Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ritchie is tough but he lacks the fire. He's a big strong dude, though. I hope Frederic has been with the weights if he wants to tangle with him.

He'd be stupid to. If Ritchie isn't scratched when the Bruins play the Laffs, the best policy is to leave him alone and let him keep sleeping. No need to risk him actually getting fired up out there.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I liked Ritchie but it was time to turn the page.
I'd like our 3rd line to be hitting a also getting on the score board.
Ritchie could have been a Jason Allison type, not an extremely fast skater but tough and found the shooting lanes. He lacked both.

If the Leafs feel they're replacing Hyman with Ritchie...their not.
Far from it.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I'd like our 3rd line to be hitting and also getting on the score board.
Ritchie could have been a Jason Allison type, not an extremely fast skater but tough and found the shooting lanes. He lacked both.

Far from it.

Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'd like our 3rd line to be hitting and also getting on the score board.

Far from it.

Human will be the worst contract in the NHL in no time.

I think Ritchie will do better there than he would have here. I think we’ll be happy with Foligno.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hahahahaha @ the Leafs falling all over themselves to sign our two worst players

Don should call Dubas and offer him Jake Debrusk for a 1st and he'd probably do it

Reactions: TCB and Shane Jazz

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ritchie is tough but he lacks the fire. He's a big strong dude, though. I hope Frederic has been with the weights if he wants to tangle with him.
where Frederic would run into trouble with Ritchie isn`t likely due to lack of strength, it would be all about form, Frederic, like Tom Wilson, is a haymaker guy, Ritchie is technical, when you watch guys who stand in and plant their feet with Wilson, Wilson struggles and so too would Frederic with Ritchie

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He'd be stupid to. If Ritchie isn't scratched when the Bruins play the Laffs, the best policy is to leave him alone and let him keep sleeping. No need to risk him actually getting fired up out there.

Nick Ritchie vs Wilson is pretty even

Freddy held his own against Wilson

So...in theory should be a good battle

Freddy has the frame to add some more bulk. While Ritchie is on a forever journey to slim down

Rather not see them go at it. But cant see Ritchie just play conservative hockey against his former team.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Nick Ritchie vs Wilson is pretty even

Freddy held his own against Wilson

So...in theory should be a good battle

Freddy has the frame to add some more bulk. While Ritchie is on a forever journey to slim down

Rather not see them go at it. But cant see Ritchie just play conservative hockey against his former team.

If the Nick that we saw 75% of the time is the one that shows up, why bother with him? He won't do anything meaningful.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
where Frederic would run into trouble with Ritchie isn`t likely due to lack of strength, it would be all about form, Frederic, like Tom Wilson, is a haymaker guy, Ritchie is technical, when you watch guys who stand in and plant their feet with Wilson, Wilson struggles and so too would Frederic with Ritchie
What’s with the narrative that ritchie fights? He fights like twice a year probably.

Reactions: GordonHowe

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ritchie is honestly one of the better fighters left in the league IMO, he just doesn’t do it often enough

Totally agree. And while it's against "the code", he doesn't stop punching until the refs make him stop which home fans always like. I don't understand how he could clearly fight with so much passion and energy but not bring that to the rest of his game or even the practice of initiating fights more frequently. Easy to blame it on him, but maybe that was more coaching telling him to avoid being taken on the ice considering he was never slotted as fourth line enforcer.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not to hijack the thread with a random thought but I loved how all of DK’s fights began even though it was rare. He didn’t give guys a choice when he wanted to fight...he just felt like it and would pester them until they went. The Pavelski and Cammalleri fights come to mind especially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad