Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
The takes I'm seeing are amazing. They sound exactly like us in February 2020 lmao.

Best of luck to Big Nick, just not against us! Somehow I'm not too concerned

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I was thrilled when we got Ritchie, mainly because we got rid of Heinen who I couldn't stand. But when you watch him over a period of time it's obvious that he has no great love or passion for the game of hockey. The things he should be doing on a regular basis like using his body to deliver hits or to defend his teammates he rarely does and without him using that big body for physicality he is a liability on the ice with his lack of speed or quickness. I wouldn't be suprised if the 2 year contract he got from the Leafs is his last NHL contract.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Everyone dogging Ritchie who scored more goals than anyone in the bottom 6.

Says more about the state of the bottom six than it does about Ritchie.

I like the guy but it became painfully clear the last two playoffs that he's not a player who should be getting top 9 minutes on a contending team. He's productive against mediocre teams but wilts against contenders when the pace picks up, same as a lot our guys unfortunately. 19 out of his 26 points last year came against non-playoff teams. Maybe it works out better for him in Toronto.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
notice Ritchie just got an extra year making 1.4 million more than Heinen on an annual basis

There’s no doubt who is the more impactful player. Market just bore (boar? Beared? Bared?) that out

I heard that Heinen’s contract included some “subtle” money that is extremely valuable but most people aren’t sophisticated enough to see and appreciate it, but makes it worth significantly more than the numerical value.

Reactions: TCB and shoulders7

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Now now, stop that rubbish talk :D. Do not go the dark side. I've been saddened to see some slip into that abyss. We still have a good team. Maybe not a great one, but a good one. Better than goddam Leafs, that's for sure.

Im down . But you know what? I got through Bobby Orr packing his bags and leaving. Wasnt easy. But time moves on. Rosters change. Usually an addition or kid catches my eye and here I stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad