GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Actually statements like that is why he's GM of the year.

Why would he show his hand?

A little posturing maybe? He knows he will need help on both the second and 3rd lines. And maybe someone will step up, but no GM in his right mind is going to under sell his players when they’re looking to add help.
Good post. Touched it up a bit.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maz saying he hopes no one offers Mcavoy an offer sheet. He should know he can't be offered sheeted not enough years. Someone call in and tell him lol. Im in Canada and don't want to pay LD lol
Maz is a d*ck! He needs to (and usually does) stick to baseball...

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Maz is a d*ck! He needs to (and usually does) stick to baseball...
Mazz has zero credibility when it comes to hockey. And his partner, who has some hockey knowledge, makes outrageous statements just to stir things up.

I listen to XM NHL Hockey Channel. Mods are either ex players or people who are constantly around the sport. And, the callers are intelligent.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Sweeney Confirms He Didn't Make Johansson An Offer And Who He Sees Replacing Him.

“I think Danton Heinen, depending on what side you play him on,” said Sweeney. “Whether it’s Karson or Senyshyn or Brett Ritchie, guys that are right shots, we could play lefty-righty and move Danton over. I think he fits into the same mold of player creative-wise. Marcus wasn’t a shoot-first guy either. Danton’s not. We’d like for him to shoot with a little more volume if he can.”

It's no guarantee but some people showed up last year that could step up again this year.

“I’m not rubber-stamping any of that,” Sweeney said of his internal options. “But I do believe we have enough depth, which is an area I think showed up in this year’s team, that was very valuable. Hopefully, we recognize that we’ve addressed some of that, even though we couldn’t go fishing in the deepest of waters.”

Source: The Athletic
What a f***ing disaster.

An absolute atrocity. Chiarelli-level incompetence and criminal apathy. Inexcusable horsepiss.

This crew has not much time left together and Brett Ritchie is your plan?? That close and you just aren't gonna even try? f***. You.

If this is it, you have pissed this year away. Down the God damn toilet.

If this is serious... If this is legit and not just playing cards? I'm on the Fire Sweeney train. No shit.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What a ****ing disaster.

An absolute atrocity. Chiarelli-level incompetence and criminal apathy. Inexcusable horsepiss.

This crew has not much time left together and Brett Ritchie is your plan?? That close and you just aren't gonna even try? ****. You.

If this is serious... If this is legit and not just playing cards? I'm on the Fire Sweeney train. No ****.

Yea unless this is all GM speak, I have to say really unimpressed with GM of the years thoughts here.

How many years are we going to go into with a hole in our top 6 and hope a young kid fills it?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yea unless this is all GM speak, I have to say really unimpressed with GM of the years thoughts here.

How many years are we going to go into with a hole in our top 6 and hope a young kid fills it?

Actually statements like that is why he's GM of the year.

Why would he show his hand?

A little posturing maybe? He knows he will need help on both the second and 3rd lines and maybe someone will step up but no GM in their right mind is going to under sell their players when their looking to add help.

If you think he's postering, then every GM probably thinks the same. Meaning there's no point in posturing if all the other GM's see through it.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I have zero problem with this. Give the most deserving skilled ELC in camp time with our skilled players, rotate, see where they are, reassess mid season and get help at deadline if needed and the ELC hopefully have increased their trade value until then.

Not like there is any interesting UFA out there beside Johansson that could help.

If Backes is traded or LTIR, then go the trade route and get Kreider for 1st+Miller return.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I have zero problem with this. Give the most deserving skilled ELC in camp time with our skilled players, rotate, see where they are, reassess mid season and get help at deadline if needed and the ELC hopefully have increased their trade value until then.

Not like there is any interesting UFA out there beside Johansson that could help.

If Backes is traded or LTIR, then go the trade route and get Kreider for 1st+Miller return.

We have tried that a few seasons in a row, and our top 6 keeps dropping the ball in the PO's.

Looking back, still shocked how we got the gm7 with the production we were getting 5 on 5.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
We have tried that a few seasons in a row, and our top 6 keeps dropping the ball in the PO's.

Not like Sweeney has other option right now. UFA sucks, there is only the trade route to go to improve on W and until he finds a partner, what can he do?

Bjork-Stud-Steen-Senyshyn-Ritchie all intriguing options for middle 6 W.

He can always add in season/deadline if needed and if ELC show they belong, they get value for trades.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sounds like last year. We will go into the season again with questions on the second and third line. Good job Sweeney. Guy thinks he is a genius going after the bottom bin players, but eventually it’s going to bite him in the butt. He lucked out particularly with Johanssen last year, but you can’t expect that every scrap pick up will work.
"Yeah but wait 'till the trade deadline.
'' and "Next off season, we're REALLY gonna show 'em!"

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What a ****ing disaster.

This crew has not much time left together and Brett Ritchie is your plan?? That close and you just aren't gonna even try? ****. You.

If this is serious... If this is legit and not just playing cards? I'm on the Fire Sweeney train. No ****.

Right there with you bro!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not like Sweeney has other option right now. UFA sucks, there is only the trade route to go to improve on W and until he finds a partner, what can he do?

Bjork-Stud-Steen-Senyshyn-Ritchie all intriguing options for middle 6 W.

He can always add in season/deadline if needed and if ELC show they belong, they get value for trades.
He doesn't have a choice?? Did Dubas also not have a choice, or did he go out and make things happen?

I get it. I love this team too. I want to be positive... Hell, I was hella positive going into Free Agency. But are we ever awful for just making excuses and shrugging shoulders every single year.

Yeah. It'll happen at the deadline. Just wait and see. This is the plan.

It had better f***ing not be.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He doesn't have a choice?? Did Dubas also not have a choice, or did he go out and make things happen?

I get it. I love this team too. I want to be positive... Hell, I was hella positive going into Free Agency. But are we ever awful for just making excuses and shrugging shoulders every single year.

It had better ****ing not be.

This.

Having spent a lot of my formative years in sales, you have to dig to find that deal sometimes. It's not just going to fall into his lap. Brian Burke got Kessel by threatening the OS first. There are plenty of RFA's out there I wouldn't mind Sweeney strong arming himself into.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This.

Having spent a lot of my formative years in sales, you have to dig to find that deal sometimes. It's not just going to fall into his lap. Brian Burke got Kessel by threatening the OS first. There are plenty of RFA's out there I wouldn't mind Sweeney strong arming himself into.

This.

Be aggressive while the core is in the end of their prime.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

It had better ****ing not be.

I mean he doesn’t have the money to be a player in UFA. Unless you get the top dogs (Chara-Tavares-Panarin-etc) or value short term deals, always stay away from UFA unless it’s your own and get a home discount.

Let’s see what Sweeney will do to get help on the wing. That the only hole they have. Maybe he only gets someone at deadline. Maybe they get Kreider or someone else this summer. We’ll see.

But if nothing happens this summer, I have zero problem giving the most deserving ELC in camp (Bjork-Stud-Steen-Senyshyn-etc) time in that spot and see what we have in house.

Best case, they show they belong, are legit answer and increase their value league wide for trades.

Bruins also with a plethora of NHL D. Can always turn one into a F.

But it’s all moot. I red someone that predicted the Bruins will miss the playoffs this year. And he’s got a very good track record saying Chara was done years ago... :laugh:

Looking forward to 20-21 I guess...

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If you think he's postering, then every GM probably thinks the same. Meaning there's no point in posturing if all the other GM's see through it.

Maybe they do maybe they don't, either way it keeps them honest., but Just maybe some other GM is interested in an Heinen or Senyshyn or Sweeney is trying to up the anti in his favor.

If you actually believe when he's telling the whole world that he's comfortable with his line-up in july, so be it that's your prerogative. By the way I got some swamp land for you down in Georgia. Its real pretty, has the nicest sunsets you'll ever see in your whole life and the catfish down there are the freshest you'll ever taste. Real cheap too and the rest of the fishing you just cant keep them out of your boat it's so good.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Why are you guys acting like Sweeney doesn't try his best to fix the (ongoing) Krejci-winger issue?

It's been well documented that Sweeney spends hours every summer rummaging through his local Recycling Center, trying to find Krejci a winger. What's worse, Krejci couldn't even be bothered to show up any more and tell him what his preferences are (ie. Plastic or cardboard) so Krejci has nobody but himself to blame when we saddle him w AHLers, healthy scratches etc.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Maybe they do maybe they don't, either way it keeps them honest., but Just maybe some other GM is interested in an Heinen or Senyshyn or Sweeney is trying up the anti in his favor.

If you actually believe when he's telling the whole world that he's comfortable with his line-up in july, so be it that's your prerogative. By the way I got some swamp land for you down in Georgia. Its real pretty, has the nicest sunsets you'll ever see in your whole life and the catfish down there are freshest the you'll ever taste. Real cheap too.

Your wife seems lovely.

Also his track record over the last few offseasons says what I need to know.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
UFA winger market was weak and other East teams certainly not making a line to help a top team in conference get better via trades.

July 3rd and Bruins with a middle 6 winger need.

It will get addressed at some point and Bruins will be ready for another long playoffs run.

Right... I forgot... they won’t make the playoffs this year... :laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Your wife seems lovely.

Also his track record over the last few offseasons says what I need to know.

She' is actually and she has a twin sister who's looking for a sucker, you interested?

I don't see it. Sweeney not going to let the media in on what he's planning, he may use them for his advantage and say things that he wants printed.

Hook line and sinker you should really look into that property.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad