League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Do you mean the Central and the Metro are very close? The Pacific is hot garbage. Their division leader would be 6th in the Metro and not in the playoffs (currently). Even then, the 4th place team in the Central would be 8th in the Metro.

It's the Metro, a giant gap, and then three trash divisions.

No the Central isn't close. 3 runaway teams and then Nashville and Winnipeg fighting with Pacific for wildcard spots.
Yes Pacific is crap but up until about 2 weeks ago there were 5 teams all within 2 points of each other. It's widened to 8 points since then.
So I am saying yes there is league-wide parity but it's not divisional parity.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
First time all season the Bolts have gone three games without a point, that should change tonight against the Hawks but still. Pens have lost four in a row for the first time all season, they will be ok once they get their two dmen back.

So many lineup changes can mess with the locker room for a bit.

For reference here the Caps have not gone three games in a row without getting a point all season. #fireTodd

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Something is sure going on. Its that time of year maybe. From Carolina to the Caps in the Metro every team has a record no better than the Caps over the past 10 games except the 7-3 Flyers.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Getting to be a big logjam, and judging from all the Last 10's looks like no one wants in but PHI and Rainjahs

Qo0K4Zs.jpg

Jun 15, 2007
Funny how everyone poopoo'd Nashville hiring Hynes but the team was in the basement and now in a playoff position.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Oh damn. I had no idea that Columbus is doing that bad right now. 1-4-5?? Hopefully this means we don't see them.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
to be fair thats a normal record for a wildcard team, the east is just weirdly strong this year.

I suppose. I will say that outside of the Blues, and a healthy Avs team to a lesser extent, every team in the West looks like an easy win for the Blues. Even Dallas just seems to lack the scoring to scare anyone.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I suppose. I will say that outside of the Blues, and a healthy Avs team to a lesser extent, every team in the West looks like an easy win for the Blues. Even Dallas just seems to lack the scoring to scare anyone.

Don't forget Vegas, they're heating up at the right time.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Say anything you want but Caps on cruise control are getting injured less often. Part of it was Panik being accidentally hit by Siege, right?

Also Reirden said after last game that they are still in a slump and no way it has ended yet.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I don't know how they've hung on this long honestly:

View attachment 327859

Wow, there was a time 10-15 years ago when the Caps regularly lead the league in man games lost to injury. Now they are tops? Knock on wood this good fortune continues when it matters. The Cup team got very good health, we will need it again.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Guys, when it's considered the right moment to get hot for playoffs? 5/10/15 games before the start?

Capitals’ struggles bear striking similarity to midseason travails of 2018 Cup winners

In their championship season, the Caps played so badly at times that their coach was, twice, on the verge of being fired. Then from Dec. 22 through Feb. 22, they went 12-14, just in terms of wins and losses, just as, this season, from Dec. 23 through Feb. 22, they went 11-13, just counting wins and losses. In 2018, they didn’t truly wake up until their final 15 games (12-3), a burst that launched them toward a place in hockey history.

So the actual answer is final 15.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Guys, when it's considered the right moment to get hot for playoffs? 5/10/15 games before the start?
That's the Million Dollar Question, and if anyone knew, they'd be winning several Cups in a row

There's no magical 'flip the switch' as many teams learn every year so I hope it's somehow over the course of these last 19 that the Caps gradually get it together; exactly when I don't know, and I don't think it matters if they win/lose the last few games as long as they figure out by game 82 the effort it takes/the attention to detail/the sacrifice to reach Gung-f***ing-Ho status

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Say anything you want but Caps on cruise control are getting injured less often. Part of it was Panik being accidentally hit by Siege, right?

Also Reirden said after last game that they are still in a slump and no way it has ended yet.

You don't fall off your game and find a slump and then immediately jump out of it and back on your game. It comes back in stages. They found their compete against the Penguins. They fought thru blowing the 3-0 lead to the Jets. A solid effort tonight is a 3 game win streak. One step at a time

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Rangers are super hot to, they could knock Canes out of the playoffs... that'd be nice.

I would rather play a struggling Canes than a smoking hot team. As the Rangers get into the playoff race they will start seeing fewer back up goalies and life will get harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad