Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The question is how much better can PLD be? Can he take a step up offensively or will he settle in as a very good 1C? Because I think Suzuki is just scratching the surface, but I don't know enough to judge PLD the same way.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I think if this were opened at the end of the year this poll would be completely lopsided in the other direction. If it were opened today after last night it might be even.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dubois is a 25g/60pt 2 way C
He is probably on the lower end of the scale but he is still a legit top line C

Suzuki is smaller, weaker and has a whopping 15g/47pts at the same age Dubois already had his 27g/61pt season...

PLD, not close. habs missed out on finally getting that missing piece

Suzuki is a #2. Danult is a #3. Kotkaniemi is a #3...see whats missing?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The question is how much better can PLD be? Can he take a step up offensively or will he settle in as a very good 1C? Because I think Suzuki is just scratching the surface, but I don't know enough to judge PLD the same way.

Suzuki is 1 year younger but he has unlimited potential, while PLD is beasically at his peak

-habs fans, basically

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004

Suzuki is smaller, weaker and has a whopping 15g/47pts at the same age Dubois already had his 27g/61pt season...

I’m not sure why you’re focused on Suzuki’s point totals from last season (which were still pretty good for a rookie) when he has clearly taken another step since the play-in round/playoffs and this season.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I’m not sure why you’re focused on Suzuki’s point totals from last season (which were still pretty good for a rookie) when he has clearly taken another step since the play-in round/playoffs and this season.

The point is Habs are talking like Suzuki has this unlimited potential, while Dubois is a finished product, despite there only being 1 year difference in development. I like Suzuki but I mean did I just read a Datsyuk comp?

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
The point is Habs are talking like Suzuki has this unlimited potential, while Dubois is a finished product, despite there only being 1 year difference in development. I like Suzuki but I mean did I just read a Datsyuk comp?
I haven’t seen anyone say Dubois is a finished product. Some of us think Suzuki’s ceiling is higher.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Suzuki is definitely just scratching the surface but it's hard to bet against the guy who's proved more when they're both you g players. Appreciate the honest answer though.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal

Suzuki missed the part where he plays with Panarin

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
There is something special about Suzuki's hockey IQ. It's pretty much impossible to predict his ceiling. If he only keeps up his current play, he is already a lower tier 1c.

PLD is more of a bulldozer athletic style player which I love too. Don't get me wrong, he's also super skilled, just uses his skill in a different way.

I think production wise they will be similar throughout their careers, just generate their points in different ways.

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC

Yeah, objectivity

Reactions: sharks9

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
PLD is getting overrated because he was so good against the Leafs. He could be nasty for sure, but he could be Ryan Johansen and I'm not sure he should be crowned a 1C yet. For allt he love he gets for his play agaisnt the Leafs, no one talks about how good Suzuki was against Pittsburgh who are just as impressive down the middle (or moreso really) than the Leafs

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
PLD is getting overrated because he was so good against the Leafs. He could be nasty for sure, but he could be Ryan Johansen and I'm not sure he should be crowned a 1C yet. For allt he love he gets for his play agaisnt the Leafs, no one talks about how good Suzuki was against Pittsburgh who are just as impressive down the middle (or moreso really) than the Leafs

He also was good against Edmonton, and also against Vancouver

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He also was good against Edmonton, and also against Vancouver

Yeah he had a solid playoff for sure, not denying that. But theres all kinds of talk about being a bonafide number one center all of a sudden. Ryan Johansen was very similar and he ended up never really taking a step forward after his even better playoff run

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Suzuki is 1 year younger but he has unlimited potential, while PLD is beasically at his peak

-habs fans, basically
Not at all what I said, but thanks for lying.

What I'm saying is both a question marks in terms of their ceiling, but staying with suzuki doesn't cost you anything. Trading for PLD is riskier because what you'd have to give up. PLD is a great player, but montreal would be fools to trade Suzuki or KK for him before they know what they have.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah he had a solid playoff for sure, not denying that. But theres all kinds of talk about being a bonafide number one center all of a sudden. Ryan Johansen was very similar and he ended up never really taking a step forward after his even better playoff run

Maybe. But maybe it took a couple of games for him in his first year to find his groove, and but now he found it?
I don't know.
But I it's wish the second, as a Habs fan, cause if he can stay the way he is right now, he's possibly our best player since the early 90s lol
And after decades of terrible line-ups, it would be fun
And since he doesn't rely that much on his physical attributes (he's much more of a cerebral player, even tho he can pull off a Datsyuk from time to time), there's a chance

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

Funny use of the word "whopping" to describe the point totals when there was only a 14 point differential between the two point totals you quote.

Let me try, so far this year Suzuki has 2g/6p so far and Dubois has only put up a whopping 1g/1p. And omg he is a year older than him!

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Jets would have both if they didn't give up their 1st to Vegas lol

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT

Ehhhh no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad