba11

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I agree with a lot of what you have to say, great post.

I may view Lidstrom ahead of Harvey and Robinson but thats not taking away anything from what they have accomplished and it's very evident to me that Lidstrom and Harvey are 2 of the top defenceman to ever play the game and Robinson is easily in top 10 and an argument could be made for him to place top 5 all time. When i said Lidstrom would be the best player in the Canadiens history, I should have said "could".

Also as an aside, are you telling me you personally guarantee Suzuki becomes as good as DATSYUK?! The nerve.

I thought I wrote well enough to back myself up but I guess you saw right through me hahahahaah (secretly, I hope he does hahaha)

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I thought I wrote well enough to back myself up but I guess you saw right through me hahahahaah (secretly, I hope he does hahaha)
Clear as day, on the record!
Again, I am not saying Nick Suzuki will ever be as good as Datysuk. I am saying his game gets me nostalgic of Datsyuk's. Nick Suzuki is not the next Datsyuk, I repeat, NICK IS NOT GONNA BE LIKE DATSYUK. Thank you

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
As of right now, PLD is the better player.

But some crazy fools think that the difference between Suzuki and PLD is like, Romanov lol

Suzuki is a bonafide 1C, the first Montreal got in like 20 years, and he's not for sale, for any price, unless it's an offer we can't refuse.

If we get PLD, it's to downgrade Suzuki on the 2nd, we won't trade one for the other. Won't happen.
I don't think you know what that word means.... a guy that played one season and put up 13 goals and 41 points in 71 games is an average 2C, not a fringe 1C and certainly not a "bonafide 1C". Does he have that potential? Sure.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think both end up roughly about the same caliber of player- as legit #1Cs.

Dubois is further along but Suzuki is only on the 2nd year of his ELC. Value is about equal I’d say, but Montreal trading Suzuki for PLD is a lateral move and doesn’t make sense for them- particularly from a cap space standpoint.

The deal to be made is clearly KK++ for PLD.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I think both end up roughly about the same caliber of player- as legit #1Cs.

Dubois is further along but Suzuki is only on the 2nd year of his ELC. Value is about equal I’d say, but Montreal trading Suzuki for PLD is a lateral move and doesn’t make sense for them- particularly from a cap space standpoint.

The deal to be made is clearly KK++ for PLD.
I dont think KK gets the needle moving in the slightest to be honest. those adds better be damn impressive

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Hes closer to Rafalski than he is anywhere near Lidstrom, then he doubled down to say Lidstrom's 7 norris trophies dont even matter.

Plekanec was always Bergeron lite to habs fans, doesnt make it true, just like habs fans thinking markov is Lidstrom-lite isnt true. Its an insult to Lidstrom who was one of the greatest defenceman of all time.

What would you say if a leafs fan called Morgan Rielly "Ray Bourque-lite!"? It would be ridiculous.
Dead on

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't think you know what that word means.... a guy that played one season and put up 13 goals and 41 points in 71 games is an average 2C, not a fringe 1C and certainly not a "bonafide 1C". Does he have that potential? Sure.

Yeah, I'm bookmarking that lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Are people watching Suzuki? What do you think of his start of the season vs PLD's?
Of course they are, Suzuki is an awesome player, People just think that PLD is better.

PLD is incredible man

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Are people watching Suzuki? What do you think of his start of the season vs PLD's?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if these two were traded 1 for 1 and this poll was revisited a year from now, the results would be reversed.

Suzuki for me.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Before this season PLD has been better. So far this early in the season Suzuki has been better.
Lets wait another 20 + games to see what happens.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
PLD by a margin. Nick Suzuki is overated by Canadiens fans because they really haven't had any elite talent at the forward position in a while and are clinging to the hope Suzuki can be that for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trunz05

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not exactly a fair comparison given first 4 games of Columbus, not many players are clicking yet
That's why i said wait till about 20 games in and we all will get a better picture.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
PLD by a margin. Nick Suzuki is overated by Canadiens fans because they really haven't had any elite talent at the forward position in a while and are clinging to the hope Suzuki can be that for them.

This post makes zero sense. Yes we haven't had a star player in a while but that doesn't mean we don't have access to tv/internet that lets us watch other players.

You lost credibility by saying PLD by a margin.

I think PLD>Suzuki but it's much closer than you indicate.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad