Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Honestly I’m surprised he hasn’t been signed yet. Has Nick just been asleep this entire time still thinking he received his QO?

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
If he would be playing like in the beginning of the last season, he would be worth the 3,5m. As it stands that would be too much for him even though I like him.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Have seen him play since junior hockey. What you see is what you get. Has played this style of hockey since
16 years old. Big, strong left winger with good hockey IQ. Best comparable would be Patrick Maroon.
Has perhaps 1 or 2 years left as an NHL regular.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Have seen him play since junior hockey. What you see is what you get. Has played this style of hockey since
16 years old. Big, strong left winger with good hockey IQ. Best comparable would be Patrick Maroon.
Has perhaps 1 or 2 years left as an NHL regular.

He's Pat Maroon without Maroon's energy. Not that the guy is a dynamo, but compared to Nick he is, which is why he is still playing regularly at 33 and Nick, like you say, has 1 or 2 years left before he's a good AHL signing for a team that needs emergency depth.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
If he just had 15% faster footspeed he would be a 5M+ a year player on 30/20 production IMO. Crazy it's so close in the NHL. If he was playing in the 80's he would have been a monster.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If he just had 15% faster footspeed he would be a 5M+ a year player on 30/20 production IMO. Crazy it's so close in the NHL. If he was playing in the 80's he would have been a monster.
I dont even find him to be that slow, he just never seems to use his full speed more than once or twice every 20 games.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Many of us have had problems with Ritchie but am I the only one bothered that they took him and Kase. Like I'm extremely upset about that fact.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Ritchie pissed me off beyond belief after the covid break, he was so out of shape, and seemed to make nothing but bad decisions in the playoffs.

They had to give him another chance though, because that break screwed with many players and they had to see what he could be with an off-season and a new beginning. Personally thought he was worth an extra shot myself too, he has all the tools you want in a player of his type.

Season started and he was impressive, looked like he was going to be an imposing impact player, and swear at one point was thinking he was going to try and cash in on it. Talking 4-5 years, 4-5M, that he should try and cash in now, his agent would be all of it if he kept it up, and it looked like it would keep it up.

But holy hell did his game start to be vanilla, just so even-keeled on a pace that he was already satisfied with how his season went up to that point, that he could just coast the rest of the way. And to see him do it in the playoffs, once again had me pissed beyond belief he was on the Bruins.

When they didn't give him a QO, couldn't have been happier.

It's just sad to see a guy like that with the skill to be an impact player to play the way he does in the playoffs. Looks like complete laziness.

Also, makes me wonder about Bruce as a coach when he plays Ritchie on the PP all season long, until game 2 of the playoffs to take him off the PP, when he was long ago not effective anymore and not good enough to give an QO to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad