NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Is NHL Centre Ice on free preview with Rogers right now ?
I just noticed I can access all the games in my guide.
If so, how long is the trial ?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I typically get good resolution on my fire stick. My problem is that the puck seems a bit choppy... Probably because of the frame rate.

If youtube highlights on my firestick has a choppy puck, do you think I'll have the same problem if I run an nhl live stream on it?

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Maybe this has been discussed already, but it bugs me: PS4 and Xbox One apps blow for watching highlights...when the video starts playing, it flashes the title and description of the video file on the screen, meaning you see the score, regardless of your "hide score" setting. Lame.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I need to update my payment details for NHL TV. On the screen for putting in my new card details, it asks me for my address. One of the required fields is listed as state. I do not live in North America. Am I missing something here?

Ed - apparently they're missing something. Under the address heading for my old card it lists "non-US" between the city and the country, but in the State field for adding a new one there's no such option. How can it be this useless

Last edited:
Reactions: KCjetsfan

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Streamed the Coyotes the other night from my PS4 and it was I think the best its ever worked. Other than the first seconds of starting it was strong and steady the whole game with no buffering slow downs or fuzziness Very pleased.

riley27

Apr 28, 2009
Manitoba
What are the best ways people are streaming to a tv. I have chrome cast and it is awful. Any other devices work better?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
What are the best ways people are streaming to a tv. I have chrome cast and it is awful. Any other devices work better?

I have both a Roku Ultra and Apple TV 4K device attached to my main home theater display. Last year the Apple TV worked best, as the video would sometimes be choppy on the Roku. This season, though, I have been using the Roku so far and the video is not choppy. The Apple TV gets the audio out of sync over time just with the NHL app -- all other streaming apps I use are fine in this regard. The Apple device is a little flaky with Amazon Prime video, too, as not all the 4K programming plays properly on this app only. So I use the Roku for NHL and Amazon, and the Apple device for everything else.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I just ordered the full season NHL ice package this morning. Using the Roku Ultra with wifi. Seems good so far on the Oilers-Kings replay game. Hopefully I have no issues with it.

looking forward to being able to take in out of region games

Reactions: Faterson

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
NHL app is stating games are on Prime but I cannot find anything on Prime about it. Do game streams open when puck drops or sub to NHL TV required?

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
those idiots blacked out the Penguins in Cleveland, thinking we're a home market.. we don't get Pittsburgh games here.. Never have. Columbus is the home team. wtf

Dylan Withers

Mar 3, 2019
Streaming over Chromecast is terrible. I don't have the newest generation of Chromecast could this be the reason? Works fine on my firestick and through my PS4.

riley27

Apr 28, 2009
Manitoba
Streaming over Chromecast is terrible. I don't have the newest generation of Chromecast could this be the reason? Works fine on my firestick and through my PS4.
I have chrome cast 2nd gen. I’ve bought and returned 3rd gen and 4K ultra because they both were no better quality for NHL

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
You can get a Roku Premiere that supports 4K and HDR10 on Amazon for $36. If you don't have a 4K display, the Roku Express is $26. Both should work better than Chromecast.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Anyone having an issue with the NHL.tv app on the Apple TV where the scores/calendar is always in June 2019 (Stanley Cup game 7 Final) instead of being on today's game schedule?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why is there no option to adjust the resolution? It's so laggy and I have no option to knock it down.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
is there somewhere we can call and complain for incorrect blackouts? cleveland is not a pittsburgh market.. we do not get pittsburgh games ever. i have had center ice for a decade to watch the Penguins, and now, this year, all of a sudden they are blacked out?!

this site is wrong.
NHL.TV™ and NHL Premium™ Blackout Detector

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
is there somewhere we can call and complain for incorrect blackouts? cleveland is not a pittsburgh market.. we do not get pittsburgh games ever. i have had center ice for a decade to watch the Penguins, and now, this year, all of a sudden they are blacked out?!

this site is wrong.
NHL.TV™ and NHL Premium™ Blackout Detector

I was informed that Directv offers Pens games on the Pittsburgh sports channel (I think it's AT&T) in Cleveland market. That is the reason for blackout. Stupid!

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I was informed that Directv offers Pens games on the Pittsburgh sports channel (I think it's AT&T) in Cleveland market. That is the reason for blackout. Stupid!

DirecTV has always had the Pittsburgh sports channel.. i know, because i've watched it at my friend's house as of 5 or so years ago. it's bullshit is what it is.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
DirecTV has always had the Pittsburgh sports channel.. i know, because i've watched it at my friend's house as of 5 or so years ago. it's bull**** is what it is.

Yes it is I was going to get NHL TV until I found this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad