League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Leafs have given up 3 goals to the Panthers before te game is 13 minutes old. Panthers can tie Leafs for 3rd if they win

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Capitals’ struggles bear striking similarity to midseason travails of 2018 Cup winners

In their championship season, the Caps played so badly at times that their coach was, twice, on the verge of being fired. Then from Dec. 22 through Feb. 22, they went 12-14, just in terms of wins and losses, just as, this season, from Dec. 23 through Feb. 22, they went 11-13, just counting wins and losses. In 2018, they didn’t truly wake up until their final 15 games (12-3), a burst that launched them toward a place in hockey history.

So the actual answer is final 15.

Nah, this can't be right... I was told Barry Trotz would never let our recent slump happen and if he was still coaching we'd be undefeated and every loss is all Rierden's fault.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Nah. No one really wanted him. It was just a rumour that people discussed.

Right?? RIGHT????

Heh, I found a few people who didn't actually object, but one person definitely advocated for bringing him back, for the HF entertainment factor only:

I'd want green back for the simple fact we can bring back the how many marijuanas scale. Lol

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
No points for Hurricanes, Blue Jackets and Rangers. 2 for Flyers who are getting close.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Canes lose in regulation. Crazy that seven teams in the Metro are in the top 10 in the conference right now.

Kreider broke his foot tonight so you figure New York will tumble, and the Blooj are cooked, so I think Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, the Islanders, and Carolina get in.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Reading the Pens GDT and they want Sullivan fired and Gallant hired :laugh:
Sounds familiar.

I am also glad the guy who is doing their GDT's doesn't frequent our board anymore. All the GIFS and clips and songs and stats and crap. Just pointless clutter. Must be a generational thing that grumpy old men like me don't understand.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sounds familiar.

I am also glad the guy who is doing their GDT's doesn't frequent our board anymore. All the GIFS and clips and songs and stats and crap. Just pointless clutter. Must be a generational thing that grumpy old men like me don't understand.

That dude started the Jets GDT on their board last night. He REALLY likes hockey. :laugh:

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Sounds familiar.

A humble thread title and the starting lineup tweet from Samantha is good enough for me. Don't understand all the bells and whistles. :dunno:

Reactions: Sam Spade and Heath

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Canes lose in regulation. Crazy that seven teams in the Metro are in the top 10 in the conference right now.

Kreider broke his foot tonight so you figure New York will tumble, and the Blooj are cooked, so I think Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, the Islanders, and Carolina get in.

Why Blue Jackets are cooked? Canes are without an NHL goalie right now. I don’t think they get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad