NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
If a game is on ESPN+ will it be blacked out on nhltv???

No, I don't believe so.

Semi-related: The first time I saw games on ESPN+ I did get blackout screens on the NHL.tv PS4 app.

I was pretty pissed to be paying for NHL.tv and all of a sudden thinking ESPN+ games were blacked out, but reinstalling the app fixed that. Seems like at least once or twice a year I get really major issues, and they end up being due to needing to reinstall the updated app.

Since then, no blackouts that I didn't expect (local games, NBC and I think NHL Network (but maybe not all the NHL Network games, not sure)).

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I have a question for everyone: I have Center Ice thru Dish Network here in the States. This year, as soon as the second (late) game ends; they cut off the feed & I never get to see the postgame or the extended interview After Hours. Anyone know why? Thanks.

I have Directv and the same thing happens if you don't purchase the Sports Package that includes the Regional Sports Networks, so I suspect that's the same reason Dish would cut away, you want you to pay for those RSNs. When it's a Canadian team's home game, they cut away regardless because they don't offer those RSNs.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody check out the game flow feature on the NHL app they just added? It's streamable on Apple TV, but seems worthwhile on Android as well.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Just was on support line with apple tv. NHL claims the latency is a known issue. My latency is about 1.4 seconds off, in front of the picture.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not seeing the Oilers-Flames game tonight on Center Ice (DirectTv)?

such a crappy product so much of the time...can't wait to be done with it

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
So after talking to DTV the best they can give me is that "some games aren't being played on DirecTV at this time"

thanks

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I was pretty pissed off that the Oilers v Flames game wasn't on Directv last night. I was still able to see it by using the NHL app on my Apple TV but for the price that satellite and cable these days along with NHLtv/Center Ice/whatever they call it these days it's ridiculous that we don't get every single game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Watching Center Ice on Xfinity in the Boston area is a pain

To get full HD for all games home and away and you have to speak into the remote and ask for 'Center Ice Beta' and then select teams and then the logos of all 31 teams appear.

Xfinity also does not allow you to have access to NHL.tv like other cable companies do - I called the NHL switchboard in Manhattan and asked for Bill Daly's voicemail and within 3 hours someone in his office called me back and the problem was solved.

I prefer Center Ice over NHL.tv simply because I enjoy seeing out of market commercials instead of a static slide that says in a commercial break.

For some reason on the late HNIC game on Saturday we get local commercials from Moncton, NB and there are some PSAs from the New Brunswick government that are jarring.

Anybody else seeing these spots?

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Sometimes I wonder what the nhl.tv dudes are doing. Now I can't watch the games on an ultrawide screen without having parts of the picture cut and need to reload the stream about twice per period because it just stops working. (I'm watching on demand, not live)

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Seems like there’s a lot of problems with the streaming services. Glad I still use cable/center ice.
Not me . I love NHL tv . I watch a lot of hockey at work on my tablet during my breaks and downtime which I wouldn’t be able to do without NHL tv . For all it’s flaws it’s the best option for people who want to watch hockey in other places besides their home .

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
OK so I have a question...is it possible on NHL.TV (when watching on a computer) to NOT have the spoilers on the bottom of the screen? On Roku, I can fast forward without being spoiled...but on NHL.TV...when I want to scroll ahead with the mouse, or clicker, it shows in red at the bottom all goals...which RUINS it for me. Anyway to avoid since I am usually on delay?

Also, when I go onto NHL.TV to watch a game, it always brings me LIVE, unlike with Roku where I can choose, which also spoils it.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
It's pretty good overall. A few of complaints:

The blackouts suck hard. I'm a Flyers fan in northern NJ so I can't watch any Isles Rangers or Devils games. I know this is probably some cable contractual thing but it's 2020, shits gotta go.

I use the AppleTV app and they need to make it easier to switch from game to game. A swipe up to show other live games and switch to them would be good.

When you exit out of the app the game gets paused and you have to fast forward it to get back to live. A setting that lets you turn off the pause would be nice. I switch around to different apps a lot and always want to join the game live

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
  • So for the last few months, anytime I try to sign in to the NHL app on Roku I keep getting told incorrect username/password.
  • This only happens when I try to sign in to the NHL app on Roku.....so if I am already signed in on the NHL app on Roku, I am fine.
I had deliberately kept myself logged in on my Roku mobile stick for this reason.
  • Since I have been a vagrant staying at so many different places the past few months, when I tried logging in to the hotel/hosts Roku NHL app this is when the problem would occur.
  • However, this past Friday it 'spread' to my Roku.
    • When I opened the NHL app, I got in fine, but there were no game feeds.
      • This has happened before, and the standard procedure is to delete the NHL app, then re-install.
        • I did so, and sure enough the game feeds were back BUT I was logged out.
        • When I tried logging back in, boom, wrong username or password and now I can't get the NHL app on Roku.
  • What's odd is I am able to get NHL.TV on my mac and iPhone with no issues.
  • There I do get prompted to login, but unlike Roku, a. my login info is saved (I don't have to re-enter it) and b. it works.
Don't know what the problem is, but would be nice to get it squared away on Roku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad