NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Oh turning off injuries is a decent workaround for the time being - good thinking. Really hope they fix this soon, these are game breaking problems

It’s a good work around. I use it too. Problem is during trade deadline. Acquired a roster player and moved another one out. Before TDL actually since for whatever reason during TDL your lines automatically adjust. Either way I had to sub my new guy in and it froze again.

This should be an easy fix. Hopefully it doesn’t take a month again EA. ..

I feel like I’m part of a beta trial. Everyone who bought this should get a huge discount on NHL 22 cause this is bug fill.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Im in the same boat. only way I could play the game was to turn off injuries so I didn't have to edit lines much. You can swap players but can't sub them in.
I HATE THIS GAME.

Literally cannot edit lines because the buttons don't do anything when trying to sub a player.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don’t want to bother reading back a bunch of pages, but is anyone else having their game freeze up when you’re trying to substitute in an injured player?

Reactions: Fedz

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Have they also fixed the scouting yet? It's pretty dumb to basically close my eyes and hope that I pick the right player in later rounds of the draft. I am legit relying on point totals, difficulty of the league, and whether or not they have a star next to the prospects name as a scouting recommendation. Other than that, I have to basically bet on the potential and skills the player MAY have.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Disappointed to hear the Franchise in '21 is broken. Just angrily deleted my team in '20 in year 2035 because the game fails to generate enough NHL calibre talent to fill the rosters. Teams never rebuild, the same handful of rosters are always competitive and the contracts are just silly when guys that are 78ovr start asking for $6m contracts in free agency.

They're really having a hard time wrapping their heads around the game mode.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Disappointed to hear the Franchise in '21 is broken. Just angrily deleted my team in '20 in year 2035 because the game fails to generate enough NHL calibre talent to fill the rosters. Teams never rebuild, the same handful of rosters are always competitive and the contracts are just silly when guys that are 78ovr start asking for $6m contracts in free agency.

They're really having a hard time wrapping their heads around the game mode.
The logic system they have in place is super flawed.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Man, sometimes I think about buying 21 and then I just come in here and read this thread. Sounds like it’s been a frustrating ride so far. 20 was the first iteration of the game I have bought since 14 maybe? I’ve played others at other people’s house but haven’t had an Xbox in years.

Can’t wait till Xbox gets the Show at least. I don’t play anything other than sports games at this point.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Did I suddenly start sucking or did the last patch do something for difficulty? I can't win a game in franchise on all-star anymore, with default sliders.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Did I suddenly start sucking or did the last patch do something for difficulty? I can't win a game in franchise on all-star anymore, with default sliders.

Even worse, whenever I’m up by a goal, in the last 30 seconds my goalie lets in two toskalas and I lose 2-1.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Have they also fixed the scouting yet? It's pretty dumb to basically close my eyes and hope that I pick the right player in later rounds of the draft. I am legit relying on point totals, difficulty of the league, and whether or not they have a star next to the prospects name as a scouting recommendation. Other than that, I have to basically bet on the potential and skills the player MAY have.

Auto-Scouting should be fixed now.

Reactions: CraigsList

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't own the game, but have you checked in the sliders menu? You should be able to turn the injuries slider all the way down to zero.

Used to be in the gameplay settings but wasn't there pre-update (haven't went in post update). Will check this one out thanks.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Anyone else having Players randomly shooting up to around 88/89 Overall out of nowhere. In 4 different Franchise modes I've have Zach Sanford, Sammy Blais, Robert Thomas, and Ivan Barbashev (I play mainly with the Blues) randomly shoot up to being 1st line players in like half a year depending on where they are placed in the lineup.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Auto-Scouting should be fixed now.
Yeah it’s fixed for me. The season I was already in when they fixed it had crappy insights at the draft but the next season so far seems a lot better.

Trade values are all out of whack for me now though. Is this common? Solid players have crap value, random AHLers have high value but nobody will trade anything for them. A lot of guys have value that fluctuates a lot in super short time spans. It being fluid is good but this is crazy

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Anyone else having Players randomly shooting up to around 88/89 Overall out of nowhere. In 4 different Franchise modes I've have Zach Sanford, Sammy Blais, Robert Thomas, and Ivan Barbashev (I play mainly with the Blues) randomly shoot up to being 1st line players in like half a year depending on where they are placed in the lineup.

Sanford and Blais both blow up like crazy if you put them on a line with good chemistry.

I picked Blais for an expansion team and he had multiple 100 point seasons.

spfan

May 4, 2009
In the new patch notes, it said there would be the new Sens, VGK jerseys, but I had the new update on NHL 21 and those jerseys aren't in. Is this the case with others? My friend said they weren't in his update either. But on a NHL 21 BAP series, they had the new Sens jerseys. Not sure about the new VGK jersey in theirs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad