NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Of course. It's the same thing, just renamed & redesigned.

How do you access the old games?

I've logged into a friend's account, just to look around and decide if I want to buy, and I can't find an archive section for like, 1980s games or anything.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
My cable company says CI will not be available to purchase until the 6th.... but the season starts today. That's BS but I'm assuming the free preview should have me covered for a few days... yes?

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
How do you access the old games?

I've logged into a friend's account, just to look around and decide if I want to buy, and I can't find an archive section for like, 1980s games or anything.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question to mean archives from the current season.

Ah, yes, I remember the very old games archive section in the old Gamecenter. There's nothing like it in NHL.tv. It only lets you go back to and re-watch the preseason games from September 2017, which I suppose was when the transition from Gamecenter to NHL.tv was made.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Anyone else trying to watch NHL TV on PS4 and it only has stuff from last season? It shows no games for me

rho

May 30, 2011
Sorry, I misunderstood your question to mean archives from the current season.

Ah, yes, I remember the very old games archive section in the old Gamecenter. There's nothing like it in NHL.tv. It only lets you go back to and re-watch the preseason games from September 2017, which I suppose was when the transition from Gamecenter to NHL.tv was made.

I think if you're accessing through one of the apps this is true (at least it's true on my Roku and my FireStick). Based on the last couple of years, this is going to be a rolling two year window, i.e., we'll lose 2017-18 before the start of next season. However, if you go to NHL.com, you can at least access back to the start of the 2014-2015 season, and as far as I remember, that window isn't rolling (I might be wrong about this last part, the rolling window on NHL.com might just be wider).

Last edited:
Reactions: Faterson

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So the NHL tv app on my fire tv. Have the game on and every 5-10 min it crashes and brings me back to the Penguins video or nhl video section. So go back scores on the menu start streaming again...rince and repeat. Anyone having issue with the app?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I can't watch anything tonight bc ita saying my account is in use somewhere else. I've changed the password three times tonight and still the same garbage. What a complete joke.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nhl and Rogers are a bunch of dicks.

They previously stated that nhl live works for roku. It turns out that it doesn't work for the French package, which they conveniently didn't specify earlier.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I was getting told that the Canucks/Oilers game was in blackout as it was a regional game (despite their own website saying that it's a National game). They were telling me, "oh it's a regional game on my screen" and telling them that it wasn't. Missed most of the first but at least it's working now!

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Wondering when the app will ever let us download games for offline viewing.

This is my biggest complaint as well. Downloading the game would also get rid of all the annoying buffering and auto changing the video quality.

Personally i want an option like youtube has where you select your vid quality.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So the NHL tv app on my fire tv. Have the game on and every 5-10 min it crashes and brings me back to the Penguins video or nhl video section. So go back scores on the menu start streaming again...rince and repeat. Anyone having issue with the app?

Cleared the cache on the app. It seemed to work

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
NHL.tv not working for me at all.

Android app says "An unknown error has occurred. Please force close app and try again." Doing that, or reinstalling produce the sane error.

Xbox 1 says "Cannot connect. Please check your network connection and try again." Network is fine. Can use other apps no problem. Reinstall didn't help.

Login to NHL.tv in Chrome or Brave hangs forever.

Other than that everything is dandy. How's your night going?

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Going to renew my sub after a few years off, and finding that NHL.TV is still bush league. My saved CC is expired, so I click 'add new card' type in the info and hit process, and get an error message that my card is expired. Great sign.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I can't watch anything tonight bc ita saying my account is in use somewhere else. I've changed the password three times tonight and still the same garbage. What a complete joke.

Not sure why/if it would be logged in somewhere else, but changing the password usually won't boot it from the other location it's already logged in. I found that to be the case with a bunch of apps.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure why/if it would be logged in somewhere else, but changing the password usually won't boot it from the other location it's already logged in. I found that to be the case with a bunch of apps.
Then why would that be the suggested solution by NHL.com?

Shouldn't they have the option to view where/what is accessing your account so you can see if someone is indeed using it?

Very frustrating...

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
I was getting "no feeds available" on my Roku app, but signing out and signing back in fixed the problem.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
watching on my macbook, and when I click full screen, it doesn't actually go full screen at all. and I have to zoom in to make ends meet.

help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad