NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Anyone having issues with gamecenter and Chromecast? I can pull up games on my phone but when I cast them to my tv I get the notification saying my account as been accessed in another place. I changed the password and still the same thing. I've done it this way for years without any issue...

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Anyone know how to delete saved Credit Card information from the NHL site (they show they have saved CC information when you go to purchase NHL.tv)?

I can log into my account and go to settings, but I don't see the ability to do much of anything.

This site infuriates me. Just dropped $144 for NHL.tv and no doubt will have to go through some sort of landing page every time I want to watch a game (while logged in) trying to sell me NHL.tv.

SpaethCo

Sep 17, 2009
Anyone know how to delete saved Credit Card information from the NHL site (they show they have saved CC information when you go to purchase NHL.tv)?
I just had to go through this process. Check out how deep they buried this:

1) Go to nhl.com, log in.
2) Hover over the blue NHL.tv tab, click on "Support"
3) Under "Billing Information" click the "Learn More" button
4) Under "Payment methods" select "How to update your account information"
5) Click the + to expand the "How to update your account information" section
6) The last sentence is "To update your payment info, please click here." Click on "here" and it will finally take you to the saved payment details.

You can only delete old payment information, your current default payment method cannot be removed.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

6) The last sentence is "To update your payment info, please click here." Click on "here" and it will finally take you to the saved payment details.

You can only delete old payment information, your current default payment method cannot be removed.

I might prefer having my identity stolen than going through all of that. That has to be bordering on illegal, holy smokes.

:) Thanks for typing that out! I appreciate it.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

Also, on tablet (or even in a browser that makes the website operate like a tablet) the hover state over NHL.tv isn't active on a click. Meaning, there is not a drop down, it takes the person (already logged in) to a page to... log in.

NHL... I'm a UX designer. Hire me for a month, please. Reduced rate just so I don't have to deal with how poorly you are doing these things...

Reactions: OddyOh

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Turns out I have 3 primary cards listed, meaning, I can't delete any of them.

Thanks NHL.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anyone having issues with gamecenter and Chromecast? I can pull up games on my phone but when I cast them to my tv I get the notification saying my account as been accessed in another place. I changed the password and still the same thing. I've done it this way for years without any issue...
Yes , I’m having the same issue with Chromecast . I had zero issues using Roku last year .

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
I have been on hold for assistance for over an hour - no NHLTV tonight. Just a login screen and request to change password 5 times. Seems too early to already have problems. Edit - when I got through they did help me make it work.

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Decided to go with NHL Live again this year. Had freezing issues with every game last night. Two of my buddies had the same issue.

A few days into preseason and I’m already reminded why I cancelled NHL Live a few years back and went with Centre Ice through Cogeco the past few years..

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Having the same pleasant experience I've had EVERY SINGLE YEAR I've had NHL.tv. Every time it goes to commercial the feed drops and starts buffering. It may go away for a while but it always comes back. It's happened on multiple devices, I've rebooted reinstalled and it doesn't help. Next year I may just have to find another option because I'm tired of trying to do the right thing and getting kicked in the teeth every year.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX

YES!!! Goddamn. This started during the last week of the regular season last year. I was kind of able to work around it by using a different sequence on how I would get from streaming on my phone to casting to my TV. Surely thought by last night the issue wouldn't rear it's head again but nope. Got the same error when trying to cast it. I even changed my password before even trying to cast. It would work for a few minutes but once the game went to commercial the game froze and then I got all the issues. I called, got through, and went through all the typical troubleshooting measures but to no avail. I even went and bought a new Chromecast and an Apple TV. The new Chromecast didn't work and by the time I got the Apple TV set up the game was over. So I will cross my fingers Apple TV works tomorrow. So f***ing frustrating.

That all said I'm at least relieved that I'm not the only one this is happening to out there.
EEx_Qq2XUAAG7XO
EEx_Qq2XUAAG7XO

]

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Alright, I will be the one to ask the dumb question.... Any idea if that would work with Shaw since they are kind of the same?

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
For those of you watching preseason games, how has the live feed time delay been?

So far (in the web browser) it seems vastly improved, I haven't been getting Twitter spoiling goals 45 seconds before I see them. But I've been fooled in the past. And I haven't really checked out the PS4 app much this year.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
When people here complain about buffering etc are they watch on their tv or their laptop/tablet/phone?

With the above code I have NHL Live down to $155 against $240 for Centre Ice. Never once had an issue with CI on my tv. Is it worth the change to save $85? I will also have to always log in to my Roku when watching whilst CI is just another string of tv channels.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad