NHL 15 Be A GM mode/Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
twitter thing?

Im talking about players who have retired after the season. Every NHL game had a list usually before the draft. But playing my first year in 15 there was no list and two of my players were gone come season time(im guessing retired)

I know... there's a twitter style news feed with messages about who retired...

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I generally trade everyone and their mother to build a top 6, top 4 and goalie that will progress together. Usually start with Edmonton because they have the most to work with.

Landeskog-Barkov-Nichushkin
Virtanen-McDavid-Mantha

Nurse-Jones
Klefbom-Ekblad

Gibson

Big strong young players that aren't slow by any means, among other moves the first few years i had alfy and Dubinsky in there as well as a few other vets to bring along mantha and virtanen. Nurse and klef take a long ass time to develop but they are very much worth the wait.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So, I was bored, and created a couple players... Doug Glatt, and Happy Gilmore. Glatt is a 38 overall, and Gilmore a 52. Glatt is straight goon, and Gilmore all shot. Neither can skate at all. I've gotten 3 years in, and they've been slowly progressing, but Gilmore's stats have been nuts from the start. With every game simmed, he's put up 46-6-52, 46-19-55, 68-24-92. Glatt on the other hand (playing top line with Gilmore and Drouin) went 3-9-12, 3-17-20, 4-39-43 (his passing went up), while averaging over 260 PIM. It's actually made the game kind of fun :laugh:

I started with Anaheim, and dealt almost everyone, but I actually managed to bring Kesler back in free agency. My lineup is currently

Glatt (83) - Drouin (90) - Gilmore (85)
Mantha (87) - Lazar (87) - McDavid (87)
Strome (85) - Kesler (89) - Bjorkstrand (84)
Colborne (83) - Mathias (83) - Palmieri (83)

Lindholm (86) - Ekblad (88)
Fowler (85) - DeKeyser (85)
Gudas (82) - Trouba (83)

Gibson (90)
Bryzgalov (83)

Last edited:

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Anyone playing Winnipeg care to tell me how Eric Comrie develops? He is a 75 at Age 20 at the moment. Just wondering because Pavelec is terrible. On next-gen btw.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
So, I was bored, and created a couple players... Doug Glatt, and Happy Gilmore. Glatt is a 38 overall, and Gilmore a 52. Glatt is straight goon, and Gilmore all shot. Neither can skate at all. I've gotten 3 years in, and they've been slowly progressing, but Gilmore's stats have been nuts from the start. With every game simmed, he's put up 46-6-52, 46-19-55, 68-24-92. Glatt on the other hand (playing top line with Gilmore and Drouin) went 3-9-12, 3-17-20, 4-39-43 (his passing went up), while averaging over 260 PIM. It's actually made the game kind of fun :laugh:

I started with Anaheim, and dealt almost everyone, but I actually managed to bring Kesler back in free agency. My lineup is currently

Glatt (83) - Drouin (90) - Gilmore (85)
Mantha (87) - Lazar (87) - McDavid (87)
Strome (85) - Kesler (89) - Bjorkstrand (84)
Colborne (83) - Mathias (83) - Palmieri (83)

Lindholm (86) - Ekblad (88)
Fowler (85) - DeKeyser (85)
Gudas (82) - Trouba (83)

Gibson (90)
Bryzgalov (83)

Did you give them like 4 1/2 star potential?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Did you give them like 4 1/2 star potential?

Ya, I was doing it quickly, and wasn't paying attention, and just left the default potentials, which is franchise. Which shouldn't be a huge be deal, but on next gen, if you try and edit them later, it makes duplicate players, and I didn't want to restart a 3rd time (I messed up with their ages once, and made them too young)

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Anyone playing Winnipeg care to tell me how Eric Comrie develops? He is a 75 at Age 20 at the moment. Just wondering because Pavelec is terrible. On next-gen btw.

I have him up to an 85 on ps4 so far I think I'm 4 years in.

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA

I'm on 360, in year 4 he's an 82 OVR backup to Robin Lehner

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
I added Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin, are there any other players I should create?

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

I've rarely seen him go by 84, but him and Fucale play fine for their overalls.

Newfinator81

Jun 13, 2013
Waterloo
What is the best use of a 'DpthF'?

I just signed my 14th OA pick in the '15 draft, Pavel Zacha, age 20, to an ELC, as I hadn't signed him for two years. He developed into an 80 ov, and is considered a depth forward to begin his professional career. I was wondering what the best use of his first year would be to maximize his development. 3rd/4th line minutes in the NHL, 13th forward as a replacement for an injured player, or first line everything (5v5, PP, PK, etc.) in the minors (calling him up if he grows into a '3rdS' or something)?

I'm using the Devils so naturally I have no forward prospects and my good forwards are either using their sticks as walking canes (not because they're injuryed...), or have retired already, so I kinda need Zacha ASAP.

Thanks for the input.

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
Think I'm gonna do a new GM probably with Winnipeg, Calgary or Edmonton. Already done two eastern conference teams (Buffalo & Florida). I figured I'd give the west a shot.

Also not making the mistake of taking Nikita Korestelev in my first draft. Dude is a complete bust.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
What is the best use of a 'DpthF'?

I just signed my 14th OA pick in the '15 draft, Pavel Zacha, age 20, to an ELC, as I hadn't signed him for two years. He developed into an 80 ov, and is considered a depth forward to begin his professional career. I was wondering what the best use of his first year would be to maximize his development. 3rd/4th line minutes in the NHL, 13th forward as a replacement for an injured player, or first line everything (5v5, PP, PK, etc.) in the minors (calling him up if he grows into a '3rdS' or something)?

I'm using the Devils so naturally I have no forward prospects and my good forwards are either using their sticks as walking canes (not because they're injuryed...), or have retired already, so I kinda need Zacha ASAP.

Thanks for the input.

I don't know if it's the best way to do it but I usually leave depth players in the AHL with first line minutes on basically everything (usually just do best lines) and check up on them at various points in the season (start of December, all star game, trade deadline) and they usually jump up to a 3rd liner by one of those dates so I bring them up to the main team.

Giving them quality minutes in the NHL might work but I've never done it (mainly because my teams are usually too good to have an 80 overall in the top 6 forwards).

Edit: I'm going to start another no trade GM mode. What team do you guys think will be the hardest? I'm thinking New Jersey but I'm not 100% sure. I don't want to do Arizona, Calgary, New York or Vancouver. Going to do one of these (CAR, CBJ, DET, MIN, NSH, NJD, NYR, OTT, PHI, SJS, TOR, WSH, WPG) so what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Newfinator81

Jun 13, 2013
Waterloo
I don't know if it's the best way to do it but I usually leave depth players in the AHL with first line minutes on basically everything (usually just do best lines) and check up on them at various points in the season (start of December, all star game, trade deadline) and they usually jump up to a 3rd liner by one of those dates so I bring them up to the main team.

Giving them quality minutes in the NHL might work but I've never done it (mainly because my teams are usually too good to have an 80 overall in the top 6 forwards).

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice!

odk

Jan 3, 2015
I`m in year 2 with Toronto Maple Leafs.

I have made alot of trades at the start of the first season.
In the first season i made it to the Eastern Conference final, where i met the Philadelphia Flyers and lost 4-2.

I my second season i am currently 43-26-4 and in 2 place of my division.

My 15/16 roster:

Skinner (91 SNP) - Tavares (91 SNP) - Stamkos (93 SNP)
Monahan (87 TWF) - Seguin (90 PLY) - Kadri (85 PLY)
Clifford (82 GRN) - Bolland (85 TWF) - Clarkson (84 GRN)
Winnik (80 TWF) - McClement (79 GRN) - Frattin (80 TWF)

Del Zotto (85 OFD) - Pietrangelo (91 TWD)
B. Smith (83 TWD) - Hamilton (85 OFD)
Oleksiak (83 DFD) - N. Schultz (80 DFD)

Reimer (84 HYB)
Subban (82 HYB)

Healthy Scratch
-P. Holland (81 PLY)
-M. Martin (78 GRN)
-R.Wilson (78 DFD)

I am playing All-Star difficulty on Hardcore mode.
In the regular season i play half of the games and simulate the rest.
In the playoffs i play all the games.

If you have any thougts about different line-setups i`ll all ears, because i dont know how the sim engine would response to a forward line of SNP-SNP-SNP or PLY-PLY-TWF. My first line works great when i play the games, because Tavares is a brilliant playmaker and Skinner and Stamkos are lethal snipers.

Does anyone know how the sim engine works on NHL 15 for PS4?

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Decided to do New Jersey (no trading). Going to be hard to manage the cap with some pretty terrible deals (in terms of length).

Start of 2014/15:
Jagr - Zajac - Cammalleri
Elias - Henrique - Havlat
Clowe - Loktionov - Brunner
Ryder - Ruutu - Tootoo

Greene - Zidlicky
Gelinas - Larsson
Salvador - Larsen

Schneider
Clemmensen

(in the future I'll post overalls)

The season goals are to get a top draft pick as the forward cupboard is extremely bare (really only have Boucher who is only 3.5Y) and to develop Larsson properly. I don't think I can achieve the latter as Larsson rarely turns out good for me.

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Decided to do New Jersey (no trading). Going to be hard to manage the cap with some pretty terrible deals (in terms of length).

Start of 2014/15:
Jagr - Zajac - Cammalleri
Elias - Henrique - Havlat
Clowe - Loktionov - Brunner
Ryder - Ruutu - Tootoo

Greene - Zidlicky
Gelinas - Larsson
Salvador - Larsen

Schneider
Clemmensen

(in the future I'll post overalls)

The season goals are to get a top draft pick as the forward cupboard is extremely bare (really only have Boucher who is only 3.5Y) and to develop Larsson properly. I don't think I can achieve the latter as Larsson rarely turns out good for me.
I saw Gelinas at 90 OVR in my Winnipeg GM, was legit growth too, he stayed up! Also, Ryan Clowe....

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
I saw Gelinas at 90 OVR in my Winnipeg GM, was legit growth too, he stayed up! Also, Ryan Clowe....

I'm hoping one of Gelinas, Larsson, Merrill or Severson make it to a top 2 defenseman.

Clowe isn't even (arguably) the worst contract. Zajac is signed until he's 36 at 5.75M (86 overall). Greene is signed until he's 37 at 5M (84 overall). Cammalleri is signed until he's 37 at 5M (86 overall). Clowe is signed until he's 36 at 4.85M (84 overall).

Then you just have terrible contracts like Zubrus (3.1M), Ruutu (4.75M), Elias (5.5M) who all have at least another year after this one.

All those players will keep declining in overall as well...

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Regular Season:
An abysmal year saw the New Jersey Devils go 26-46-10 to come 29th in the league. Fortunately their AHL team performed extremely well, going 45-26-5 to make the playoffs as the 3rd seed in their conference.

Top Scorers:
Jagr - 22G, 37A, 59P
Cammalleri - 33G, 25A, 58P
Zajac - 15G, 37A, 52P
Greene - 4G, 42A, 46P
---------------------------
Bernier - 28G, 58A, 86P
Boucher - 40G, 38A, 78P
Josefson - 18G, 46A, 64P
---------------------------
Kessel - 53G, 45A, 98P
Stamkos - 44G, 52A, 96P
Kopitar - 32G, 62A, 94P
Kane - 37G, 56A, 93P
Duchene - 44G, 48A, 92P

Playoffs:
The AHL team lost in the second round to the St. John's IceCaps in six games. Reid Boucher led the team in goals and points with 5 and 13, respectively.

The St. John's IceCaps went on to win the Calder Cup and the Ottawa Senators took home the Stanley Cup.

Retirees:
Jaromir Jagr
Patrik Elias
Dainius Zubrus

Draft picks:
1 - Connor McDavid 4.5G
2 - Mathieu Ayotte 4Y
3 - Daniel Sprong 4.5R
4 - Carl Dahlstrom 4Y
5 - Mitch Marner 4R
6 - Yury Yakupov 4R
7 - Spencer Smallman 3.5R

Re-signings:
I re-signed Josefson, Larsson, Gelinas, Loktionov, Larsen, Havlat, Bell and Tedenby. Let a couple older players go like Zidlicky and Ryder.

Free agent signings:
Alec Martinez - 2 years, 3.75M per
David Schlemko - 1 year, 1.975M
Jay McClement - 2 years, 1.555M per
Jason Spezza - 4 years, 7.2M per
Joel Ward - 1 year, 4M
Shawn Matthias - 2 years, 2.875M per
Tomas Vokoun - 1 year, 1.7M

2015/16 Starting Lineup:

Havlat (84) - Spezza (88) - Cammalleri (86)
Boucher (80) - Henrique (85) - Zajac (86)
Matthias (83) - McDavid (81) - Loktionov (83)
Clowe (84) - Josefson (83) - Ward (84)

Gelinas (87) - Greene (85)
Merrill (82) - Larsson (84)
Martinez (82) - Schlemko (80)

Schneider (87)
Vokoun (82)

The team is STACKED and Gelinas grew so hopefully he'll hit a top 2 next year!

BTW, I added in some prospects (Eichel, Hanifin etc) and bumped up McDavid so he's ready to go year one. Also, in the future, I might work on formatting a bit more but I don't want to spend too much time on updates. Knowing me, I probably won't even do another big update after this lol. I'll (hopefully) continue with yearly starting lineups but who knows.

Arms316

Jan 4, 2015
Starting a Arizona coyotes be a gm

They fired their gm and hired jack arthur.

More to cone

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I'm in year 15 of my Sharks Be a GM. I've won 4 Cups and I've gotten over 100 points 10 years in a row. My lineup looks like this:

Xavier Simmonds(92 OVR)-Connor McDavid(95 OVR)-Bob Ludemann(89 OVR)
Kip Bass(83 OVR)-Tomas Hertl(86 OVR)-Bill Muckalt(85 OVR)
Andreas Athanasiou(84 OVR)-Dimitri Taratukhin(84 OVR)-Sergei Shirokov(83 OVR)
Nick Ritchie(82 OVR)-Dylan Strome(84 OVR)-Doug Howden(82 OVR)
Scratched: Fredrik Lilja(81 OVR), Ivan Nikulin(80 OVR)

Lee Cooke(90 OVR)-Ulf Svensson(89 OVR)
Calvin Gannon(83 OVR)-Nicolas Meloche(88 OVR)
Marcus Olausson(82 OVR)-Matti Peltola(82 OVR)
Scratched: Keoni Texeira(81 OVR)

Jorgen Tarnstrom(90 OVR)
Johnny Norton(81 OVR)

I'm undefeated in the 1st round and the conference finals, and I've lost twice in the SCF. I often have trouble getting past the second round, for whatever reason. I run into cap trouble every offseason, so I have a different roster every year, but it turns out to be a better player, as I don't need draft picks anymore, so I give them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille