NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Are there smart TV's that come with a program that you can download the NHL app or whatever, to then be able to log into your account and watch hockey on say a 55" tv? Is this like Roku, or something? What are the different ones that support something like that? I am old now, I can see.

You can buy an Apple TV device (looks like an enlarged hockey puck; no iPhone or iPad required) and connect it to your TV. Or, you can connect a regular computer to your TV. Both works for me for watching NHL.tv on my large TV set.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I have watched my Wild and the NHL on NHL Gamecenter Live, now NHL TV, for the past four years.

I always just used my 27" iMac and speakers, or phone. It's always been good enough. We have purposely lived without cable or a TV as to not become couch potatoes.

But, we are getting a TV again.

Are there smart TV's that come with a program that you can download the NHL app or whatever, to then be able to log into your account and watch hockey on say a 55" tv? Is this like Roku, or something? What are the different ones that support something like that? I am old now, I can see.

I remember some years ago it seemed like nothing supported it.

I use chromecast and stream it on my tv from my phone or iPad. Works perfectly if you have a good internet connection

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte

yes, any smart tv with a supported platform built in (i.e. a TCL Roku TV) will allow you to stream NHL.TV. You could also get a dumb tv (although they are increasingly harder to find) and get a separate device to plug into an hdmi port (Roku, Chromecast, firestick, AppleTV) and that works as well.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Just got an email from NHL.tv, saying my automatic renewal is set up to $144.99 "on or about" September 13th.

I've turned off automatic renewal in the past, but apparently they just turn it right back on for you - how convenient!

Figured I'd rather pay when I'm ready, the link they provide you to cancel automatic renewal results in:

nhl.jpg

Thanks NHL! Always so good doing business with you!

User experience, customer service, always just top notch.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
You can buy an Apple TV device (looks like an enlarged hockey puck; no iPhone or iPad required) and connect it to your TV. Or, you can connect a regular computer to your TV. Both works for me for watching NHL.tv on my large TV set.
For those on a budget, Roku's 4K streaming boxes are much less expensive than an Apple TV 4K. I have both, and while I prefer the ATV4K, the Roku units work fine for about 1/4th the price.

Reactions: Faterson

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Last season Chromecast had 60 FPS streaming which looks great (when it works) but the web app didn't. However, the Chromecast app barely had any time controls, forcing you to watch live.

If they actually fix these issues it might be worth paying for, otherwise you're better off with a free stream.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Did they raise the price this year. If so, and it's the same product (Annoying commercials and all), it might be worth just sticking with NBCSN, NHL Network and maybe getting ESPN +

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Just got an email from NHL.tv, saying my automatic renewal is set up to $144.99 "on or about" September 13th.

I've turned off automatic renewal in the past, but apparently they just turn it right back on for you - how convenient!

Figured I'd rather pay when I'm ready, the link they provide you to cancel automatic renewal results in:

nhl.jpg

Thanks NHL! Always so good doing business with you!

User experience, customer service, always just top notch.

Phew I thought it was just me. I'll be calling them tomorrow and cancelling for this year.

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
Just got my email that stated We're pleased to notify you of the automatic renewal of your student and military discounted annual subscription to the NHL.TV™ All Access Yearly Package, priced at USD $94.24 (35% off of the regular price of $144.99). We'll take care of everything and there is no action required to continue your current subscription.
That's pretty good I thought I was going to have to verify all over again like I had to last year when signing up, I even had to upload a course I was taking as they could not find me thru my school.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Last season Chromecast had 60 FPS streaming which looks great (when it works) but the web app didn't. However, the Chromecast app barely had any time controls, forcing you to watch live.

If they actually fix these issues it might be worth paying for, otherwise you're better off with a free stream.

That's weird, perhaps its the platform. I had no issues like this with AppleTV/Roku/Firestick. The most annoying time thing I saw was during period breaks I would put something else on, but when I'd switch back to the game for the start of the next period it would default me to where I left off and I would have to manually select "Go to Live". Even that could be a user preference I suppose, but I just never tried messing with anything.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
is it just me or is it impossible to go into nhl.tv and view your subscription to alter or even cancel it? I've not even received a renewal email yet. All their links seem to end on some stupid page where you cant accomplish anything.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Mines having the same issue as everyone else. The They send you a renewal notification but when I log in it says I don’t have a subscription. Has anybody called yet and seen what was up.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Its a chore just to check into your account and settings. I was looking into how to change payment options and got lost in the clutter BS of a website they have...

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
is it just me or is it impossible to go into nhl.tv and view your subscription to alter or even cancel it? I've not even received a renewal email yet. All their links seem to end on some stupid page where you cant accomplish anything.
I just went on right now and I can't view my subscription either. I got the email about my renewal but whenever I try to view my account it tells me "You do not have an active NHL.TV™ subscription. To learn more about NHL.TV™, please visit subscribe.nhl.com.". When I click the link it takes me to an endless loop of logging in and them telling me I don't have a subscription lol

Reactions: Preds Partisan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad