GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2022 - FLYERS PICK 5TH -- Tuesday, May 10th - 6:30PM - (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, SN NOW, TVAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I really need someone to explain to me how I as a Czech wishing Jiříček do as best as possible, but maybe falling out of five to top ten instead translates as me being biased against him
Maybe you dont like Skoda Plzen idk? As a czech i really didn't like Zadina pick in 2018, i though he was overrated and he is not going to use his shot when competition gets faster. I am the least biased person when it comes to prospects. I also think that Wright and Nemec are overrated af and Slafkovsky, Cooley, Jiricek and Kemmel are going to be superior players.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Plus, when was the last great Frank in the league? Frank Brimsek? Been a minute. This is important.
R.2fdc1763444b30b76d9f82d71af6d602

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Yup, same reason Forsberg fell to 6OA in 91.
Forsberg wasn't as developed in his draft year as was Jagr. He also had a military obligation. Forsberg was considered a reach. One publication had him ranked 25th. He even stated of himself that he thought he'd be picked in the second round. I recall one tense moment when Forsberg stated that he wasn't good enough to play for the Swedish Olympic team and that sent Russ Farwell into crisis mode with the media. One headline used the word "stunning" after the pick and the Flyers head scout admitted he had never seen Forsberg play. It was heavily weighted towards Inge Hammarstrom and Farwell for the reach.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Forsberg wasn't as developed in his draft year as was Jagr. He also had a military obligation. Forsberg was considered a reach. One publication had him ranked 25th. He even stated of himself that he thought he'd be picked in the second round. I recall one tense moment when Forsberg stated that he wasn't good enough to play for the Swedish Olympic team and that sent Russ Farwell into crisis mode with the media. One headline used the word "stunning" after the pick and the Flyers head scout admitted he had never seen Forsberg play. It was heavily weighted towards Inge Hammarstrom and Farwell for the reach.
Yeah, I had forgotten most of this, lol. Have to think though, had Forsberg been Canadian and showed the same skill set playing major Junior, he would have been in everyone’s top 10 at the very least.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Yeah, I had forgotten most of this, lol. Have to think though, had Forsberg been Canadian and showed the same skill set playing major Junior, he would have been in everyone’s top 10 at the very least.
I forget the player's name but he never made it to an NHL game and was picked by Montreal later in that opening round. He was one of the players attached to the Flyers as a possible pick. But the Flyers needed goal scorers and that was not Forsberg's strength on draft day.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I forget the player's name but he never made it to an NHL game and was picked by Montreal later in that opening round. He was one of the players attached to the Flyers as a possible pick. But the Flyers needed goal scorers and that was not Forsberg's strength on draft day.
I think it was Bilodeau, a Dman I believe.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I was randomly looking at Russ Farwell's wiki page yesterday and his 4 years as Flyers GM were the only years in the NHL in like 40 years in hockey. Kinda unusual. Was never in another NHL front office

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
that Fletch will trade away for old washed vets.

Given the only time he traded mid-round picks was his first year when his HC wanted veterans in the bottom six for a PO run (4th and 5th for Thompson and Grant), it's pretty unlikely - everyone added this past offseason were one year FAs.

I would like to see him use some picks after the first round to package for RFAs that teams can't afford to resign, like the Avs picking up Toews. These tend to be the best bargains, young enough to have upside, but with a track record that tells you if they can handle NHL play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad