NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TEN! Part ONE!

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Did Ponce discover that Bern already owned the Fountain of Youth/Yutes? :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, bankers. That's what we - those of us stuck in the 21st century on Earth Prime - call a modified Rebel Yell.

rebel.gif

@Rebels57 has a pair sitting there all ripe. I can feel them down in my plums, getting a nice bluish hue, getting ready to take them down to the farmers market.

Let the boy watch.

Then BiggE, Starberry, and then a hop, skip and a jump to @DancingPanther. So let's get rolling. That's what that douche chef [REDACTED] says on "The Great Food Truck Race." I redacted his name, even though I would never pick him. There's only one pick in the category for me, obviously. I like it when miscreants like @wankstifier join us in here, but I don't like the naming of names. So everyone who sees this, please just be careful with that, and otherwise knock yourself out with banter except for that which is addressed and prohibited in the large bolded letters of the OP.

Speaking of letting the boy watch, last night out in the barn Woof was sitting there watching as a raccoon ate his food from the bowl. When I opened the door the raccoon slowly walked away toward the back of the building, and presumably slinked its fat ass under the door somehow to go outside temporarily until I got out of his way. It's not a surprise that he neither attacked me nor ran quickly away. For one thing, they are always too fat to reach cruising speed, but more importantly, raccoons and I have always had an understanding. It started as a child, when I radiated constant love toward them, which I am sure they felt in their trash cans and trailer parks both nearby and as far away as Sunnyvale.

The relationship was really cemented permanently when one of them came up to the back door of a vacation house we were staying in down in Florida in 1995. I intuited that he was hungry, because like me they are always hungry, so I gave him a tomato sandwich. It took every singly last ounce of restraint I possessed not to feed it to him directly - I can say with complete honesty that I have never wanted to do something more - but I threw it out on the patio and closed the door. He wolfed it down, and every night after that I threw him tomatoes. I'm sure that reached the raccoon grapevine, so we can all assume that for the rest of our days on this gross garbage planet, we are cool.

So that's the story of me and trash pandas. And Woof.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Good morning, bankers. That's what we - those of us stuck in the 21st century on Earth Prime - call a modified Rebel Yell.

rebel.gif

@Rebels57 has a pair sitting there all ripe. I can feel them down in my plums, getting a nice bluish hue, getting ready to take them down to the farmers market.

Let the boy watch.

Then BiggE, Starberry, and then a hop, skip and a jump to @DancingPanther. So let's get rolling. That's what that douche chef [REDACTED] says on "The Great Food Truck Race." I redacted his name, even though I would never pick him. There's only one pick in the category for me, obviously. I like it when miscreants like @wankstifier join us in here, but I don't like the naming of names. So everyone who sees this, please just be careful with that, and otherwise knock yourself out with banter except for that which is addressed and prohibited in the large bolded letters of the OP.

Speaking of letting the boy watch, last night out in the barn Woof was sitting there watching as a raccoon ate his food from the bowl. When I opened the door the raccoon slowly walked away toward the back of the building, and presumably slinked its fat ass under the door somehow to go outside temporarily until I got out of his way. It's not a surprise that he neither attacked me nor ran quickly away. For one thing, they are always too fat to reach cruising speed, but more importantly, raccoons and I have always had an understanding. It started as a child, when I radiated constant love toward them, which I am sure they felt in their trash cans and trailer parks both nearby and as far away as Sunnyvale.

The relationship was really cemented permanently when one of them came up to the back door of a vacation house we were staying in down in Florida in 1995. I intuited that he was hungry, because like me they are always hungry, so I gave him a tomato sandwich. It took every singly last ounce of restraint I possessed not to feed it to him directly - I can say with complete honesty that I have never wanted to do something more - but I threw it out on the patio and closed the door. He wolfed it down, and every night after that I threw him tomatoes. I'm sure that reached the raccoon grapevine, so we can all assume that for the rest of our days on this gross garbage planet, we are cool.

So that's the story of me and trash pandas. And Woof.
Trash pandas don't go woof

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Who is Babish you might ask? One of the most famous internet chefs ever. His claim to fame is his YouTube channel, where he hosts his 2 shows "Binging With Babish" and "Basics With Babish. His revolutionizing of the "cooking show" has earned him acclaim, fame, a few cookbooks, and a line of kitchenware.

Basics is exactly what it sounds like- just the basics. Need tips on pizza dough? Pull up the 10 minute pizza dough Basics With Babish video. Eggs? Pies? Pasta? Gnocchi? Pam sauces? Fried chicken? It's fun for the whole family.

Binging With Babish is where he takes a dish featured in a popular culture show and recreates it, like Bubble Bass' order from SpongeBob, or Heuvos Rancheros from Breaking Bad. He'll whip one up the old standby way, then he'll "do better". His ridiculousness knows no bounds- he even did the nachos sombrero from Despicable Me!

Andy's sarcastic and nonchalant presentation of his recipes by narrating in the foreground of relaxing new age music have turned his videos into trademarked concise, but step by step, guides. He is committed to (almost) always making every meal from absolute scratch and strives to improve on what is already a good meal. As we know, the Plats value and embody a neverending quest for betterment. The versatility he brings makes him a true master of all trades. We can't wait to binge in the Quackverse and tiny whisk all our troubles away

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
PORTLAND FOG

Team Chef

JOSE ANDRES

2010_Featured_JoseAndres.jpg

Not only one of the best chefs in the world, but one of the best humans as far as i'm concerned. His personality is loud and borderline obnoxious but his generosity is endless. He has a true lust for life. Not only that, he's become a fierce advocate for social / human rights and is feeding the f***ing world. I was first introduced to him through his friendship with Bourdain. The episodes he would appear in were always wildly entertaining. Since then he's made appearances on pretty much everyone elses travel show as well.

The Heroic Story of How Jose Andres' Charity Feeds 250,000 People a Day in a Pandemic

José Andrés and World Central Kitchen Are Feeding the National Guard Ahead of Inauguration Day

Next pick coming soon.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I need more time with most of the other categories so i'll go with my Helmet Sponsor for now.

The rules don't prohibit a Fictional company, so the PORTLAND FOG will sport the STARK INDUSTRIES logo on our helmets. We own the MCU, afterall.

51wj2gwAJ2L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Be forewarned servers, I’m not in the mood...

upload_2021-6-21_14-34-9.gif

Hey boss, just read the card right?
upload_2021-6-21_14-34-40.gif

Yes Andre, just read the damn card, DAMMIT!!
upload_2021-6-21_14-35-13.gif

You better watch that attitude, Junior!
upload_2021-6-21_14-35-51.gif

(GULP)
upload_2021-6-21_14-36-18.gif

This Giant loves 2 things most of all, fine wine and a good, wacky movie soundtrack. So boss, the official movie soundtrack of the Jacksonville Methgators is... THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. Now I'm gonna time warp back to 1987 and beat Hogan's scrawny ass!
upload_2021-6-21_14-36-45.jpeg

@Strawberry Fields , don’t be a fool on a hill and make a pick!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Be forewarned servers, I’m not in the mood...

View attachment 448454
Hey boss, just read the card right?
View attachment 448455
Yes Andre, just read the damn card, DAMMIT!!
View attachment 448456
You better watch that attitude, Junior!
View attachment 448457
(GULP)
View attachment 448458
This Giant loves 2 things most of all, fine wine and a good, wacky movie soundtrack. So boss, the official movie soundtrack of the Jacksonville Methgators is... THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. Now I'm gonna time warp back to 1987 and beat Hogan's scrawny ass!
View attachment 448459

@Strawberry Fields , don’t be a fool on a hill and make a pick!

Great pick, BiggE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad