NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Can anyone tell me why I can't watch any games on my ps4 anymore? I used to watch them all on ps4, did not have a NHL TV subscription throughout the regular season, subscribed for the playoffs and it just says something like "No feeds available for this game", no matter what game I choose.

No issues on Android or my notebook.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Can anyone tell me why I can't watch any games on my ps4 anymore? I used to watch them all on ps4, did not have a NHL TV subscription throughout the regular season, subscribed for the playoffs and it just says something like "No feeds available for this game", no matter what game I choose.

No issues on Android or my notebook.

Did you update the PS4 app? There was a recent update

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
That's where my sending them the email to [email protected] helped, stating my username/email address. They apparently reset the (faulty) location history at their end, and everything started working normally again for me.

Did NHLTV.com get bought out by YouTube?

I saw a lot of YouTube commercials while watching NHLTV.com in March. Before that, NHLTV.com was advertising a ton while I watched the games using their service.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, I'm scrambling to figure out how to watch the games myself, and I know it can't be discussed here and all. But NHL.TV is clearly going to blackout the playoffs as games are televised nationally. That's great for those who still have an expensive cable subscription (or subscribe to a streaming service that carries NBCSN/USA/NHL Network). With more and more people cutting the cord, this is becoming an even bigger problem...namely with blackouts (sure NBCSN is available in my area, but doesn't mean I subscribe to a service that carries it). Frustrating.

Ya, I tried NHLTV a couple of times during the playoffs, but the games were blacked out. Thank god I got the games on my cable service. You need a really good internet connection for a good experience with NHLTV (and other streaming video services). Unfortunately, in my area the internet connection is not the best quality or the most reliable.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Can you watch NHL TV on Apple TV anymore? The app is not there anymore.

I had a similar question. I noticed a lot of Youtube/NHL commercials in March, so is it possible that NHLTV.com was bought out by YouTube?

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Can you watch NHL TV on Apple TV anymore? The app is not there anymore.

I can still watch on mine, but the experience is horrible.

It used to be great. You could side click forward/back 10 sec or use Siri “fast forward 2 minutes”. Ever since MLB took over the streams, no more Siri support. And earlier this year you can NO LONGER click forward/back. Instead, you’re forced to PAUSE and delicately slide through the timeline which, for a 3 hour event, is incredibly hard. Not only that, the thumbnail will often show a frame from the LIVE GAME spoiling the game (as it did last night for the Sharks game).

Not to mention when you start a game from beginning, it flashes a frame from the live view as well.

I’ve complained left and right but NHL.tv does nothing. My brother uses Roku and games get spoiled in different ways all the time.

NHL doesn’t give a CRAP about their apps and it’s painfully obvious.

If I could find streams on demand I’d cancel this until they get their act together.

Reactions: OddyOh and Faterson

Realize

I just figured out that the new web browser player is really performing good.. But only as long as you're not using a 2nd monitor and playing a game with not very high performance required. Thats not fun ...

Not really watchable, this was better before.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
NHL.tv is still amazing. For me it's watching 100% on demand. What I would love for the fantastic new web player is a time line that doesn't give away how long a game will last l. how it is now it is easy to see if a game went into overtime.

Other than now during the playoffs it feels like the canadian streams are running consistently on a lower resolution. not sure a the exact numbers but it feels like fullhd for nbc and 720p for SN. anyone recognized that or am I imagining smth?

Reactions: Faterson

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
I will be in Japan during the finals, anyone know if the NHL app will work there? I assume it will...

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I apologize if this is written in this thread somewhere but I didn't want to read all 7 pages.

I am trying to cut the cord. My only issue is the NHL Network. I have it with DirecTV and do NOT want to give it up. However, the only streaming source that I can find is Directv Now which has really crappy channel choices for me, or Sling TV's extra sports package. However I do not want Sling - not many channels for me.

What I want is to use Playstation Vue without adding on another $50 for Sling JUST for NHL Network.

My questions...

Does NHL.tv have the NHL Network programming?
What is the cheapest way to get NHL Network from streaming devices?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

slapshot1959

Mar 5, 2013
The NHL Network really stinks. Don't know why you want it
It's not that bad, they have some programming that is hard to find elsewhere, for example the AHL Finals going on right now. Plus international hockey and some minor league games from time to time.

slapshot1959

Mar 5, 2013
I apologize if this is written in this thread somewhere but I didn't want to read all 7 pages.

I am trying to cut the cord. My only issue is the NHL Network. I have it with DirecTV and do NOT want to give it up. However, the only streaming source that I can find is Directv Now which has really crappy channel choices for me, or Sling TV's extra sports package. However I do not want Sling - not many channels for me.

What I want is to use Playstation Vue without adding on another $50 for Sling JUST for NHL Network.

My questions...

Does NHL.tv have the NHL Network programming?
What is the cheapest way to get NHL Network from streaming devices?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

NHL TV does not have it, but it should.
NHL Network is hard to find unless you have Sling TV or Directvnow, and even that you have to be in their grandfathered package (Directvnow) since they dumped a bunch of channels and slimmed down their offerings and raised the price.

Your best bet is Sling TV, relatively affordable. Shouldn't cost $50 for Sling, I think you can get it for $30 plus they have a promo going on now.

There are other ways to get it but not consistently and can't discuss here.

Reactions: clevelandcane

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Is this "illegal" streaming rule going to be reviewed for this upcoming season?

Michael Geist is a good resource for this in Canada anyways, he specializes in copyright laws and says streaming video does not actually involve downloading a copy of the work so it's not illegal. Idk how it is in the US.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Interesting take. I'm in UK, I like the app but we even get blackouts here!

Hoping they make it easier to skip a couple of minutes and intermissions on the app, it's too difficult to specify how far you want to advance by using the time line thing with your finger.

The PS4 is by far the best method to watch NHL TV imo.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Is there any alternative way to watch NHL Network besides from cable? Not with NHL.TV right? It's not on Fubo or anything else I don't think?

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
No chance for those of us overseas, eh? I've been an NHL.tv subscriber for years, it's pretty expensive, and I'm pissed there is no access to NHL Network for us whatsoever, not even to its goddamn talkshows. :mad:

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
No chance for those of us overseas, eh? I've been an NHL.tv subscriber for years, it's pretty expensive, and I'm pissed there is no access to NHL Network for us whatsoever, not even to its goddamn talkshows. :mad:

Well, there are other ways to watch it

Bushay

Aug 2, 2009
Why a separate PW for 2.4 and 5? I use the 5Ghz on my laptop and I am located within about 5 ft from the router.

I am using the Spectrum main modem, but for the wireless router I have a brand new Tenda AC1900 which should be plenty sufficient. I wasn't aware that I could replace the Spectrum main modem though.

I haven't tried to hard wire lately but I have in the past with no noticeable difference. I will try it again though.

Resetting the modem never seemed to help my issue.

I wondered if maybe streaming through my browser is the problem. I have used Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Vivaldi. Nothing seemed to resolve the issue. Is there anything else I can stream through on my computer without having to purchase something? Chrome is what I use lately, since I do not use Chrome for anything besides NHL.TV and have my GTX 1050TI dedicated to Chrome.

If nothing works I guess I will be forced to try upgrading to Spectrums 100mb. I just feel 50mb should be plenty sufficient considering sharing the Internet isn't a concern since only my wife uses it to read books on her kindl. I have ran speed tests and every time I clock in around the advertised 50mbps.

I just feel like my setup is much better than your average hockey fan would have and yet I still can't stream without a glitchyness to it. Projecting it to my TV on a bigger screen makes the problem much more annoying so I pretty much keep it on my laptop. I also have a backup laptop with an I7 4th gen, forget the graphics card, 16GB DDR3, etc. Same problem. Both my computer are very well maintained and run top notch. Can stream literally anything, any other sport, etc flawlessly besides NHL.TV. I'm no advanced computer tech by any means, but I certainly know my way around computers pretty well.
Try moving your Modem/Router a little farther away from your tv or device you're using to stream and see if that doesn't help at all. A router too close can be just as bad if not worse than too far away.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I have watched my Wild and the NHL on NHL Gamecenter Live, now NHL TV, for the past four years.

I always just used my 27" iMac and speakers, or phone. It's always been good enough. We have purposely lived without cable or a TV as to not become couch potatoes.

But, we are getting a TV again.

Are there smart TV's that come with a program that you can download the NHL app or whatever, to then be able to log into your account and watch hockey on say a 55" tv? Is this like Roku, or something? What are the different ones that support something like that? I am old now, I can see.

I remember some years ago it seemed like nothing supported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad