NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I had to take a break last week. When playing a drop in game or a club game, it's nothing but run and gun cross crease passes. They don't pass back to the D or take it behind the net to get a different look at things. I play LD and the RD is always in the offensive zone going offsides or in front of their net. People that started playing last year and never watched hockey are telling me how hockey works. In club I get them to stop in the offensive zone and set things up and we start scoring but next game it's back to the same old run and gun. We'll lose 9-1 because we can't even get the puck across their blue line and it's entirely in our zone the whole time but they say it's the defense's fault. One game the other team pulled their goalie for a period and we couldn't get a shot on net. I guess EA got what they wanted all these years. Abandon the already fans who love the sport for new fair weather fans.
Playing it down low and opening up the front of the net is how most elite teams play.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Playing it down low and opening up the front of the net is how most elite teams play.
I'm playing as a puck moving defenseman and when I take it in I'd either go wide and go around behind the net or go all the way around for the cross or when I enter the zone, I'd hit the breaks at the face off circle along the boards and hold it to see what opens up. I've been playing online since 07 or 08. You can't win consistently when it's just entering the zone and throwing the puck for a cross crease when 4 guys are all waiting for it.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I'm playing as a puck moving defenseman and when I take it in I'd either go wide and go around behind the net or go all the way around for the cross or when I enter the zone, I'd hit the breaks at the face off circle along the boards and hold it to see what opens up. I've been playing online since 07 or 08. You can't win consistently when it's just entering the zone and throwing the puck for a cross crease when 4 guys are all waiting for it.
Teams like that just don’t succeed against top teams. I love when it doesn’t work they don’t mix it up they just keep trying it. So predictable as a G.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I guess the game is already 50% off about a month after release.

Is this one worth getting or should I just refuse to support EA lol?
I say stay strong, and don't support this trash anymore. I finally did this year and I'm so glad based on everything I've read.

Though I guess it probably doesn't matter because all they care about is HUT money, and people who play HUT don't seem to care and continue to throw money at them.

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
I say stay strong, and don't support this trash anymore. I finally did this year and I'm so glad based on everything I've read.

Though I guess it probably doesn't matter because all they care about is HUT money, and people who play HUT don't seem to care and continue to throw money at them.
NHL21 is a must have, just because of the fact that goalies have become so much better and there's rarely a garbage goal anymore.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Teams like that just don’t succeed against top teams. I love when it doesn’t work they don’t mix it up they just keep trying it. So predictable as a G.
To win against top teams you need to make quick, accurate passes and move the puck in an unorthodox manner. This is why drop ins are dead. Too many teams just trying to do the simplest things that are incredibly easy to predict and react to defensively.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
NHL21 is a must have, just because of the fact that goalies have become so much better and there's rarely a garbage goal anymore.

This is accurate for the most part, but I'm going to use it as a jumping off point for a minor complaint.

I've had Marty Turco in HUT for all of 3 games and he's given up 6 goals by guys picking up their own rebound and burying it. Haven't had this issue with any other teams/goalies so far in this game. Not sure if I've just had bad luck or if it's a Turco specific issue, but it's really weird given I haven't run into it before. Maybe it's just an issue with low rebound control or something, but every save the puck ends up sitting right in front of him.

Last edited:

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Man I just read 2k’s my league features, no wonder they’ve retired EA from basketball games again, that shit is on a new planet. When 2K starts making nfl games again ea is f***dd.

I wish 2k would come back to nhl.

I'd rather another company do it. Their hockey for the most part, STUNK.

There are a lot of 2k players that have the EXACT same opinions of their company as many do with EA.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I'd rather another company do it. Their hockey for the most part, STUNK.

There are a lot of 2k players that have the EXACT same opinions of their company as many do with EA.
Yea graphics and gameplay never got up there...

I have game pass so I tried NBA live, NFL and yikes I’ll be honest NBA is trash and nfl franchise really isn’t good. We complain but point is EA is shit unless it’s FIFA.

Reactions: Beville

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
4na0ai.jpg

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
To win against top teams you need to make quick, accurate passes and move the puck in an unorthodox manner. This is why drop ins are dead. Too many teams just trying to do the simplest things that are incredibly easy to predict and react to defensively.
Yeah I’ve played lots of LG and Esports and you won’t win with the cross crease shit

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah I’ve played lots of LG and Esports and you won’t win with the cross crease shit
The problem with playing against those teams is that they'll still burn you with it if you don't defend it. This year good teams are abusing the Dman's clunky puck pickup mechanics. This year it's more important than ever for teams to collapse defensively, gain possession and exit quickly. Otherwise your team gets cycled to death.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
The problem with playing against those teams is that they'll still burn you with it if you don't defend it. This year good teams are abusing the Dman's clunky puck pickup mechanics. This year it's more important than ever for teams to collapse defensively, gain possession and exit quickly. Otherwise your team gets cycled to death.
It’s not very difficult to defend if the D stay on their posts and don’t go chasing behind the net.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone have any idea about developing players in GM mode? Either I’m doing something wrong or I’m just getting bad draft luck but every single player I’ve had with elite or top 6 potential just stalls out in the low 80s. I play them in their roles and make sure they have good line chemistry but they just don’t get better.

They get a massive boost through the season and I think it’s working when they’re up at like 85/86 OV but then it just turns out to be statistical growth and they go back down to 81/82.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad