Domi : 18:29
Danault : 14:35
Kotkaniemk : 13:24

I feel like Suzuki will be our 1C in no time tho, Clode love Big Nick

Laffy - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Domi
Drouin - Danault - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

but it's clode, so you might be right and it might just end up with ( resign Weal ) Weal - Domi - Lehkonen on the 4th line

Well done! Not sure Suzuki is ready to be a 1C next year but throwing Gallagher with that line is smart. Tatar and Domi with KK and Drouin and Armia with Danault is also smart. According to the strategy I would try... you see it like I do

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This guy is money on the pp. He finds or opens up the cross ice seam regularly. My favorite is when he's looking off at the pass and drains it.

He's really poised. I don't really notice him force the pass and turn it over, or shoot on a hope and prayer, or run out of room and options.

He seems to find Tatar a lot. Like to see them together 5 on 5, seems obvious.

He's deceptive which makes him unpredictable. Very high hockey IQ and skill level. And he's not dumb... he knows he has to get stronger and improve skating. When Julien works with him on assignments and the small things, he takes it in and puts it 3rd on his priority list but keeps that to himself :nod:. Now Drouin on the other hand... he puts playing conservative and doing assignments well #1 on his list when he should be kicking himself in the ass and playing a more aggressive fast tempo offensive game. You won't learn how to fix mistakes in a aggressive offensive style if you are not playing that type of game.

Coaching skilled players to play conservative and handle assignments well has become too much of a priority with our coaching staff.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dude....come ooooon. Take it easy. Cross ice passes on the PP are super common. Again, it doesn't take away from his play where he did a little fake and beautifully passed it to Tatar across 2 players but it is not a unique play.

I'm not selling Suzuki short at all, I think he's great with top line potential. I'm solely discussing about this specific play. For the record, I've repeatedly said it was a nice play, where I disagree is that there's only 5 players who can do this, which is laughable, I mean truly, laughable. But in no way does that mean I don't think Suzuki is great.

My thoughts exactly over the hoopla over the pass on the pp on Tuesday.

But hopefully Nick can become elite. There is a lot of potential. He's been getting better and better every year, as his Junior coach Burnett pointed out. he just got better and better during his last OHL season as the season went on. And this past year in the NHL, I could see it in the Calgary game out West. We were down 3-2. He was playing pretty well. But you could see he said to himself: we have a lot of injuries, I need to step up and go get that tying goal. Every shift he was trying. And finally he made it happen. on the play it was like he made sure his linemates (Weal and Cousins!) were in the right place to get him the puck...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Dude....come ooooon. Take it easy. Cross ice passes on the PP are super common. Again, it doesn't take away from his play where he did a little fake and beautifully passed it to Tatar across 2 players but it is not a unique play.

I'm not selling Suzuki short at all, I think he's great with top line potential. I'm solely discussing about this specific play. For the record, I've repeatedly said it was a nice play, where I disagree is that there's only 5 players who can do this, which is laughable, I mean truly, laughable. But in no way does that mean I don't think Suzuki is great.
Anyone can throw it to the front of the net and hope he gets lucky. Their aren't many players that can complete that play as consistently as Suzuki has this year which if you actually read my initial post, you'd see was the point. Suzuki has done that a dozen times at least this year for easy tap in goals. Stone has maybe done that a dozen times in his life.

T"maybe only 5 or 6 other players in the NHL capable of making plays like that with Suzuki's consistency. "

Here's the post for reference.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anyone can throw it to the front of the net and hope he gets lucky. Their aren't many players that can complete that play as consistently as Suzuki has this year which if you actually read my initial post, you'd see was the point. Suzuki has done that a dozen times at least this year for easy tap in goals. Stone has maybe done that a dozen times in his life.

T"maybe only 5 or 6 other players in the NHL capable of making plays like that with Suzuki's consistency. "

Here's the post for reference.
Yes there is, and no it's ''throw it in front and hope to get lucky''. I've watched a lot of hockey and I saw it happen regularly, so not sure what you've been watching but it's definitely way more common than you're leading on.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

But hopefully Nick can become elite. There is a lot of potential. He's been getting better and better every year, as his Junior coach Burnett pointed out. he just got better and better during his last OHL season as the season went on. And this past year in the NHL, I could see it in the Calgary game out West. We were down 3-2. He was playing pretty well. But you could see he said to himself: we have a lot of injuries, I need to step up and go get that tying goal. Every shift he was trying. And finally he made it happen. on the play it was like he made sure his linemates (Weal and Cousins!) were in the right place to get him the puck...
Yes ideally he keeps taking steps forward, the potential is definitely there. All the more reason to spend assets to get him a legit winger he'll be able to develop with.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes ideally he keeps taking steps forward, the potential is definitely there. All the more reason to spend assets to get him a legit winger he'll be able to develop with.

Or, Julien could see how things go with Suzuki and Domi/Kk each playing with one of Gallagher and Tatar. Danault would lead a shutdown line (with 2 of Lehkonen, Byron,and Armia) that would play against the oppositions top scoring line every night.

We just went through a season with two 8 game losing streaks. Yet something like this was never tried.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Or, Julien could see how things go with Suzuki and Domi/Kk each playing with one of Gallagher and Tatar. Danault would lead a shutdown line (with 2 of Lehkonen, Byron,and Armia) that would play against the oppositions top scoring line every night.

We just went through a season with two 8 game losing streaks. Yet something like this was never tried.

Even then, we need to change our top 6 and improve it. I really dislike the lack of size and physicality on our top lines.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Suzuki is a hell of a player.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
whatever thread it was in but someone was saying that Kotka has a better shot then Suzuki and I disagreed, that goal I just don't see Kotka pulling it off that often while Suzuki made it look easy.

It's a different shot, and Suzuki's is likely better off the rush and maybe more practical. KKs shot is heavy though and from Liiga and first year highlights he likes that one-timer.

Edit: I also feel like KK's release is real slow, and he almost always needs to reposition the puck before he starts his release.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-1_22-39-2.png

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I hate to admit anything Montreal does well... but this kid looks like a real gem. Smart on the puck, good open ice vision, above average shot. A couple more years of seasoning and he could be a legit ppg player with decent defensive awareness. If he ever got a pure sniper on his wing that could get to open space there would be some magic. One of those rare win-win trades that seems to be working for both teams.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Burnett was his Jr coach only for a few months after a deadline deal.
But yes he has consistently taken steps forward thru his his career.
Saw him alot in Minor midget ( he always played well against us agghh lol) a lot in the OHL with OS and Guelph and was always impressed. Living in London and being involved at the the time in Minor hockey always heard of the solid work ethic.
The younger bro has more skilll at the same age but Nick has that it factor. More jam n desire to his game.
So glad they scooped him in the Patch trade.
Kids going to be a factor as a top 6 F, no doubts

Reactions: larrypacman8167
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad