NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I selected the final pick of the draft in a category of my choice.

It's great that I don't have to do anything to punish you for trying to outsmart the category and circumvent the rules - i.e. "I have three wishes, my first wish is for endless wishes" - since the draft is never going to end, you will never see that choice.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It's great that I don't have to do anything to punish you for trying to outsmart the category and circumvent the rules - i.e. "I have three wishes, my first wish is for endless wishes" - since the draft is never going to end, you will never see that choice.

I don't want anything remotely like endless wishes. There's nothing nefarious about this so I'm glad we are all in harmony and agree this is fine.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
For the record, I received no @ notification in my alerts. Reb must've edited it in, not knowing it doesn't alert you! It's cool though. Pick time, gents.

The Honolulu Ghibli selects as its Team Currency.....Tea Bricks!

265d25ec535cea199178e96f030992cc.jpg

Tea bricks have been used as a means of payment from 9th to 20th century in China, Mongolia, Siberia, Tibet, Turkmenistan and Russia. The Chinese Emperor himself had the monopoly on the production of tea as means of payment. The bricks were mainly produced in Sichuan, a Chinese province, but also in Russia. They were made in various forms and sizes and transported by yaks or camels caravans.

There are five different types of quality, when it comes to tea. Each of them presents a specific stamp. What distinguishes the different ranges of products are their colour, their fermentation and the proportion of wood to leaf. The tea of the best quality is dark brown and exclusively contains fermented tea leaves. The most common type is the third rank quality. As for the bricks of the poorest quality, their colour is dark yellow and they contain twigs, wood shavings and soot.

Who doesn't love a cuppa? And if you don't, how about a cuppa tea bricks over the head? There are early talks of creating a new digital currency, Brickcoin, but that's hush hush.

@mja -- I highly recommend using hydrogen in your airships

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Let's continue with the theme of edible currency, shall we? For Official Team Currency, the NJFZ are positively grateful to select the King of Cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano.

ydyzV2DlyZd0qSuUC688750wgMEY0N3CwzmB_zGekeGtKDeGRxKDSN0yycii9fZsV--xIZhSebS0gpCt1QKbOop5HTSLmkDpTgjnytlrDhkabXVEtuYeDs97RKH7kD9a8DZsOlaO

Yes, Parmigiano Reggiano has been used as actual currency in Italy, and to this day there is a bank there that trades primarily in this edible gold. Its vaults contain over 430,000 wheels of the stuff.

h_q1zaTVCXt8toeCCBFz6tyecREshTmVM-rFu7a0wgZQnepjDouOqAqLPVSXDxfYCw1hXKsEHWriakVY-KV5_q6mZ6WQVxXpYD1b1pzqCQI1ThiR6OxUYmdfkav0ftBTrmDRoV_F

We aim to leverage our control over this practically perfect food to our distinct advantage in the Quackverse. After all, many pasta dishes are incomplete without it. Hey @JojoTheWhale, is Fox on the table?

@Chuck Downie, let's get cheesy

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, tea brick shithouses.

FMACXB5.png

We start the day with @mja on the clock, @Chuck Downie mocking us on deck, @Strawberry Fields dangerously opening boxes next to the pool on the lido deck, and then Young Hoagie (I can't stand that word, almost as much as I can't stand the word "gal") on the lido afterdeck, ready to repel us, literally and figuratively and astronomically, back up the order for the last time this phase.

I am having the best time tanking in that game, Eastside Hockey Manager, which everyone should play in lieu of watching Earth Prime Stupidity, despite how incredibly exciting the Isles are. The hilarious thing is that I have recreated my top Quackverse line - Reichel, Buns, Ozzy - in there, and Ozzy in particular is impervious to the tank. He rules. I only have Seider in one, which sucks, and I can't nab Stutzle at all, which is fine because I surrendered him in here too out of the crumbs of goodness in my heart while a certain someone was surgically attached to his bong. I have Berggren and Elevenses in most of them, and Harley in the same one as Seider, so that's the one I will probably stick with.

I have three saves going, and I really have to narrow my focus to one so that I can make some progress toward trying for real. I just need to get through that 2023 draft, and then I'll be less destructive and start to create the dynasty. The problem is managing the young players through this funk while building their attributes. If they were real I would man-manage them, like any normal and modern non-dinosaur should be able to do, but because they are an algorithm and Math, I just have to watch carefully and do my best to keep them happy and hopeful. Unlike all of us out here stuck on this bowling ball of pure shit until the [REDACTED] are built.

I have a plan for the next two phases, but I have to discuss it with a certain parent of a certain genius baby, and that parent doesn't answer PMs. Like you, I am going to online browse to pass the time, but unlike me, you are going to turn that browsing into real-life merch AND swag. Remember that they deliver directly to your house, so don't be a p***y like Sanhero.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For the record, I received no @ notification in my alerts. Reb must've edited it in, not knowing it doesn't alert you! It's cool though. Pick time, gents.
The Honolulu Ghibli selects as its Team Currency.....Tea Bricks!

Let's continue with the theme of edible currency, shall we? For Official Team Currency, the NJFZ are positively grateful to select the King of Cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano.

The Currency category has been a huge success in here. Great picks.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
"In a fit of spite-rage, the Sexpos name the Hoagie as their official Team Currency", is what an article written by The Onion might choose as a headline in the Quackverse. While both delicious and geographically correct, the word Hoagie is quite possibly the most unsexy word ever spoken in the English language. The Sexpos will not tarnish their stellar reputation with such a ghastly selection. We will be going in a much sexier direction.

To come to the conclusion on our team currency, we had to think a bit outside the box. The Quackverse is going to be populated mostly by athletes, musicians, actors, TV personalities and just generally alpha-type male and female human beings. When you put those types of people together in a new place, their natural primal instincts begin to take over. For example, we've all heard the stories of the Olympic Village turning into a giant f***-fest every 2 years. The Olympic committee has had to provide an astounding number of prophylactics for their athletes in recent Olympic games, with 450,000(!) being provided at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. It's just the nature of the business, and business is certainly banging. Uh, I mean booming.

The Sexpos see this scenario as an opportunity to pounce and come out ahead as soon as we step foot off our transport vehicles in our New World, while also protecting all of our supremely valuable investments when they inevitably do their thing. Our currency will be an absolute must in the Quackverse, whether you agree with it or not.

philippines-hiv-crisis.jpg

Team Currency - Condoms

Good luck following that one, @Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This brings us to our Maximum Chaos selection. The Sexpos already have the Large Hadron Collider as well as the greatest scientist to ever live, Rick Sanchez. We would like to utilize them to the best of their abilities to learn more about the Universe and open up what may be an infinite amount of doors to progress as a society. Stagnation is bullshit, so how do we combat it? One thing comes to mind...

Our selection is composed of particles that do not absorb, reflect, or emit light, so they cannot be detected by observing electromagnetic radiation. It is a material that cannot be seen directly. We know it exists because of the effect it has on objects that we can observe directly, including gravitational effects that cannot be explained by accepted theories of gravity unless more matter is present than can be seen. You probably know where we're going with this. We're hoping this selection will allow Rick and the LHC to work backwards to possibly rewrite the Laws of Physics and General Relativity as we know them. This could be the breakthrough we need to thrive in the Quackverse. You're all welcome.

_118666319_darkenergymap.jpg

Team Maximum Chaos Selection - Dark Matter

@Strawberry Fields, *boop*

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This brings us to our Maximum Chaos selection. The Sexpos already have the Large Hadron Collider as well as the greatest scientist to ever live, Rick Sanchez. We would like to utilize them to the best of their abilities to learn more about the Universe and open up what may be an infinite amount of doors to progress as a society. Stagnation is bullshit, so how do we combat it? One thing comes to mind...

Our selection is composed of particles that do not absorb, reflect, or emit light, so they cannot be detected by observing electromagnetic radiation. It is a material that cannot be seen directly. We know it exists because of the effect it has on objects that we can observe directly, including gravitational effects that cannot be explained by accepted theories of gravity unless more matter is present than can be seen. You probably know where we're going with this. We're hoping this selection will allow Rick and the LHC to work backwards to possibly rewrite the Laws of Physics and General Relativity as we know them. This could be the breakthrough we need to thrive in the Quackverse. You're all welcome.

Team Maximum Chaos Selection - Dark Matter

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad