GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Sweeney Confirms He Didn't Make Johansson An Offer And Who He Sees Replacing Him.

“I think Danton Heinen, depending on what side you play him on,” said Sweeney. “Whether it’s Karson or Senyshyn or Brett Ritchie, guys that are right shots, we could play lefty-righty and move Danton over. I think he fits into the same mold of player creative-wise. Marcus wasn’t a shoot-first guy either. Danton’s not. We’d like for him to shoot with a little more volume if he can.”

It's no guarantee but some people showed up last year that could step up again this year.

“I’m not rubber-stamping any of that,” Sweeney said of his internal options. “But I do believe we have enough depth, which is an area I think showed up in this year’s team, that was very valuable. Hopefully, we recognize that we’ve addressed some of that, even though we couldn’t go fishing in the deepest of waters.”

Source: The Athletic

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Sweeney Confirms He Didn't Make Johansson An Offer And Who He Sees Replacing Him.

“I think Danton Heinen, depending on what side you play him on,” said Sweeney. “Whether it’s Karson or Senyshyn or Brett Ritchie, guys that are right shots, we could play lefty-righty and move Danton over. I think he fits into the same mold of player creative-wise. Marcus wasn’t a shoot-first guy either. Danton’s not. We’d like for him to shoot with a little more volume if he can.”

It's no guarantee but some people showed up last year that could step up again this year.

“I’m not rubber-stamping any of that,” Sweeney said of his internal options. “But I do believe we have enough depth, which is an area I think showed up in this year’s team, that was very valuable. Hopefully, we recognize that we’ve addressed some of that, even though we couldn’t go fishing in the deepest of waters.”

Heinen. Cehlarik. Kuhlman. Backes. This one's on Krejci's line, then that one's on Krejci's line, and on and on it spins...

member 96824

Ok but then who replaces Danton Heinen on the third line

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Gm of the year should be fired immediately for this statement

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

That's disappointing. I really would have liked to see Mojo back. It's probably grasping at straws but I was holding out hope they were going to LTIR Backes permanently like @DKH suggested and that was why Mojo hadn't signed with anyone yet.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Gross.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I don't think that you can trade a player who is injured? Isn't Moore considered injured until/unless he returns from shoulder surgery?!?!
I believe you can, as long as the other team is aware of the situation and is prepared to make the trade anyway.

What you can't do is buyout an injured player (see Cowen vs the Leafs).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

god this is infuriating

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Skill is absolutely what this team needs in the top6. Guy like Ferland improves the midd6 but he doesn't make the 2nd line go. He's a complimentary player to a line.

At cheap I'll take him on the roster but as I said he's a complimentary player.
Complementary.

Complimentary = nails on a chalkboard ! (unless he is very generous with his praise) :D

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I just realized Panarin is the highest paid non English speaking player ever? His English is still being translated?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Yes because I do not believe in advanced stats in hockey. I believe what I see and his last two years in Calgary I watched a lot of their games and he is the type of top 6 player the Bruins need.

I believe what I see not advanced stats, I do give them more credence in baseball but very little in hockey.

How were St. Louis' advanced stats vs Bostons last year before the finals?
Partly agree.

The so-called "Advanced Stats" may be useful for a team evaluation.

An individual player ? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad