NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by EastonBlues22, Dec 1, 2018.

1. geisterpanthers

geisterpanthers Registered User

Surgeon
    Last 2 years it included the Playoffs!

2. Faterson

Faterson Delayed Live forever Sponsor

lingua, frankly
    The app is completely dead for me right now, no streams work, all devices, both iOS and Android. Submitting feedback via the app doesn't work either ("Submit" button refuses to work). Anyone else experiencing this? No, it's not my Internet connection, everything else works normally.

It says "Free game by Cricket" for most games, but no games work for me. Have they messed up something over this? I have no idea what "Cricket" is, other than the animal or the game. I'm in Central Europe.

3. Preds Partisan

Preds Partisan Gunga galunga

To the above, it's Cricket Wireless and they are sponsoring free games until the end of season for the US.

4. Faterson

lingua, frankly
    It looks like the sponsorship also applies here in Europe? At least for tonight's games as well, every game except for Bruins @ Jackets is shown as "Free Game by Cricket". I could find out by logging out of my account and try watching the games "for free", but I prefer not to experiment needlessly, given the most recent hiccup.

I ended up sending an email to [email protected], and they replied later in the day, telling me to try and access the service again. Everything is fine now. They must have reset things at their end.

Other than the glitch today, the service has been nearly flawless the last couple of seasons for me. I watch on iOS, Android, and Apple TV. (And the annual subscription does include the playoffs here in Europe, with no blackouts in Slovakia the whole season long – knock on wood...)

5. stlblues9

stlblues9 Registered User

I keep getting "Error cannot connect. Please check your network connection and try again". I've been getting this for over a week now and I've uninstalled it and re-installed it numerous times. Has anybody had this before?

6. NTDP

NTDP Registered User

I wonder if that's why they have a new video player for the games this week. Because when I do full screen it doesn't even go "full" screen, it's like a box within a box. Anyone else experiencing that?

7. End of Line

End of Line Registered User

I keep getting the app is being used in a different location, reset password, and still will not connect.

Edit: Works just fine on a web browser :rolleyes:, but not on the XB1 app nor NHL phone app where that message kept popping up.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. Faterson

lingua, frankly
    That's where my sending them the email to [email protected] helped, stating my username/email address. They apparently reset the (faulty) location history at their end, and everything started working normally again for me.

9. SoupGuru

SoupGuru Registered User

I can't watch anything. A PC says media unavailable, my phone says my account is being used at a different location, which it's not. I reset my password. No luck.

Had anyone had this happen to them?

10. SoupGuru

SoupGuru Registered User

It magically started working

11. Faterson

lingua, frankly
    I/we talked about it in the posts literally above yours... It seems to be happening to a quite a few people lately.

12. DrewGl

DrewGl Registered User

Can you watch NHL TV on Apple TV anymore? The app is not there anymore.

13. Ceremony

Ceremony ______________

Home Page:
    Big fan of the new 60FPS player for NHL.TV. Big fan of it finally auto-hiding the cursor when you're full screen.

Extremely big fan of the log-in page opening in a new tab and redirecting to the NHL homepage after logging in, prompting a mad dash to hit CTRL+W quickly enough to not see anything that might be there spoiling the game I'm about to watch.

14. Cap'n Flavour

Cap'n Flavour Registered User

I sent an email to tech support about the various issues over the last week, including being completely unable to watch games through either the Android app or the web apps (neither new nor Flash), and having called customer service twice and waited on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up out of frustration, and their reply is:

"Thank you for your interest in NHL.com App. The NHL App requires a minimum OS of 4.2. Please check the following link for supported devices:

Supported Devices

<more useless info about the 1% of users in the world who still have Android versions older than 4.2>

We welcome your feedback regarding game performance on your device.

If you have any other question you can reach us toll-free number: 800-559-2333 or for International Callers: 1-412-386-2646

We hope you are enjoying the new NHL App,"

Just utterly useless.

15. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Moderator

Sadly I went back to Flash. I need to watch more than one game at a time.

16. beakerboy

beakerboy Registered User

Is there a decent streaming option for playoffs (in the US)?

17. OpAck

OpAck Registered User

Telecommunications
    Yeah, I'm scrambling to figure out how to watch the games myself, and I know it can't be discussed here and all. But NHL.TV is clearly going to blackout the playoffs as games are televised nationally. That's great for those who still have an expensive cable subscription (or subscribe to a streaming service that carries NBCSN/USA/NHL Network). With more and more people cutting the cord, this is becoming an even bigger problem...namely with blackouts (sure NBCSN is available in my area, but doesn't mean I subscribe to a service that carries it). Frustrating.

Faterson and CPTN71 like this.
  18. JJTT

JJTT Registered User

Is the option to cast in Chromecast supposed to be available somewhere(on pc, chrome-browser)? Can't see it with the new player.

It's a joke how hard they have made it to watch good quality streams in Europe. Quality from Viaplay streams is just awful compared to NHLTV.

19. Deadpool8812

Deadpool8812 Registered User

Weird. Playoff games are available on Rogers Live here in Canada...at least they are tonight

20. SM17

SM17 Registered User

From what I recall, no playoff games are blacked out because they are all aired on sportsnet/cbc which does not black out the regional games.

21. SM17

SM17 Registered User

Anyone figure this out? It was nice being able to just sift through the time stamps to watch good shots, saves, goals and hits...

22. Deadpool8812

Deadpool8812 Registered User

Rogers Live was never available during the playoffs here in Canada. I know it wasn't last year

23. SM17

SM17 Registered User

Maybe I am confusing what you are saying but it most certainly was available during the playoffs last year... I would come home after games and re-watch the game I was just at and all the other games.

24. saska sault

saska sault Registered User

Anyone notice the leafs and Bruins feeds both being very subpar? Good internet connection and every other streaming app is basically HD.

25. EurlichBachman

EurlichBachman Registered User

If you're trying to watch playoff games it might not be a bad idea to sign up for one of the streaming services Directv NOW, Sling, Hulu, etc.. A lot have free trials and you pay month to month so it would be easy to pay for it for a month or 2 and then just cancel when the playoffs end. I know Directv NOW has all the channels necessary for the playoffs.