NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
is there somewhere we can call and complain for incorrect blackouts? cleveland is not a pittsburgh market.. we do not get pittsburgh games ever. i have had center ice for a decade to watch the Penguins, and now, this year, all of a sudden they are blacked out?!

this site is wrong.
NHL.TV™ and NHL Premium™ Blackout Detector

You can call them. They do this to me all the time with Blues games, technically I live 30 miles closer to the Blues arena, but I'm in the Dallas zone (Northwest Arkansas). So I'll have to call occasionally to get the Blues games unblocked. It's very annoying, but they're pretty nice about it.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
You can call them. They do this to me all the time with Blues games, technically I live 30 miles closer to the Blues arena, but I'm in the Dallas zone (Northwest Arkansas). So I'll have to call occasionally to get the Blues games unblocked. It's very annoying, but they're pretty nice about it.

who do you call? your cable company? i called nhl.tv, but they don't handle center ice

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Does anyone have a business reason why in 2019 we can't just watch the commercials from the local regional network and we have to see the same ads again and again and again? Heck, I've even seen some services where they design ads based on location, so for something national I would get a Bay Area based ad.

The reason I ask is because I've gotten this service each year since maybe a year or two before the change from Gamecenter Live to NHL.TV and I feel like the service has gotten worse. Now don't get me wrong, the picture quality on most nights is great and I think this has a much better user interface than MLB.TV (We can actually choose the broadcast from the player, which is nice) but I'm talking about the ads over and over and over again. I mean the John Tortorella interrupting the presser to call someone was good, but I'm incredibly annoyed by it now because I've seen it maybe 200 times since the season started. The same can be said about the storm surge highlights, the NHL on Youtube, and I'm actually getting annoyed with Linda Cohn and the ESPN on NHL Theme, though no fault of ESPN itself. I don't know how hamstrung they are by the TV Contracts, but why doesn't BamTech improve these services each year? They raise the cost slightly for services that are still stuck in the last decade (Even though in the case of the NHL, I actually thing everything before NHL.Com switched was great, mainly because the ads we got actually came from the networks or we got "Commercial Break in Progress").

Last edited:

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Not only is streaming through Chromecast terrible but it now says my account is in use elsewhere, which is hilarious since I pull up the stream fine on my phone but as soon as I cast it, it gives that error.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I don't get why my "start live games from the start" setting doesn't work... Got spoiled two times already.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I have a new NHL.TV problem. A black screen.

No video, no game information, nothing. This happens for every game I've tried, from the current Chicago/Carolina game to several last night, and some from earlier in the season. I've tried different browsers, I've tried everything the troubleshooting tells me to do, and I've got this on two separate computers both running Windows 10 and fully updated. Anyone got any ideas? Or any idea how useful the contact us link is in this situation?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Anyone have an issue where everything works except when "Viewing" nothing actually shows up, unless you count a black screen?
They have no idea what the problem may be even though this happens on every single device tried. "Restore Purchase" on the app just gives an Unknown Error.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Exactly what I have. Y
I have a new NHL.TV problem. A black screen.

No video, no game information, nothing. This happens for every game I've tried, from the current Chicago/Carolina game to several last night, and some from earlier in the season. I've tried different browsers, I've tried everything the troubleshooting tells me to do, and I've got this on two separate computers both running Windows 10 and fully updated. Anyone got any ideas? Or any idea how useful the contact us link is in this situation?
Exactly what I have. You can see the Scores if you click on that drop-down and that is it. I've tried 3 different chats and completely useless. This thing is a waste of money.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Does anyone have a business reason why in 2019 we can't just watch the commercials from the local regional network and we have to see the same ads again and again and again? Heck, I've even seen some services where they design ads based on location, so for something national I would get a Bay Area based ad.

...but I'm talking about the ads over and over and over again. I mean the John Tortorella interrupting the presser to call someone was good...
+a billion. Poor streams and blackouts would be the most problemic issues with NHL.TV, as a Pens fan in San Diego neither have been an issue. The same ads break after break are pure suckitude.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Exactly what I have. Y

Exactly what I have. You can see the Scores if you click on that drop-down and that is it. I've tried 3 different chats and completely useless. This thing is a waste of money.
I've never had this before and this is my 4th season of using it. The weird thing is this happened at different times on two different platforms. I usually plug a laptop into my TV and watch it through that, then this happened. I could still watch on desktop for about a week, then it happened again.

I emailed them last night and got an automated response with the network troubleshooting tips I already told them I had followed. Looks like I'm going to have to find out how much international calls cost me some point later today. Let me know if you find a solution.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I've never had this before and this is my 4th season of using it. The weird thing is this happened at different times on two different platforms. I usually plug a laptop into my TV and watch it through that, then this happened. I could still watch on desktop for about a week, then it happened again.

I emailed them last night and got an automated response with the network troubleshooting tips I already told them I had followed. Looks like I'm going to have to find out how much international calls cost me some point later today. Let me know if you find a solution.
I suspect it has something to do with linking accounts but they don't seem to be able to help. Will let you know if I figure it out. They said something about problems with Macs but same thing on Windows.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Anyone have an issue where everything works except when "Viewing" nothing actually shows up, unless you count a black screen?
They have no idea what the problem may be even though this happens on every single device tried. "Restore Purchase" on the app just gives an Unknown Error.

it's likely your browser. I've had issues watching via IE, but Chrome works just fine

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
will say, this is the best for nhl.tv

Games are streamed at 60 fps, which means there is little difference when I stream my laptop through the TV. It's just like the game is on TV now. Little video disruption when I use my solid state laptop. If I watch from another computer, there are some minor skips

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
New "Commercial In Progress" Screen!

Thoughts?

Doesn't negate the fact that I've seen the "For All Mankind" ad close to 100 times already and sometimes they play it twice in a row. There are still also the other annoying ads. This service could be so much more than it is.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I must have done something wrong when I tried to watch a game the other day. What I normally do is watch on my tv via the nhl.tv app and have the scores hidden. When I go to view a game it asks me if I want to watch live or from the beginning. Well this time I tried watching on my PC and it didn't give me that option. It just started me live which was in the post game show and revealed the score. Anyway to avoid that other than waiting until the entire broadcast is finished?

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Not only is streaming through Chromecast terrible but it now says my account is in use elsewhere, which is hilarious since I pull up the stream fine on my phone but as soon as I cast it, it gives that error.

This happened to me too not only during the last week of the regular season last year but again during the preseason this year. So I finally said screw it because the people you call don't know what to do about it.

So I went and bought an Apple TV and it works although I do have this issue where the audio and video don't sync so I have to pause the feed and move it current and play for it to be fixed until I have to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad