GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2022 - FLYERS PICK 5TH -- Tuesday, May 10th - 6:30PM - (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, SN NOW, TVAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But they'll tank again next season so that they can get Bedard

If they get even average goaltending they'll be in that mediocre middle range. They performed like a mid-pack team this season everywhere but in net. They were better than the Flyers and that will be very evident next season.

Is that even possible? Didn't get 1st overall in 2019? I'd hope they would be ruled out from 1st/2nd next year.

Yes, it is possible. Starting with 2022 Draft, a team can only win the lottery 2 times in a 5 year span. They are now 1/1.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I liked Seth Jarvis two years ago. He was ~ 5' 10" and 170 lbs when drafted.

Savoie is 5' 9" and 175 Lbs now. Savoie is faster and has a high end motor like Seth Jarvis.

And if Brindy likes a kid like Jarvis, I think Flyers fans will like Savoie.
I am not saying he has not grown but when I saw him play in Novenber 2021 he looked 5'7" and 160 at best . When I see the 5'9' I question it .

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I will leave that up to (way more) knowledgeable posters regarding this draft, given I know almost solely about the Czech guys. There is certain aura and recency bias regarding Jiříček and I guess CZ hockey people would love to see him go that high - but the only way I see him getting there is him having an absolute explosion at IIHF WC the next 2 weeks.
He had some bomb 3 games for the senior nat. team in the past few weeks (seriously! Confident and calm play), but I doubt he goes that high - not even hyped up Zacha went this high, and Jiříček had a looong injury pause this season. So picking him that high would be peak recency bias imo.
Like his neighbor Nemec, I'd be amazed if he falls past pick #8 or so. Not an expert but both of them seem like no-brainer, top pairing fixtures to me. If the Kraken get one of them and the other goes to Philly I will be totally happy.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I will leave that up to (way more) knowledgeable posters regarding this draft, given I know almost solely about the Czech guys. There is certain aura and recency bias regarding Jiříček and I guess CZ hockey people would love to see him go that high - but the only way I see him getting there is him having an absolute explosion at IIHF WC the next 2 weeks.
He had some bomb 3 games for the senior nat. team in the past few weeks (seriously! Confident and calm play), but I doubt he goes that high - not even hyped up Zacha went this high, and Jiříček had a looong injury pause this season. So picking him that high would be peak recency bias imo.
Sound like you have bias against Jiricek or you haven't seen him play at all, otherwise you wouldn't talk nonsense. And what exactly has Zacha anything to do with Jiricek?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Post-lottery mock draft results.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 1.29.44 PM.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Here’s an interesting thread on the two. Essentially the crux of it is that Nemec in these analytic models is putting up crazy results yet some who watch the two feel Jiricek is the more naturally talented of two but has the lesser results in these analytic models. Now mind you most think both are top 5ish prospects both eyes & models. The debate is what do you bet on here if you’re making that choice between the two?

Mind you this is a debate amongst the online analytic scouting community amongst themselves. So they’re using both resources & it’s not like culture way amongst new vs. old, analytics vs. hockey men, etc.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Here’s an interesting thread on the two. Essentially the crux of it is that Nemec in these analytic models is putting up crazy results yet some who watch the two feel Jiricek is the more naturally talented of two but has the lesser results in these analytic models. Now mind you most think both are top 5ish prospects both eyes & models. The debate is what do you bet on here if you’re making that choice between the two?

Mind you this is a debate amongst the online analytic scouting community amongst themselves. So they’re using both resources & it’s not like culture way amongst new vs. old, analytics vs. hockey men, etc.

So Nemec is playing in top Euro league? From what i've seen there is literary zero physicality in slovak league and is much slower, i would put DEL and EBEL above slovak league. Very bad comparison for everyone who knows and watch european hockey. Comparing stats of two players who are playing in two vastly different leagues is absolutely ridiculous, its like comparing some dude in AHL to someone playing in NHL.

Reactions: Voodoozz

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So Nemec is playing in top Euro league? From what i've seen there is literary zero physicality in slovak league and is much slower, i would put DEL and EBEL above slovak league. Very bad comparison for everyone who knows and watch european hockey. Comparing stats of two players who are playing in two vastly different leagues is absolutely ridiculous, its like comparing some dude in AHL to someone playing in NHL.

These models account for quality of league. It’s not comparing raw results either. There’s more nuance/context to it then that.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really need someone to explain to me how I as a Czech wishing Jiříček do as best as possible, but maybe falling out of five to top ten instead translates as me being biased against him

Even with what I posted above in those threads & replies pretty much most come to the conclusion that both are top 5 prospects both tangibly & visually so it’s not like it’s some crater size difference of opinion.

It’s not like one guy checks all these boxes & the other guy is some tall guy that hits that traditional types are hoping for miracle which was a more common debate in the past.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For me the Flyers desperately need an star offensive producing forward. If you look at the top scorers every year or at least the ones with staying power over multiple seasons they were generally picked in the top 5-10 range. Especially centers. That’s not say there aren’t exceptions but when you put them into probabilities you’re more likely to find a high impact defensemen out of the top 10 than high impact forward.

So for me that’s why I want a guy like Nazar preferably who think could be getting undervalued. I think he could be the highest upside player on the board when the Flyers pick & I don’t think his perceived floor is nearly as bad as perhaps traditional types might think. There’s underlying evidence to suggest he’s not some big time boom or player because he’s smaller & naturally skilled.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For me the Flyers desperately need an star offensive producing forward. If you look at the top scorers every year or at least the ones with staying power over multiple seasons they were generally picked in the top 5-10 range. Especially centers. That’s not say there aren’t exceptions but when you put them into probabilities you’re more likely to find a high impact defensemen out of the top 10 than high impact forward.

So for me that’s why I want a guy like Nazar preferably who think could be getting undervalued. I think he could be the highest upside player on the board when the Flyers pick & I don’t think his perceived floor is nearly as bad as perhaps traditional types might think. There’s underlying evidence to suggest he’s not some big time boom or player because he’s smaller & naturally skilled.

Plus, when was the last great Frank in the league? Frank Brimsek? Been a minute. This is important.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad