NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TEN! Part ONE!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Based on the above quote, our next pick possesses all of the needed qualifications for the position. So, for Official Beat Writer, the NJFZ are jazzed to select Jack Kerouac.

iqJB2t97WHjhAWVkWyXs1BbmSqNHzAjoy2hk4LNi8YLcE16ezT0dpcNkW6wPGpU-YU4GZH-ANHMxcOykAXDlSF_S1hrdqigm9cxbfgzfEcbx3uv2e-AWMtZQM7AT4uY08Vt964nt

@GKJ, go crazy

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
We've already selected our team transport vehicle from one of his movies, so it is only fitting that we formally link him, as well.

This pick will.also reunite him with our team notable fan.

In my youth, I saw many of his movies without understanding just how layered they actually were. I just spent my time laughing a lot.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Mel Brooks as our team director.

View attachment 447878

@mja, we'll meet again in Spaceballs II: the Search for More Money.
Fantastic pick man

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
In my youth, I saw many of his movies without understanding just how layered they actually were. I just spent my time laughing a lot.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Mel Brooks as our team director.

View attachment 447878

@mja, we'll meet again in Spaceballs II: the Search for More Money.

I took a film course in college, and we had to write a 10 page thesis paper and do a presentation on an auteur of our choosing. I’m sure you can guess the usual subjects. Instead, I chose Mel Brooks and played, in a college classroom, the flatulence campfire scene. My finest academic moment.

“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Based on the above quote, our next pick possesses all of the needed qualifications for the position. So, for Official Beat Writer, the NJFZ are jazzed to select Jack Kerouac.

iqJB2t97WHjhAWVkWyXs1BbmSqNHzAjoy2hk4LNi8YLcE16ezT0dpcNkW6wPGpU-YU4GZH-ANHMxcOykAXDlSF_S1hrdqigm9cxbfgzfEcbx3uv2e-AWMtZQM7AT4uY08Vt964nt

@GKJ, go crazy

Beat. Clever. But you will have the most meandering articles in the Quackverse.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Damn it, I should have known you were going to take my joke.

Kerouac, specifically? I had two picks I could have gone with in that spot, Beat Writer and [RANCH], both of which I felt were likely to get picked off by someone else. It was 50/50 until this morning. Still think that other pick might get taken before I'm up again, but hopefully it slips through.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Kerouac, specifically? I had two picks I could have gone with in that spot, Beat Writer and [RANCH], both of which I felt were likely to get picked off by someone else. It was 50/50 until this morning. Still think that other pick might get taken before I'm up again, but hopefully it slips through.

Considered Kerouac, but RANCH was the one I was going to go with for a more dire feel to the reporting.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hopefully it's not more Dwayne shit. That would be boring and do nothing for the lore. You need to service the lore.
The Dwayne shit was just a challenge from Jojo and then a great idea from Pit after my other idea was stolen. Also, I enjoy irritating you.

Now we've moved on from that and are branching out into different areas. Some serious, some lore.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
96b083f5f824d2b8b342047b66832276.gif

Batman: Douglas Armstrong!

GM Doug: Hmm hmm hmmm hmmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

1704050871_6113947611001_6113945107001-vs.jpg

Batman: DOOUUGGLLAAASS!
GM Doug: Huh? What? Oh, look, cartoon Batman.
Batman: Douglas, you are late for your pick.
GM Doug: I think the best part about being out of the hockey rounds is the entertaining individuals who show up.
Batman: Your place in the draft is at stake. You have to pick before time runs out. How did you not even notice?
GM Doug: I had my headphones on, jamming out and humming along.
Batman: Was it your pick for Team Score?
GM Doug: No?
Batman: Was it your composer then?
GM Doug: Ah, it was not. But, uh, now that you mention it, on that note...
Batman: Pun intended?
GM Doug: What?
Batman: Just go ahead.
GM Doug: As I was saying, if you had to guess what I, a modern genius, would pick for a composer, assuming the Star Wars guy is off the table...is he off the table?
Batman: You mean John Williams and yes, he was just picked.
GM Doug: Anyway, who do you think a smart guy like me would pick for a composer?
Batman: Hrm. Universally REDACTED would be chosen by most as the greatest composer ever, with a toss-up between RANCH and another option.
GM Doug: So I choose REDACTED?
giphy.gif

Batman: If you do that, you look predictable.
GM Doug: Uh, correct, you passed my test. Clearly your smarts nearly match mine. I trust you to just make this pick.
Batman: Of course Douglas. I will attempt to match your wits and decide between the two options.

The Chicago Chimpanzees are proud to select for Team Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
GM Doug: The guy who wrote Rock Me Amadeus is a great choice.
tenor.png

Batman: No, it's-
GM Doug: The guy in the movie, I know.
DelectableUniqueHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

Batman: Oh, look, is that the bat signal? I, uh, need to go.

GM Doug: Bye Batman. @Captain Dave Poulin , up up and away!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
96b083f5f824d2b8b342047b66832276.gif

Batman: Douglas Armstrong!

GM Doug: Hmm hmm hmmm hmmmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

1704050871_6113947611001_6113945107001-vs.jpg

Batman: DOOUUGGLLAAASS!
GM Doug: Huh? What? Oh, look, cartoon Batman.
Batman: Douglas, you are late for your pick.
GM Doug: I think the best part about being out of the hockey rounds is the entertaining individuals who show up.
Batman: Your place in the draft is at stake. You have to pick before time runs out. How did you not even notice?
GM Doug: I had my headphones on, jamming out and humming along.
Batman: Was it your pick for Team Score?
GM Doug: No?
Batman: Was it your composer then?
GM Doug: Ah, it was not. But, uh, now that you mention it, on that note...
Batman: Pun intended?
GM Doug: What?
Batman: Just go ahead.
GM Doug: As I was saying, if you had to guess what I, a modern genius, would pick for a composer, assuming the Star Wars guy is off the table...is he off the table?
Batman: You mean John Williams and yes, he was just picked.
GM Doug: Anyway, who do you think a smart guy like me would pick for a composer?
Batman: Hrm. Universally REDACTED would be chosen by most as the greatest composer ever, with a toss-up between RANCH and another option.
GM Doug: So I choose REDACTED?
giphy.gif

Batman: If you do that, you look predictable.
GM Doug: Uh, correct, you passed my test. Clearly your smarts nearly match mine. I trust you to just make this pick.
Batman: Of course Douglas. I will attempt to match your wits and decide between the two options.

The Chicago Chimpanzees are proud to select for Team Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
GM Doug: The guy who wrote Rock Me Amadeus is a great choice.
tenor.png

Batman: No, it's-
GM Doug: The guy in the movie, I know.
DelectableUniqueHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

Batman: Oh, look, is that the bat signal? I, uh, need to go.

GM Doug: Bye Batman. @Captain Dave Poulin , up up and away!
That laugh. Why

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Happy Grand Prix Sunday from Azerbaijan. Lord, beer me content.

oRyuLxy.gif

We start the day with yours truly on the clock, @Striiker on deck, @Lord Defect on the lido deck, and @BernieParent on the lido afterdeck.

Last night I watched a movie called "Hold Me Back" which starred my Team Cheerleader, Rena Nonen. She would have me wrapped completely around her finger in approximately half of a nanosecond. She is just silly as f*** and utterly adorable. I am smitten to smithereens. I am swooning. I am simping. There is a line on the first or second page of E.L. Doctorow's "Loon Lake" which goes something like "I am a slowly smoking stick. I am crumbling into ash." That's me. The guy from the live-action version of "Erased" was in it, and he is a complete weirdo as well. It was a good, strange little movie, but it's not for everyone. You probably have to be a slowly simmering simp to appreciate it.

I have to do some things and then I will make my pick. Let's just pray that we can handle the wait until the next Islanders game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad