NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I hate how BAP is all the same storyline. I made an enforcer and tried to tank myself to get drafted later and eventually get sent down. But I still end up getting drafted in the 1st round and they refuse to send me down. On top of that, every challenge is about scoring and every interview I’m promising I’m gonna rack up points. So dumb.

Reivilo

Oct 19, 2007
So I've been playing Be a Pro and was wandering if you had the same issues. While an upgrade was a nice welcome (as the rest of the game is mostly the same with new shiny colors) I can't seem to be able to know when a teammate gets injured or a trade is made. As most it seems, I got draft by LA 2nd and while in a playoff spot they traded newly acquired players in Saad, Gustafson and Schwartz at the deadline but I don't see anyway new players on the main roster or the farm. (1st year)

Also I notice that Tampa added Dahlin and Landeskog (with a salary cap over 120 mil.) without losing any major player.

My guess is that the trading system probably don't work and they don't want us to see it.

Oh and of course I'm a C/LW and they are playing me RW.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
The majority of the goals scored on me are from constantly broken plays that shouldn't be happening as often as they are. Every pass I make hits their stick or skate and goes back into my zone. All they have to do is bump my player and I lose the puck and it doesn't matter how many times I hit or push them they NEVER lose the puck. And even if I poke check or stick lift the puck away from them, it always goes right to another one of their players And this is even with the game sliders being adjusted. Frustrating as hell.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
However, does anyone know if the Reverse retros will be loaded into NHL 21? I don't expect them next week but it would be cool to use some of them.

Or is that something you'll have to wait for NHL 22?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The majority of the goals scored on me are from constantly broken plays that shouldn't be happening as often as they are. Every pass I make hits their stick or skate and goes back into my zone. All they have to do is bump my player and I lose the puck and it doesn't matter how many times I hit or push them they NEVER lose the puck. And even if I poke check or stick lift the puck away from them, it always goes right to another one of their players And this is even with the game sliders being adjusted. Frustrating as hell.

Sounds like classic EA NHL ice-tilt of characteristic of this generation.

I was itching to buy it this weekend and resisted... I'm really trying to make my "protest of one" stick this year. Your post helped... thank you.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Anyone else getting a ridiculously high amount of penalties just trying to play defense? It seems like 50% of the time I pokecheck a guy I trip him. I'm getting better at it, so it helps. But still.

So far I'm enjoying myself. Probably because I took a 5 years break of playing hockey games prior to now.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

I just bought this game on Thursday when I got my PS5. Definitely regret it. One of the worst hockey games I have played. I only play offline single player franchise mode. I like the challenge of the game, but the actual hockey in the game is terrible. I find that players clump together and get out of position all over the ice and it causes messy plays all over the place. I read that defense is challenging except all you really have to do is control a guy in front of your net and a crowd will arrive and eventually you can take the puck from the CPU player. They can still catch you at times and score, but the same type of goals over and over again. The only goals that ever score for either myself or the CPU are one timers, dekes or rebounds. Very rarely do slapshots or wrist shots from the slot ever go in, almost never depending on the sliders I use. I consider it money down the drain so far. I have tweaked the sliders like crazy, but really do not like the game at all.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Anyone else getting a ridiculously high amount of penalties just trying to play defense? It seems like 50% of the time I pokecheck a guy I trip him. I'm getting better at it, so it helps. But still.

So far I'm enjoying myself. Probably because I took a 5 years break of playing hockey games prior to now.
If you lower the tripping penalty slider to about 40 you can poke check and not have as many penalties. You will if you overuse it, but it will be more realistic.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
However, does anyone know if the Reverse retros will be loaded into NHL 21? I don't expect them next week but it would be cool to use some of them.

Or is that something you'll have to wait for NHL 22?
Since they all were unveiled, in theory they could get patched in whenever since their isnt gonna be hockey to be played anytime soon, usually every team has to publicly unveil them, then wear then in a game, I'm assuming the owners/ NHLPA will give them the green light to just go ahead and patch them into whatever patch/update they want to bundle them into. This is just theoretical of course.

Reactions: HotDish

spfan

May 4, 2009
Yeah the last patch added him and Duclair in.

Too bad. I do my own custom rosters. I just created Perry and Hamonic. I kinda wish they waited to release the game until like december or january cause the new season won't be until then most likely and the rosters/free agency in real life would be more figured out by then.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
In the BAP mode we scored on our first shift. I started the game and we scored after 28 seconds yet it said on screen: "xxx shift time 0,08 seconds"...

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
God this game is still filled with the no lifers on EASHL who use 5 foot 8 danglers and snipers. They literally rely on speed and edges and have an unfair advantage. Game is so unbalanced and not to mention these garbage OMAHA plays these losers run online. If anyone of you fall under this category I suggest you go outside or something. Smh

Reactions: x Tame Impala

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017

God this game is still filled with the no lifers on EASHL who use 5 foot 8 danglers and snipers. They literally rely on speed and edges and have an unfair advantage. Game is so unbalanced and not to mention these garbage OMAHA plays these losers run online. If anyone of you fall under this category I suggest you go outside or something. Smh
This game is all about positioning. Once you get that down, hitting and pokechecking are your best friends as a dman.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I just bought this game on Thursday when I got my PS5. Definitely regret it. One of the worst hockey games I have played. I only play offline single player franchise mode. I like the challenge of the game, but the actual hockey in the game is terrible. I find that players clump together and get out of position all over the ice and it causes messy plays all over the place. I read that defense is challenging except all you really have to do is control a guy in front of your net and a crowd will arrive and eventually you can take the puck from the CPU player. They can still catch you at times and score, but the same type of goals over and over again. The only goals that ever score for either myself or the CPU are one timers, dekes or rebounds. Very rarely do slapshots or wrist shots from the slot ever go in, almost never depending on the sliders I use. I consider it money down the drain so far. I have tweaked the sliders like crazy, but really do not like the game at all.
I got to a point with 20 where I had to stop playing it with friends because every game, all game is people solely looking for cross crease one timers. Literally every damn play. It absolutely ruins the game. Especially when you have Markstrom in net who can't make a save, and Smith for the opposition making almost every diving save imaginable.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This game is all about positioning. Once you get that down, hitting and pokechecking are your best friends as a dman.
I also find more times than not I lay a guy out trying to enter my zone but I can't get around him to get the puck and they will get up and resume carrying into my zone.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

it gets to the point where if they know what they're doing, you can't take the puck off them without some help. It's brutal.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I got to a point with 20 where I had to stop playing it with friends because every game, all game is people solely looking for cross crease one timers. Literally every damn play. It absolutely ruins the game. Especially when you have Markstrom in net who can't make a save, and Smith for the opposition making almost every diving save imaginable.

I had to take a break last week. When playing a drop in game or a club game, it's nothing but run and gun cross crease passes. They don't pass back to the D or take it behind the net to get a different look at things. I play LD and the RD is always in the offensive zone going offsides or in front of their net. People that started playing last year and never watched hockey are telling me how hockey works. In club I get them to stop in the offensive zone and set things up and we start scoring but next game it's back to the same old run and gun. We'll lose 9-1 because we can't even get the puck across their blue line and it's entirely in our zone the whole time but they say it's the defense's fault. One game the other team pulled their goalie for a period and we couldn't get a shot on net. I guess EA got what they wanted all these years. Abandon the already fans who love the sport for new fair weather fans.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013

Threes can be a pretty brutal experience in higher divisions. There are teams who if they are winning just rag in their own zone until they can get a clean 2v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad