NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
No, this is not true. It didn't include the Playoffs for the last 3 years, so I don't expect that this is different this year.

Additionally, text says "watch the battle for the playoffs for USD 19,99". @Malagahawks : Don't expect the playoffs to be included for those 20 bucks.

Last 2 years it included the Playoffs!

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The app is completely dead for me right now, no streams work, all devices, both iOS and Android. Submitting feedback via the app doesn't work either ("Submit" button refuses to work). Anyone else experiencing this? No, it's not my Internet connection, everything else works normally.

It says "Free game by Cricket" for most games, but no games work for me. Have they messed up something over this? I have no idea what "Cricket" is, other than the animal or the game. I'm in Central Europe.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
To the above, it's Cricket Wireless and they are sponsoring free games until the end of season for the US.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It looks like the sponsorship also applies here in Europe? At least for tonight's games as well, every game except for Bruins @ Jackets is shown as "Free Game by Cricket". I could find out by logging out of my account and try watching the games "for free", but I prefer not to experiment needlessly, given the most recent hiccup.

I ended up sending an email to [email protected], and they replied later in the day, telling me to try and access the service again. Everything is fine now. They must have reset things at their end.

Other than the glitch today, the service has been nearly flawless the last couple of seasons for me. I watch on iOS, Android, and Apple TV. (And the annual subscription does include the playoffs here in Europe, with no blackouts in Slovakia the whole season long – knock on wood...)

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I keep getting "Error cannot connect. Please check your network connection and try again". I've been getting this for over a week now and I've uninstalled it and re-installed it numerous times. Has anybody had this before?

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I wonder if that's why they have a new video player for the games this week. Because when I do full screen it doesn't even go "full" screen, it's like a box within a box. Anyone else experiencing that?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I keep getting "Error cannot connect. Please check your network connection and try again". I've been getting this for over a week now and I've uninstalled it and re-installed it numerous times. Has anybody had this before?

I keep getting the app is being used in a different location, reset password, and still will not connect.

Edit: Works just fine on a web browser :rolleyes:, but not on the XB1 app nor NHL phone app where that message kept popping up.

Last edited:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I can't watch anything. A PC says media unavailable, my phone says my account is being used at a different location, which it's not. I reset my password. No luck.

Had anyone had this happen to them?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I can't watch anything. A PC says media unavailable, my phone says my account is being used at a different location, which it's not. I reset my password. No luck.

Had anyone had this happen to them?
It magically started working

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Big fan of the new 60FPS player for NHL.TV. Big fan of it finally auto-hiding the cursor when you're full screen.

Extremely big fan of the log-in page opening in a new tab and redirecting to the NHL homepage after logging in, prompting a mad dash to hit CTRL+W quickly enough to not see anything that might be there spoiling the game I'm about to watch.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I sent an email to tech support about the various issues over the last week, including being completely unable to watch games through either the Android app or the web apps (neither new nor Flash), and having called customer service twice and waited on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up out of frustration, and their reply is:

"Thank you for your interest in NHL.com App. The NHL App requires a minimum OS of 4.2. Please check the following link for supported devices:

Supported Devices

<more useless info about the 1% of users in the world who still have Android versions older than 4.2>

We welcome your feedback regarding game performance on your device.

If you have any other question you can reach us toll-free number: 800-559-2333 or for International Callers: 1-412-386-2646

We hope you are enjoying the new NHL App,"

Just utterly useless.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Yeah, I'm scrambling to figure out how to watch the games myself, and I know it can't be discussed here and all. But NHL.TV is clearly going to blackout the playoffs as games are televised nationally. That's great for those who still have an expensive cable subscription (or subscribe to a streaming service that carries NBCSN/USA/NHL Network). With more and more people cutting the cord, this is becoming an even bigger problem...namely with blackouts (sure NBCSN is available in my area, but doesn't mean I subscribe to a service that carries it). Frustrating.

Reactions: Faterson and CPTN71

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Is the option to cast in Chromecast supposed to be available somewhere(on pc, chrome-browser)? Can't see it with the new player.

It's a joke how hard they have made it to watch good quality streams in Europe. Quality from Viaplay streams is just awful compared to NHLTV.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Weird. Playoff games are available on Rogers Live here in Canada...at least they are tonight

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Weird. Playoff games are available on Rogers Live here in Canada...at least they are tonight

From what I recall, no playoff games are blacked out because they are all aired on sportsnet/cbc which does not black out the regional games.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
The new player is much better in terms of performance, but there doesn't appear to be any timestamps to click to go to goals. Anyone know if you can turn this on?

Anyone figure this out? It was nice being able to just sift through the time stamps to watch good shots, saves, goals and hits...

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
From what I recall, no playoff games are blacked out because they are all aired on sportsnet/cbc which does not black out the regional games.

Rogers Live was never available during the playoffs here in Canada. I know it wasn't last year

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Rogers Live was never available during the playoffs here in Canada. I know it wasn't last year

Maybe I am confusing what you are saying but it most certainly was available during the playoffs last year... I would come home after games and re-watch the game I was just at and all the other games.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
If you're trying to watch playoff games it might not be a bad idea to sign up for one of the streaming services Directv NOW, Sling, Hulu, etc.. A lot have free trials and you pay month to month so it would be easy to pay for it for a month or 2 and then just cancel when the playoffs end. I know Directv NOW has all the channels necessary for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->