GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I'll bet anyone here a beer (that I'll never actually follow up or pay up on) that the Bruins go into training camp with someone on the wing that isn't currently with the franchise.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
UFA winger market was weak and other East teams certainly not making a line to help a top team in conference get better via trades.

July 3rd and Bruins with a middle 6 winger need.

It will get addressed at some point and Bruins will be ready for another long playoffs run.

Right... I forgot... they won’t make the playoffs this year... :laugh:
Middle six is downplaying it. They need a top six.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'll bet anyone here a beer (that I'll never actually follow up or pay up on) that the Bruins go into training camp with someone on the wing that isn't currently with the franchise.

I won't take that bet. It is disappointing from a fan standpoint that they didn't sign someone or trade for someone, but I do believe Sweeney is not going to let himself get ripped off. That said, he knows clearly what the need is and if there was a deal out there that didn't require him to bend over, I think he would have done it.

Reactions: bruins19

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Well, I suppose just because Sweeney didn't make MoJo an offer, doesn't mean they can't work something out eventually. DS assumed he'd get interest elsewhere, and why make an offer when you need to get the RFAs (Carlo, McAvoy) settled first.

Maybe if no other teams go for MoJo, he'll consider a Boston offer. That's assuming there's any cap space left, of course.

It'd be great to have him back, but there are a few priorities ahead of him.

For all we know Johannson told management he'd prefer to play elsewhere. We can't always
assume that players want to stay a Bruin. (And I'm not saying you think that)

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Maybe they do maybe they don't, either way it keeps them honest., but Just maybe some other GM is interested in an Heinen or Senyshyn or Sweeney is trying to up the anti in his favor.

If you actually believe when he's telling the whole world that he's comfortable with his line-up in july, so be it that's your prerogative. By the way I got some swamp land for you down in Georgia. Its real pretty, has the nicest sunsets you'll ever see in your whole life and the catfish down there are the freshest you'll ever taste. Real cheap too and the rest of the fishing you just cant keep them out of your boat it's so good.

giphy.gif

I hope that canoeist is wearing a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad