League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Boston just traded their first, a prospect, and David Backes to Anaheim for Ondrej Kase. Kreider to Colorado a done deal? Can't imagine Boston could get Kreider without their first going to the Rangers.

Well they had to give up the first to get out of the Backes contract (just like Marleau's deal), the actual deal is really the prospect for Kase.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Rangers are now only 4 points out of the playoffs and given how the Canes are playing and Blue Jackets ever worsening injuries they have a very good chance of sneaking in.

I would be very surprised if Kreider gets moved.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Is it correct that the ONLY number retired by the league is 99?

66 is available but nobody wears it out of respect to Mario??
69 is available but only 2 players have ever worn it. The last player to do so was....drum roll. Mel Angelstad AKA "Mel the Mangler" of the Washington Capitals back in 2003-2004 :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is it correct that the ONLY number retired by the league is 99?

66 is available but nobody wears it out of respect to Mario??

cut.jpg

He switched to #26 this season and hasn't been seen in the NHL since.

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
He switched to #26 this season and hasn't been seen in the NHL since.

Ah yes - Mr Ho Sang. The man with the ego. Guys like this are their own worst enemy. No surprise he disappeared from sight once Barry took over the Isles. I can't imagine Trotz would have much
time for him :laugh:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Eakin is pretty bad, when he is actually healthy. He sure picked the wrong year to start sucking.
One former Capital (Stephenson) evidently nudged out another former Capital (Eakin). Of course Eakin's salary (3.8) was part of the reason as well. Stephenson's a RFA currently making a little north of 1, so I wouldn't be surprised that he's looking at some of the 3.8 Eakin salary coming his way next season.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
One former Capital (Stephenson) evidently nudged out another former Capital (Eakin). Of course Eakin's salary (3.8) was part of the reason as well. Stephenson's a RFA currently making a little north of 1, so I wouldn't be surprised that he's looking at some of the 3.8 Eakin salary coming his way next season.

Yep, he and Burkovsky are probably gonna get both get paid this off-season. Then we will see what they are actually made of.

I'm oddly proud of our little Capitals cast-offs having success around the NHL.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yep, he and Burkovsky are probably gonna get both get paid this off-season. Then we will see what they are actually made of.

I'm oddly proud of our little Capitals cast-offs having success around the NHL.
They had the talent it's just the opportunity did not exist in the top 6 for them, nor did it exist at the center spot for Stephenson except maybe as a 4C.

Wow! Burakovsky's numbers are quite impressive now, 20 G 25 A in 57 games. Wouldn't be surprised that he's looking at 5 perhaps more for his next contract as he's currently at 3.25.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
They had the talent it's just the opportunity did not exist in the top 6 for them, nor did it exist at the center spot for Stephenson except maybe as a 4C.

Wow! Burakovsky's numbers are quite impressive now, 20 G 25 A in 57 games. Wouldn't be surprised that he's looking at 5 perhaps more for his next contract as he's currently at 3.25.

Caps did him a real solid by trading him to a team where he could flourish offensively. Not to mention Denver Colordao is a great city to live in.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Love Bura ever since I found out we shared the same birthday, but can’t wait to see him get $5+ million and watch everyone’s heads explode when he comes back down to reality

dude is scoring at near 20% shooting percentage.....only 6 points higher than his career average!

very happy for him, but that next deal will be interesting.....hope they give him the farm!

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
f*ckyeahemergencygoaltender alert for Carolina.

Wow and we think our team is playing bad. 42 year old Zamboni driver in goal for the Canes and Leafs are losing 3-5 :laugh: f*** that's hilarious

Dubas: "I don't care if we're over the cap. We are signing that Zamboni driver as our backup!"
Leafs ownership: "Okay do it"

Edit: omg it's now 3-6
Another edit: Dubas just looked at his phone, then got up and walked out of the box. LMAO. Would be hilarious if he just got fired.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
See no matter how bad you feel as a Caps fan you will never feel as low as Leafs fans must feel right now.

There is rock bottom and then there is what I just witnessed in Toronto. They just lost to a friggin' zamboni driver.

Forty years to the date later, Miracle on Ice II.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Tell ya what...the Rongos keep Kreider and the playoff race will get pretty interesting.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad