Nick Suzuki vs Pierre-Luc Dubois

Who will a the better overall career ? Who do you take ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Suzuki IMO. Just put up close to what Dubois did in his rookie year in his own rookie year.

I see Dubois peaking as a Schenn type. I don't really know if I have a grasp on what Suzuki's high end would be.

it was also his D+3 compared to Dubois's rookie year being in his D+2

Dubois is only 1 year older than Suzuki right now

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I like Suziki a lot, but come on now, PLD is on another level up.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Suzuki getting very underrated here. Check out a Montreal game, he's phenomenal all over the ice and especially in the d-zone as a 21 year old. Arguably higher potential than Kotkaniemi. If Suzuki isn't better than Dubois now, I do think the former surpasses the latter soon.

Reactions: Habs Icing

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Suzuki IMO. Just put up close to what Dubois did in his rookie year in his own rookie year.

I see Dubois peaking as a Schenn type. I don't really know if I have a grasp on what Suzuki's high end would be.
Slight difference thought. One jumped right into the league the other went back to junior. I'm not sure you made much of an argument on Suzuki's case.

I lean toward the more proven player who started sooner relative to their careers.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki getting very underrated here. Check out a Montreal game, he's phenomenal all over the ice and especially in the d-zone as a 21 year old. Arguably higher potential than Kotkaniemi. If Suzuki isn't better than Dubois now, I do think the former surpasses the latter soon.

You're doing what a lot of Habs fans are doing. You're paying a lot of attention to Suzuki's progress and ignoring Dubois' as if he is a finished product. Both of these players are very young and developing wonderfully. Both are taking a step right now. Dubois has a ton of upside left to hit.

Reactions: Vachon23

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
You're doing what a lot of Habs fans are doing. You're paying a lot of attention to Suzuki's progress and ignoring Dubois' as if he is a finished product. Both of these players are very young and developing wonderfully. Both are taking a step right now. Dubois has a ton of upside left to hit.

I never said Dubois was a finished product, and I was never ignoring his progress either. I was simply pointing out that despite the poll results, Suzuki should be getting more credit as the question is asking who do we think ends up better. I never said it wasn't going to be close even if he does surpass Dubois soon. I personally think Suzuki ends up better, and I think it's a reasonable opinion to have even though Dubois is an awesome player and will continue to get better.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I never said Dubois was a finished product, and I was never ignoring his progress either. I was simply pointing out that despite the poll results, Suzuki should be getting more credit as the question is asking who do we think ends up better. I never said it wasn't going to be close even if he does surpass Dubois soon. I personally think Suzuki ends up better, and I think it's a reasonable opinion to have even though Dubois is an awesome player and will continue to get better.

How did you come up with this opinion?

I mean what are your reasons or stats? (Position, scoring, 200ft game, age, etc.)

I like both players but PLD will be (if not this season) a dominant top flight 2 way number 1 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->