NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was hoping you guys could help me because Rogers is clueless.

I'm thinking of purchasing the 60 dollar french package, which allows me access to 60 regional habs games.

This leaves 22 national habs games. I can't seems to find anywhere the channel that these habs games will be televised on.

My concern is that I live in an area with very rigid options, and I recently cut sportsnet 1 and sportsnet 360 because of this.

Is there a way I can find out whether I will be served all national habs games if I I have CBC/City/and regular sportsnet?

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
My Roku won't remember my nhl.tv login info, prompts to enter email/password every time I launch the NHL channel. Anyone experiences the same?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
YES!!! Goddamn. This started during the last week of the regular season last year. I was kind of able to work around it by using a different sequence on how I would get from streaming on my phone to casting to my TV. Surely thought by last night the issue wouldn't rear it's head again but nope. Got the same error when trying to cast it. I even changed my password before even trying to cast. It would work for a few minutes but once the game went to commercial the game froze and then I got all the issues. I called, got through, and went through all the typical troubleshooting measures but to no avail. I even went and bought a new Chromecast and an Apple TV. The new Chromecast didn't work and by the time I got the Apple TV set up the game was over. So I will cross my fingers Apple TV works tomorrow. So ****ing frustrating.

That all said I'm at least relieved that I'm not the only one this is happening to out there.
EEx_Qq2XUAAG7XO
EEx_Qq2XUAAG7XO

]

Did AppleTV work? I get this error message (that says {appName} in it lol) using chromecast. Their tech support suggested I reinstall the app on chromecast...which doesn't have apps...

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
My Roku won't remember my nhl.tv login info, prompts to enter email/password every time I launch the NHL channel. Anyone experiences the same?
I had not logged in to my account via my Roku Ultra since early last season (I usually use my Apple TV 4K), but I was still logged in when I tried it last week to watch a game. I did not need to re-enter my userid / password.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I feel like every year GC adds some new terrible twist that makes it less and less usable.

How is it that even with “No Spoilers” turned on I can still see the goal scorers RIGHT below the video pane in the viewing window. Kind of a big “spoiler”.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Excuse me if it had already been talked about as I'm out of the loop but is the free Rogers nhltv over with? I had it last year here in N.b with my package.:cry:

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I can't even find Rogers Centre Ice for this upcoming season. It looks like it's either the Super Spots pack or NHL Live.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Looking like Dish/Fox/FSN are at it again. Hope they stop acting like children in time for the start of the season next week (I'm assuming this will affect those of us with Center Ice on Dish).

So tired of dealing with this every couple years. Had Directv several years ago and switched because they did the same thing.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't even find Rogers Centre Ice for this upcoming season. It looks like it's either the Super Spots pack or NHL Live.

I think center ice is not affiliated with Rogers.

I find it odd that you don't have it available. Who is your provider?

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I'd love to see a better scan function on the NHLTV app, you should be able to forward straight to start of each period on devices like you can on PS4..

Reactions: OddyOh

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Looking like Dish/Fox/FSN are at it again. Hope they stop acting like children in time for the start of the season next week (I'm assuming this will affect those of us with Center Ice on Dish).

So tired of dealing with this every couple years. Had Directv several years ago and switched because they did the same thing.
I had DISH Network for a season, and as you mentioned there was a conflict with FOX Sports which messed up the NHL Center Ice...I dropped them like a bad habit, and 2 days later I had DirecTV installed...Never had an issue these past 14 seasons, and have both home/away feeds in HD (sumthin DISH never had).

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Anyone know if there will be a free preview the first week or so on NHL.tv?

Gonna be travelling so won't be blacked out for the opener but rest of the games I'll be in market and it doesn't make sense. Thanks!

Ed Ennui

Sep 16, 2018
Memphis
Anyone know if there will be a free preview the first week or so on NHL.tv?

Gonna be travelling so won't be blacked out for the opener but rest of the games I'll be in market and it doesn't make sense. Thanks!

Center Ice on cable/satellite TV always has a free one week preview at the beginning of the season, but historically NHL.tv has not. You can get a few one week preview of ESPN+, which has one game per night from NHL.tv. But odds are low that you would get the game you want to watch.

Edit: actually looked at the ESPN+ schedule, and it will be showing two games per night, one early and one late West Coast game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
Center Ice on cable/satellite TV always has a free one week preview at the beginning of the season, but historically NHL.tv has not. You can get a few one week preview of ESPN+, which has one game per night from NHL.tv. But odds are low that you would get the game you want to watch.

Edit: actually looked at the ESPN+ schedule, and it will be showing two games per night, one early and one late West Coast game.
As an experiment, I signed for ESPN+ a couple of weeks ago for $40 per year, should provide better value than NHL.TV. One can say NHL.TV has more games, but also many more blackouts for the teams I want to watch, and is much more expensive, even with student discount.

Ed Ennui

Sep 16, 2018
Memphis
Unless you have to watch your out of town team play all its games, ESPN+ is a really good deal. Two hockey games most nights and all the other sports as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad