Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Suzuki is 1 year younger but he has unlimited potential, while PLD is beasically at his peak

-habs fans, basically
What you are ignoring is that Dubois has been in the NHL 4 years and Suzuki 1. Linemates aside Dubois is likely closer to his potential than Suzuki. Dubois took a while to develop but he has produced in the last couple of years. He will likely score even more with the linemates he will have but probably not significantly more. I would expect Suzuki and Dubois to have similar careers production wise.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Suzuki is better but it doesn't matter. PLD will be his teammate in Montreal in 3 years. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kojo

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
What you are ignoring is that Dubois has been in the NHL 4 years and Suzuki 1. Linemates aside Dubois is likely closer to his potential than Suzuki. Dubois took a while to develop but he has produced in the last couple of years. He will likely score even more with the linemates he will have but probably not significantly more. I would expect Suzuki and Dubois to have similar careers production wise.

Doesn't really matter. One has been playing nhl level longer.

It's not a knock on the player who's been playing the big leagues longer

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Doesn't really matter. One has been playing nhl level longer.

It's not a knock on the player who's been playing the big leagues longer
Youre responding to a guy who thinks Markov is in the same tier as Lidstrom and vezinas dont count. His opinion on Habs players shouldnt be taken seriously.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
4 years but RFa expires in 2 years for another negotiation.

Hopefully for the Jets there will be a long contract extension next year....
I'm sure there will be! The Jets are an awesome organization - and it helps his dad also works for them! :)

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Suzuki is gonna be a pretty awesome player, but even on a team like the Leafs, that already has 2 elite centers, I'd go with PLD (and maybe convert him to wing).

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
PLD had a bad year, but the potential at 22 years of age is still there, hes already had a 60pt season and singlehandedly manhandled Toronto last year.

I still would’ve much preferred Suzuki to f***ing Marko Dano...:ha:

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
This is a very easy one for me. Most Hab fans and those who are not biased will choose Suzuki. All the rest will choose PLD because of the star appeal that his name conjures up.

Suzuki is 21 and PLD is 23 and their PPGs are almost identical with a negligible edge to Suzuki. The cap hit for Suzuki is 900K and PLD is 5 million.

We could have had PLD for Suzuki but Bergevin declined and that was a very good decision.

There is no right or wrong because they can both end up being very good players. As a Hab fan however, as it stands now, there is no way I trade Suzuki for PLD.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I can see the poll results and the "expert" comments of many posters haven't aged very well. But I guess many posters couldn't miss out on an opportunity to give a Hab player a dig.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
After watching PLD this season and particularly in the Habs series, i do not want him in a Habs jersey. He's a malcontent and an underachiever. I don't see any heart in his play/game. He doesn't seem to care.

Suzuki on the other hand...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I`d stick to Suzuki who has been pretty much amazing for the 2 years since being here. I wouldn't be against adding a Dubois though in the lineup!

A Plus

Jun 20, 2021
New Jersey
Dubois stinks

his career high is already behind him; he doesnt have the attitude go move forward

if he grows up then maybe

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
PLD had a bad year, but the potential at 22 years of age is still there, hes already had a 60pt season and singlehandedly manhandled Toronto last year.

I still would’ve much preferred Suzuki to f***ing Marko Dano...:ha:

Suzuki is 21…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad