NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rho

May 30, 2011
I just went on right now and I can't view my subscription either. I got the email about my renewal but whenever I try to view my account it tells me "You do not have an active NHL.TV™ subscription. To learn more about NHL.TV™, please visit subscribe.nhl.com.". When I click the link it takes me to an endless loop of logging in and them telling me I don't have a subscription lol

There appear to be multiple disjoint account types that get you access to NHL.TV. I originally signed up through Rogers (when it was a "free" add-on to your cell plan), so I have a Rogers NHL Live account. That is a distinctly different account than an nhl.com account (which also lets you purchase subscriptions). Whatever account you buy through, you will only be able to access your subscription through that account.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
There appear to be multiple disjoint account types that get you access to NHL.TV. I originally signed up through Rogers (when it was a "free" add-on to your cell plan), so I have a Rogers NHL Live account. That is a distinctly different account than an nhl.com account (which also lets you purchase subscriptions). Whatever account you buy through, you will only be able to access your subscription through that account.
I don't know what other account it would be referring to as i only signed up once to subscribe to NHL.tv

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The NHL.TV auto renewal triggered a fraud alert this a.m. on my card. It was for the wrong amount ($10 too much) and apparently it attempted multiple charges so my bank denied the transactions.

Anyway, may be an isolated event on my part, but I'd recommend you monitor your account since today is the day your account will be charged.

Reactions: OddyOh

Briannj1970

Jan 15, 2005
I don't know what other account it would be referring to as i only signed up once to subscribe to NHL.tv

I've got the same thing too. Got the email about auto renew, can sign in but cannot view any archived games. Maybe it's got something to do with billing day today.

Last edited:

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
When did they start charging tax on the purchase , I see where tax was included as my credit card was charged more than the price. Maybe I just haven't been paying close attention , as I see amazon and steam now charge tax on purchase. Ah, the good old days where no tax was charged on online purchases

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Bought a Firestick to watch on TV this year, looking forward to it and going to do the same for AHLtv

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
So can anyone actually get in to there account to cancel or change anything? I could never get in and it charged my card. Fix you f***ing site NHL.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Was pretty bummed when I couldn’t watch the flames playoff games here in MN on the app. Still worth the money for the ease during regular season.

Streamed the playoffs off Reddit links but there’s always the risk of interruptions and link crashing etc.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So can anyone actually get in to there account to cancel or change anything? I could never get in and it charged my card. Fix you ****ing site NHL.
I was having the same issue last week. Only option it gave me was to choose between monthly and yearly payment.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
You know for as much as they charge for the package you should be able to watch NHL network through the app. I’d watch it but I don’t want to pay the highest tier price on most streaming services to have my local FSNs and NHl network

Reactions: CPTN71 and Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Yeah, it allows me to watch last night's game from Vegas in the archives. I suppose it was also available live.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
You know for as much as they charge for the package you should be able to watch NHL network through the app. I’d watch it but I don’t want to pay the highest tier price on most streaming services to have my local FSNs and NHl network
Agreed. Sucks YouTube TV doesn't carry it either (for me) ..

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
Are preseason games scheduled on NHL.tv?
The games that are televised are shown on nhl tv, problem is not all teams televise their preseason games, sometimes Montreal pre-season games are only shown with the French feed, but in regular season there will be always an English feed

Aug 10, 2015
I saw that TSN 3 showed "Blackout in effect" where the Oilers / Jets game would be....so I paid for my annual subscription last night thinking that would solve the problem...only to see today that "Feed unavailable" on NHL Gamecenter.

It bothers me that I am willing to pay for a service that I cannot get.

Funny part is that my subscription will auto renew next year when the lockout happens and no one will be able to watch anything.

Dylan Withers

Mar 3, 2019
I saw that TSN 3 showed "Blackout in effect" where the Oilers / Jets game would be....so I paid for my annual subscription last night thinking that would solve the problem...only to see today that "Feed unavailable" on NHL Gamecenter.

It bothers me that I am willing to pay for a service that I cannot get.

Funny part is that my subscription will auto renew next year when the lockout happens and no one will be able to watch anything.

They confirmed today there will not be a lockout next season. If you are in a blackout area for the game it isn't going to be viewable on nhl gamecenter.

Aug 10, 2015
They confirmed today there will not be a lockout next season. If you are in a blackout area for the game it isn't going to be viewable on nhl gamecenter.

Which in my translation.....if I could watch the game....I could watch the game. Since I cannot watch the game, I cannot watch the game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Just bought an LG Smart TV. Haven’t quite figured out if I can install an NHL Gamecenter app on this. I hope I don’t need an Apple TV device connected to the TV to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->