League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
From a roster perspective, definitely don't agree. Tampa is far more talented than Pittsburgh -- or anyone else for that matter -- and Boston is better on paper (assuming everyone is healthy), and I'd put the Caps roster above Pittsburgh's if everyone is playing to their potential. Also, Tristan Jarry is also playing at an insane level as he is sporting a .930 save % (best in the league) so we'll see if he continues playing like a Vezina winner.

That said, it's all about execution and if you're talking about a team being best overall as in they have a coach with a system in place where every player on that team buys into their role then yeah, I'm not sure there's anyone above Pittsburgh, at least not at the moment. It seems to me like this is Tampa's year but Pittsburgh taking it wouldn't surprise me.

You might want to rethink the goaltending. Murray has a 929 save percentage in his last 8 starts (hey I'm not happy about it I'm just stating the facts).
Pens know how to win Cup(s). Bolts don't. That is an intangible quality that can't be disregarded (hey I'm not happy about it either, again it's just the reality).

I thought last year was Tampa's year?? Or was it the year before? (Sarcasm aside, I think you are more right than wrong. They aren't getting bundled out in the 1st round this year).

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Also I take all of Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington in a matchup against Tampa.

Kucherov is a loser, Vasya is good but something is off with him too.

Tampa could hope for these teams to lose in the 1st but they all wont and Tampa could lose too themselves.

Hopefully Caps arent doods in this company.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Also, cant admire Pens roster. Because after 1st round and several games against Caps heavy guys it wont be the same roster 100%.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Also, cant admire Pens roster. Because after 1st round and several games against Caps heavy guys it wont be the same roster 100%.

I can't stand the Pens and I don't "admire" their roster. I respect the skill, the depth, and the accomplishments of their roster.
It's delusional to pretend we have solved them because we finally beat them in a playoff series and won a Cup. This is a new season and they are every bit as dangerous as they have ever been.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was watching the Leafs/Pens game and you can really see how much the Leafs miss Kadri.

I realize he screwed up royally the last two playoffs and I get why they felt they should trade him but they didn't replace his "heart and soul" play with anyone and man does it show.

The captain is a robot, Marner has passion but it's not like he can throw a big hit or do anything to change the tide of a game at his size. Matthews is a beast but he lacks passion as well.

They will get rick-rolled IF they make the playoffs.

Jun 15, 2007
Also I take all of Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington in a matchup against Tampa.

Kucherov is a loser, Vasya is good but something is off with him too.

Tampa could hope for these teams to lose in the 1st but they all wont and Tampa could lose too themselves.

Hopefully Caps arent doods in this company.

South Russians are soft?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I can't stand the Pens and I don't "admire" their roster. I respect the skill, the depth, and the accomplishments of their roster.
It's delusional to pretend we have solved them because we finally beat them in a playoff series and won a Cup. This is a new season and they are every bit as dangerous as they have ever been.

our heavy rosters didn't stop them the last two times they beat us. Pens aren't soft.

Reactions: Heath

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If it weren't gifting Carolina a mint pick, rooting for Toronto to miss the playoffs would be hilarious. Nope, still hilarious.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Boston just traded their first, a prospect, and David Backes to Anaheim for Ondrej Kase. Kreider to Colorado a done deal? Can't imagine Boston could get Kreider without their first going to the Rangers.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Rongos are still trying to sign Kreider and I tend to think they get it done. He's too valuable for them.

Jun 15, 2007
Kreider will be overpaid horrendously so I think Kreider staying put with NYR is the optimal scenario for us.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Poor Eakin, a product of a lame very late major. I like Winnipeg so I think they get a gamer and will make the playoffs and be a tough opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad