Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The takes I'm seeing are amazing. They sound exactly like us in February 2020 lmao.

Best of luck to Big Nick, just not against us! Somehow I'm not too concerned
Anyone taking a shot at the posts on the Leafs board needs to seriously take a look at some of the shit that's gotten posted on this forum over the past 48hrs........

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Anyone taking a shot at the posts on the Leafs board needs to seriously take a look at some of the shit that's gotten posted on this forum over the past 48hrs........

Lol fair enough, it's still funny though

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Had more fights than any other Bruin from the time he was acquired until the time he departed.

Only because Miller was mostly injured and Frederick was rarely dressed, otherwise those 2 would have easily been in more scraps then Ritchie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Some of the proposed line combinations they have on the Laffs board have Ritchie on the top line. Lolololol best of luck with him as your top LW Laffs fans!
what will likely happen is Ritchie will put up solid numbers playing on a team who need a GPS to find it own zone and fans here will be screaming at DS for letting him go.

I have 0 issues with not seeing him ever again in a Spoked B. Thought some here over rated his game, while he did, from time to time have a nice game, he was often MIA, moreso IMO than Bjork was while he was still here and he literally disappeared at playoff time and clearly couldn`t keep up to the pace of playoff hockey

Lucky for him, Leaf fans only have to worry about the playoffs for one round:naughty:

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Freddy held his own against Wilson

Stop it. At zero point did Frederic “hold his own” in that tilt. He ate a bunch of jabs, caught the tip of a bomb, and luckily ducked a bomb just as Wilson was starting to rag him. Had Wilson not basically flipped himself off balance, Frederic was in serious trouble.

The homerism has got to stop on this board…

Freddy deserves credit for his willingness to fight a bigger, older man. Period.

Now, that being said, I’m excited to see how he’s filled out after another off-season. Nothing says he can’t be ready to take Wilson this year.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Stop it. At zero point did Frederic “hold his own” in that tilt. He ate a bunch of jabs, caught the tip of a bomb, and luckily ducked a bomb just as Wilson was starting to rag him. Had Wilson not basically flipped himself off balance, Frederic was in serious trouble.

Freddy deserves credit for his willingness to fight a bigger, older man. Period.

Now, that being said, I’m excited to see how he’s filled out after another off-season. Nothing says he can’t be ready to take Wilson this year.

Im not high on Frederic at all, but that fight wasn’t anywhere close to as lopsided as you’re making it out to be. “Holding your own” doesn’t mean you won the fight, it just means you weren’t beaten decisively (ie TKO or KO) and pushed back on the other guy with a little offense of your own. I’d say it’s a pretty accurate assessment of that tilt.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Trent Frederic is bad at fighting, let’s just not try to label him as something he isn’t.

Foligno is even a much better fighter than Frederic, like much better.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Random pet peeve: people on the main board (in this case certain Toronto fans) who paint anyone who dares say anything not glowing about a newly acquired player as somehow unreasonable. I know I rag on Ritchie obnoxiously, but I feel like I’m being pretty reasonable and it just gets bombarded with “can we relax? He hasn’t even played a game for this team yet!” as if he’s some unknown asset who may be the next Gretzky and doesn’t have a history.

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I know they had a rematch. Fine Wilson won. But 1st bout was pretty even

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It’s only a matter of time before Fred either gets KO’d or KO’s someone else. One of the most reckless fighting “styles” I’ve ever seen.
He is a bit on a loose cannon that’s for sure. I kinda like it tho. I’m hoping he can also play hockey at the nhl level. That’s more what I care about. But having a guy throw down is nice too

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Hey, hey, hey!

These two may work out in TO, and may even come back to haunt Boston, but I am beside myself with joy that they are no longer Bruins.

I won't trash them on the way out, as I did unstintingly while they were here.

I wish them both well, but the Bruins have removed two nebulous, hazy clouds from their roster, and the picture is clearer.

Now get rid of Jake.

Sorry. Not sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: KWbruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad