GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2022 - FLYERS PICK 5TH -- Tuesday, May 10th - 6:30PM - (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, SN NOW, TVAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Iam away from Alkohol for 3 weeks now. Maybe i should start with drugs? Some ideas? Cap? BiggE? Lurch?

How you spell useless knowledge?:naughty:
The point being that while the other top picks cited in the original post could be questioned in hindsight, Bridgman remains the only #1 in team history and even though he wasn't a game-changer, an argument could be made he is in debate for the second best career from that draft only behind Dave Taylor taken at 210. Oddly enough, Paul Holmgren was drafted that year, too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The point being that while the other top picks cited in the original post could be questioned in hindsight, Bridgman remains the only #1 in team history and even though he wasn't a game-changer, an argument could be made he is in debate for the second best career from that draft only behind Dave Taylor taken at 210. Oddly enough, Paul Holmgren was drafted that year, too.

Also, Mike Ricci absolutely was the right pick.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I liked Seth Jarvis two years ago. He was ~ 5' 10" and 170 lbs when drafted.

Savoie is 5' 9" and 175 Lbs now. Savoie is faster and has a high end motor like Seth Jarvis.

And if Brindy likes a kid like Jarvis, I think Flyers fans will like Savoie.
Savoie looks like a pretty good player. Did extremely well in USHL last year too. The Flyers should have seen lots of him at Manitoba Ice games while following McClennon’s progress. Geekie is on that team too.

Savoie or one of the Euro D (Jiricek or Nemec) seem like the most likely options.

Kemell is also rated in that area but they really don’t need another RW after the last three drafts (Brink, Foerster and Tuomaala) with Konecny, Atkinson, Allison, Tippett in the depth chart. Unless they decide to go with an all RW lineup…

Oh please I've heard the Flyers have a top line that might be top 5 in the NHL.
Top 5 in the Metro? Maybe.

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Mel was a very good player and probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves as he spent his early career playing behind Clarke, a franchise pivot, and Macleish, a legit 1C with world class skills. Bridgman was a ppg player during his prime, who excelled in a shutdown role, excelled on the pk, and was tough as a $2 steak.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Mel was a very good player and probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves as he spent his early career playing behind Clarke, a franchise pivot, and Macleish, a legit 1C with world class skills. Bridgman was a ppg player during his prime, who excelled in a shutdown role, excelled on the pk, and was tough as a $2 steak.
Also, a HOF-level 'stache.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hayes, Foerster, Tippett, Risto, JVR, Atkinson, Laughts, Zack Attack, Nate, Brownie, Yands, A Turd, Connautsie, Seels, Ratcliffe, Martin Jones, the burial plot for Ryan Ellis, JOB, and Ginning to Arizona for two seconds.

Trade Provy for a 2023 first.

Trade Konecny to Chicago for Lukas Reichel.

Draft Savoie.

That leaves us with:

Lincoln - Boots - Parable
Reichel - Frost - Brink
N. Cates - Laczynski - Lycksell
Desnoyers - Savoie - Tuomaala

Sanheim - York
Andrae - Hogberg
Wylie - Zamula

Hart
Fedotov

That gets us back in the lottery next year and rids us of all mutts, tomatoes, lardasses, Vikings and scrubs.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Whoever they take at #5, dont ruin a Czech talent (read: Jiříček). This is such a rare talent in CZ lately (last good Czech D was..? Maybe Hronek, not too high on Svozil) I dont want him anywhere near the Flyers. They can take (and blame it on someone in 3 years) anyone else.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
That's not Top 2 :thumbu:

Yes - Hextall f***ed us by refusing to fire Hakstol and being overly reluctant to promote prospects.

Then we got f***ed even further when Fletcher replaced him. He squandered all of the cap space Hextall left him, traded a bunch of assets for bad players, installed terrible development coachs, and just generally f***ing destroyed this franchise.
So many pages ago but I wanted to say that I’ve never seen how we got into our current situation stated more eloquently and concisely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Savoie looks like a pretty good player. Did extremely well in USHL last year too. The Flyers should have seen lots of him at Ice games while following McClennon’s progress. Geekie is on that team too.

Savoie or one of the Euro D (Jiricek or Nemec) seem like the most likely options.

Kemell is also rated in that area but they really don’t need another RW after the last three drafts (Brink, Foerster and Tuomaala) with Konecny, Atkinson, Allison, Tippett in the depth chart. Unless they decide to go with an all RW lineup…

Top 5 in the Metro? Maybe.
Both the D-men are RHD, which is a fortunate break, since this is the second need of the Flyers, after center.
So they can focus on BPA, with a number of viable options at #5, assuming Wright, Cooley and that Finnish winger go 1-3.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
El cheffe i was just joking. I love your insight from days i just watch in documentaries! Dont take me too serious these days. Its a hard life and i try do find a bit humor here and there;)😘

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Hayes, Foerster, Tippett, Risto, JVR, Atkinson, Laughts, Zack Attack, Nate, Brownie, Yands, A Turd, Connautsie, Seels, Ratcliffe, Martin Jones, the burial plot for Ryan Ellis, JOB, and Ginning to Arizona for two seconds.

Trade Provy for a 2023 first.

Trade Konecny to Chicago for Lukas Reichel.

Draft Savoie.

That leaves us with:

Lincoln - Boots - Parable
Reichel - Frost - Brink
N. Cates - Laczynski - Lycksell
Desnoyers - Savoie - Tuomaala

Sanheim - York
Andrae - Hogberg
Wylie - Zamula

Hart
Fedotov

That gets us back in the lottery next year and rids us of all mutts, tomatoes, lardasses, Vikings and scrubs.
why do you hate Hart so much... why must he suffer throu this shit garbage teams fall from grace year after year ?

trade him to a real NHL team.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Both the D-men are RHD, which is a fortunate break, since this is the second need of the Flyers, after center.
So they can focus on BPA, with a number of viable options at #5, assuming Wright, Cooley and that Finnish winger go 1-3.
This is the Flyers. The top 4 will be Wright, Nemec, Cooley, and Jiricek in that order, because of course they will.

Then we'll trade the pick and JVR to someone who wants Slafkovsky, to free up money to sign someone else we shouldn't.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
El cheffe i was just joking. I love your insight from days i just watch in documentaries! Dont take me too serious these days. Its a hard life and i try do find a bit humor here and there;)😘
No biggie. I didn't take your post as anything but part of discussion. Same with my reply. I just meant to say that it is Flyers luck to have one singular number 1 pick in history and the best player from that draft is selected number 210.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That year was known as the Big Five and as events unfolded, the unknown commodity by comparison who was taken fifth, developed into the best player of that group.

No one, including the Penguins, was going to take Jagr in the top four had they been in there. It was too much of a risk.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Whoever they take at #5, dont ruin a Czech talent (read: Jiříček). This is such a rare talent in CZ lately (last good Czech D was..? Maybe Hronek, not too high on Svozil) I dont want him anywhere near the Flyers. They can take (and blame it on someone in 3 years) anyone else.
How good is Jiříček? Would he be the pick at 5 for you, if he's there?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
How good is Jiříček? Would he be the pick at 5 for you, if he's there?

I will leave that up to (way more) knowledgeable posters regarding this draft, given I know almost solely about the Czech guys. There is certain aura and recency bias regarding Jiříček and I guess CZ hockey people would love to see him go that high - but the only way I see him getting there is him having an absolute explosion at IIHF WC the next 2 weeks.
He had some bomb 3 games for the senior nat. team in the past few weeks (seriously! Confident and calm play), but I doubt he goes that high - not even hyped up Zacha went this high, and Jiříček had a looong injury pause this season. So picking him that high would be peak recency bias imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad