NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Disappointed to hear the Franchise in '21 is broken. Just angrily deleted my team in '20 in year 2035 because the game fails to generate enough NHL calibre talent to fill the rosters. Teams never rebuild, the same handful of rosters are always competitive and the contracts are just silly when guys that are 78ovr start asking for $6m contracts in free agency.

They're really having a hard time wrapping their heads around the game mode.

I think the case of the big contracts is cause the cap is always going up. At least this is the case in NHL 20.
Cause 1st liners start asking for like 15M a year after you get deep in franchise mode, but the total team cap is also higher. So I think it's just adjusting for that.

But maybe it's different for 21. I haven't started a franchise mode yet.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Have they also fixed the scouting yet? It's pretty dumb to basically close my eyes and hope that I pick the right player in later rounds of the draft. I am legit relying on point totals, difficulty of the league, and whether or not they have a star next to the prospects name as a scouting recommendation. Other than that, I have to basically bet on the potential and skills the player MAY have.

I think that's realistic though. In real life, you could be considered the best scout or GM, but you're not ALWAYS right on who you pick.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Not sure why I still support this series. Maybe it's because I've been playing them since I was like 6-7 for NHL 2000 and have been doing GM/Franchise mode for so long, and I genuinely love the mode.... Okay I answered my own question

But for real... a new low.... After all the bs glitches this game, I thought the worst would be not being able to edit lined but nah.

3 seasons in my FM mode for the Kings I ran into a glitch at the trade deadline. no matter if I sim it or let it run in total the day won't advance after the deadline is over. I tried to skip ahead on calendar view and day to day main menu style, but nothing. It's bs. I've gone back and tried all my save files for the same King run and no luck. Probably 20 hours of wasted time I won't be able to salvage.

If EA cared at all they would legit email everyone a refund that purchased this game, or give us a discount for their next half-assed game.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The problem with EA ever giving anyone a discount or apologizing for this product is that it will be an acknowledgement that they are not doing a good job.

Even if they apologize for this year's game, at this point will next year's be better?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think that's realistic though. In real life, you could be considered the best scout or GM, but you're not ALWAYS right on who you pick.

completely agree, but at the same time I’m employing scouts, some paid pretty dang good to at least give me some skills and potential evaluation. I know I won’t always select a home run pick, but i at least want some solid scouting info from my scouts.

Reactions: haveandare

spfan

May 4, 2009
completely agree, but at the same time I’m employing scouts, some paid pretty dang good to at least give me some skills and potential evaluation. I know I won’t always select a home run pick, but i at least want some solid scouting info from my scouts.

Yeah I get that, I think it's a hard line to walk of making it too easy or making it too hard.

I mean, there are tons of ways to cheat the system as is.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So...

I haven't bought an EA Sports game since 2015.
I'm have some free time and am wondering if I should buy NHL 21.

Should I do it? Is there some fun to be had playing it or is the game just unplayable and I should just avoid it altogether?

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
In the new patch notes, it said there would be the new Sens, VGK jerseys, but I had the new update on NHL 21 and those jerseys aren't in. Is this the case with others? My friend said they weren't in his update either. But on a NHL 21 BAP series, they had the new Sens jerseys. Not sure about the new VGK jersey in theirs though.
You need to update the rosters as well

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
So...

Should I do it? Is there some fun to be had playing it or is the game just unplayable and I should just avoid it altogether?

I haven't bought it yet but still might down the road. They've patched several fairly serious issues but hopefully they'll get some of the other ones, and soon

I'd say it depends ~ sounds like trade values in franchise mode are very messed up, and there are major issues editing lineups when injuries occur, both of which sound borderline unplayable to me. But if you're more into other modes I suppose it could be fine

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
So...

With EA sports games if you’ve been out for multiple years I’d say it’s worth giving a shot, once they’ve fixed the bugs atleast. The big issue is if you play year after year your not going to notice much different. But if you haven’t played since 15 then it would be a pretty big step up

Reactions: JustJokinenAround

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Finally after editing my rosters the past week or so I start my franchise mode. Near September, theres still a handful of guys left unsigned (Perry, Frolik, Sheary etc) and teams like NYI and CBJ who need players wont sign them despite having cap space/roster space, and them only asking for a million. I sign them and try to trade them over there for a 7th rounder and they both rejected the trade too. I wish teams would actually go after what they actually need.

Reactions: DieselPig

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
This thread is gold for saving me money. I hope some day we get a real game, a real franchise, cloud franchises, 4v4 in EASHL. They just miss the mark so hard man.

Reactions: DieselPig

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Getting a “failed to retrieve data error” every time I fire up HUT after the patch today ...

spfan

May 4, 2009
Finally after editing my rosters the past week or so I start my franchise mode. Near September, theres still a handful of guys left unsigned (Perry, Frolik, Sheary etc) and teams like NYI and CBJ who need players wont sign them despite having cap space/roster space, and them only asking for a million. I sign them and try to trade them over there for a 7th rounder and they both rejected the trade too. I wish teams would actually go after what they actually need.

Oh, so Perry is actually in the game now? Before, he was missing.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It amazes me that a game series that has been basically the same game now for several years can be released with piles of bugs and glitches. It's not like they are rebuilding the game from the ground up. It truly boggles the mind when you think about it. I haven't bought this game on release day now for a couple years, I might pass on 21 altogether.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I got a PS5 yesterday and bought this game. Have only played 3 games, I will have to hold judgement for now. EA's horribly predictive AI is the worst aspect of all their games, but that was expected. I will have to play around with the sliders and see what I can make of this game. I am not sure it is worth a buy if you own one of the other recent releases.

Mar 12, 2009
Saw some gameplay and was planning on getting it for black friday like I have been the last couple years, but not even going to do that at this point. Last years game also had the "freezing when editing lines" bug but it only happens for me between pre season and mid November (sim past then and it's smoothe sailing). Amazing that it's not only not fixed, but seems even worse.
If the bugs really affect sales I'll maybe grab it when it's on fire sale in hopes it gets ironed out 1 day.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Game plays like garbage after the latest update. Me and a few other people are having issues where you pass but nothing happens. You can hear them banging on the controller to pass thru the headset and nothing. Also in franchise when you promise a player more minutes then trade them, he still comes back after the trade and complains that you broke your promise.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Saw some gameplay and was planning on getting it for black friday like I have been the last couple years, but not even going to do that at this point. Last years game also had the "freezing when editing lines" bug but it only happens for me between pre season and mid November (sim past then and it's smoothe sailing). Amazing that it's not only not fixed, but seems even worse.
If the bugs really affect sales I'll maybe grab it when it's on fire sale in hopes it gets ironed out 1 day.
I never had it on last years. On this one it wasn't there at all, then the latest patch to fix scouting introduced the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad