GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Ferland would be right behind DeBrusk in PPG this season at 7th on the team. He'd be 3rd behind Wagner and Acciari for Hits per game too. Looks he'd be a perfect 3LW with Coyle. Not sure how he is at RW for that 2RW spot.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
With the departure of Panarin, Duchene and Dzingel from Columbus, I'd say that trying to pry Josh Anderson from the Blue Jackets is even more futile.
Unless they are in complete rebuild and you offer Vaak and a forward of their choice not named Studnicka or Beecher

Senyshyn, Vaak and Frederic would get it done I think. You are giving up a lot but you are only giving up potential for an established top 6 power forward entering the prime of his career so you are going to have to over pay.

Reactions: Strafer

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Unless they are in complete rebuild and you offer Vaak and a forward of their choice not named Studnicka or Beecher

Senyshyn, Vaak and Frederic would get it done I think. You are giving up a lot but you are only giving up potential for an established top 6 power forward entering the prime of his career so you are going to have to over pay.

Their top end talent is all still very young: Dubois, Jones, Werenski, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand, Nutivaara, Murray, Anderson are all 25 or younger. I also liked the way Texier played in the series and he just came over to play in the NHL before the playoffs at 19 years old.

They still have their first round picks coming up.

Can't see why they would think rebuild with a good young core, a lot of cap space and all their first round picks sans this past draft. If I were them I would have my eye on the Offer Sheet market and look to hit free agency hard next year. Not a rebuild so much as a retool.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Would the Lightning deal within the Division with Boston? More so would they trade Cirelli for Heinen? I would love this deal for the B's and would add a smaller piece like say JFK to get it done.

Reactions: Fenian24

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Would the Lightning deal within the Division with Boston? More so would they trade Cirelli for Heinen? I would love this deal for the B's and would add a smaller piece like say JFK to get it done.

Don't think they would entertain it. Cirelli is still cost controlled this year whereas Heinen is do a raise. Dealing him within the division is also scary as he almost put up 20g in a limited roll in his rookie season.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Their top end talent is all still very young: Dubois, Jones, Werenski, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand, Nutivaara, Murray, Anderson are all 25 or younger. I also liked the way Texier played in the series and he just came over to play in the NHL before the playoffs at 19 years old.

They still have their first round picks coming up.

Can't see why they would think rebuild with a good young core, a lot of cap space and all their first round picks sans this past draft. If I were them I would have my eye on the Offer Sheet market and look to hit free agency hard next year. Not a rebuild so much as a retool.
Well I have been told on here that Vakanien (SP) is a future to pairing D, if Columbus believes that maybe they can get it done. If I was Columbus I would use the offer sheet as well, either Point or Tkachuk

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Looks like we may be using our kids to fill in the open spots on DK/PB’s (depending where Pasta ends up) & Coyle’s wing.

If Bjork can stay healthy I think he could very well be a top 6/9 winger. Who knows about Senyshyn, I think his legs alone are enough to keep him around whether it’s on Coyle’s line or maybe Kuraly’s.

Sign McAvoy, Carlo, Heinen, JFK & Cehlarik. If possible Fitz.

Think the Clifton deal will be a steal by mid-year, the kid has a higher ceiling than we’ve seen so far. Hopefully move Miller after he gets some games under his belt and brings his worth up a bit. While Clifton slides into his spot.

Let’s see what the kids got.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

I might be skeptical about Ferland, but I would go nuts for Anderson. I agree that’s a guy you move real assets for if he was actually available. But our problem is we are deep with LHD, and do they need that? Werenski, Murray and Nutivaara are all LHD and would be ahead of Urho, so not sure that would move the needle. But I’d love to see Donny try...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looks like we may be using our kids to fill in the open spots on DK/PB’s (depending where Pasta ends up) & Coyle’s wing.

If Bjork can stay healthy I think he could very well be a top 6/9 winger. Who knows about Senyshyn, I think his legs alone are enough to keep him around whether it’s on Coyle’s line or maybe Kuraly’s.

Think the Clifton deal will be a steal by mid-year, the kid has a higher ceiling than we’ve seen so far. Hopefully move Miller after he gets some games under his belt and brings his worth up a bit. While Clifton slides into his spot.

This is kind of what Sweeney preached when he first took over, a focus on drafting, developing and promoting with each season, another kid, maybe 2 getting their chance. No guarantee of course when talking about a kid being NHL ready and the time line but sure helps keep the cap issues under control if you can put a kid in a spot and they do well enough that you don`t have to spend recklessly on the FA market

Reactions: The National

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kind of feel like the thread title should be changed. It wasn't much of a feeding frenzy from a Bruins standpoint, more of a low-intensity grazing :laugh:

kind of anticipated a grazing anyways, with Carlo/CM and Heinen contracts needing to be sorted out first

Reactions: bbfan419

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Bjork is softer than a marshmallow. We don’t need more of that in the top 9, it’s anti physical enough as it is.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
you can trade injured players but other teams are allowed to do a physical before a trade is finalized. few years ago Edmonton traded some 4th liner to LA who was injured.... LA protested and Edmonton had to include something to get the trade to go through

but of course LTIR guys are traded all the time... so you can definitely trade injured players.
Oh okay thanks Michael!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Oh okay thanks Michael!

you do raise a good point though... to be honest im not up todate on everyones injury status headed into next season. if moore is expected to miss time that could easily effect his value

im suggesting to trade him instead of backes because I expect a return... but trading damaged goods always lowers the value

im not too happy with the idea of giving up a high pick/quality prospect just to free cap room

I guess Sweeney and his team are on top of this and it doesnt matter if im on top of it or not... I still expect to see backes stay but it likely is harder to trade moore if hes hurt

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
you do raise a good point though... to be honest im not up todate on everyones injury status headed into next season. if moore is expected to miss time that could easily effect his value

im suggesting to trade him instead of backes because I expect a return... but trading damaged goods always lowers the value

im not too happy with the idea of giving up a high pick/quality prospect just to free cap room

I guess Sweeney and his team are on top of this and it doesnt matter if im on top of it or not... I still expect to see backes stay but it likely is harder to trade moore if hes hurt
Unless they trade Backes WITH Moore? Again, Backes has to agree and I don't want them to trade Moore. Also, they may use Moore as one of the unprotected for the Seattle He played with a bum shoulder in the playoffs and was still effective IMO. If they're going to be able to trade Backes IMO it has to be in a package deal. Worked in as an added bonus in some way. Thing is that I don't think that Don Sweeney likes risk, especially after the problems that the Backes and Beleskey signings caused for him. Furthermore, he doesn't seem to be one for complicated deals. He's a straight-up guy who makes straight-up deals. He doesn't seem to like making any deals where people may say ''hmmmm, what a shady transaction." He's intelligent but IMO he is risk averse and doesn't seem to use his imagination in trades. Straight up! When he traded half of Beleskey's cap hit to the Rangers I feel that he stepped a little bit out of his comfort zone (again IMO).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He is also a complimentary player who has played on the Gaudreau-Monahan line in Calgary and the Canes top line in the state where it is legal to marry your first cousin, so he can play with and compliment skilled players quite well.

Ferland isn't the answer on 2nd line scoring issue, he'd be more like Coyle addition, and on top of it would still need that scoring threat.

If you can get rid of Backes all for it, but I doubt that happens, and if nothing else out there I take Ferland on a cheap contract, but not as the scoring answer to top6, because he isn't one.

5/6 of the Bruins top six is skilled.

I would agree, they need some size up front. They got ****ing pasted all over the ice to the point where they were legit scared to get hit. All of them.

They lost the Cup because 2nd line didn't show up, couldn't score.

You can say they are skill type players but that doesn't necessary mean they are skilled.
Gusev was putting up Panarin type points at similar age in the KHL, this team needs more potential high skill players especially as Krejci keeps getting older.

I'm tired of these Beleskey/Backes type additions for the 2nd line issue, rather bet on skill.

They need somebody in the top 6 who does the hard, dirty work, go to the net, bang in the corners, initiate contact in place of getting hit.

Do think that the perfection line would have struggled like it did in the finals if they had a Ferland, Anderson or Wilson to go to the net and create some some space, to help simplify the game instead of just looking for pretty passing plays or extra moves by Pastrnak that St. Louis just shut down?

More skill is great, I would love a Benn, Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Landeskog or Malkin in the top 6 but those players cost 8m+, get a gritty tough forward with some skill to complement your skill guys so you aren't shut down by teams with big D's or who hit you as soon as you try to stick handle through them.

None of the guys they can afford are impact players, it's just that simple.
The most potential one is Gusev but it's a bet, but it's the bet that has the potential for most reward.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You can say they are skill type players but that doesn't necessary mean they are skilled.
Gusev was putting up Panarin type points at similar age in the KHL, this team needs more potential high skill players especially as Krejci keeps getting older.

I'm tired of these Beleskey/Backes type additions for the 2nd line issue, rather bet on skill.

None of the guys they can afford are impact players, it's just that simple.
The most potential one is Gusev but it's a bet, but it's the bet that has the potential for most reward.
Koko 2.0, I'll pass.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
C'moon now, Gusev is a superstar in Europe, Koko isn't.

More like Panarin/Dads potentially.
Wasn't Koko in the top 5 in KHL scoring last year or the year before? I can't see a team without a really deep prospect pool giving up a potential Panarin. I always worry about production numbers from the KHL, traditionally a lot of career AHLers put up good to very good numbers in that league.

If he was as big as Malkin or Ovi then I would think a bit higher but with his size and production it seems to be a bigger gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad